• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The Star Trek was never going to happen. QT doesn't seem like the type to play with other's toys

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
He needs to do a sci fi and a fantasy movie. Then he would have hit all the schlocky high notes that inspired him.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Thurman spoke about this in 2018.

I wasn't aware of that. All I ever heard about was how he refused to share a tape of the incident with her for 15 years.

Did you read her instagram post in 2018? She had already forgiven Tarantino and was on good terms with him. She placed the blame at Miramax.

Any rift between her and Tarantino was closed long before the story was even exposed.

Oct 25, 2017
If he's going to do one more film I'd prefer he do a Kill Bill sequel over a Star Trek film, but I would love both. Never understood why he wants to limit himself to a certain number of films, he's too damn good to stop.

What if he did both

The Bride is in a fight with someone and they are frozen in ice and wakes up after being discovered by the crew of the USS Enterprise, and she has to find her opponent and kill them

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad he's walking away from Star Trek. I just don't see how that would work. Wouldn't mind a 3rd Kill Bill film if the idea is right, it might be a perfect ending to his film career if he's insistent on his next film being the last.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
I have faith that whatever idea he has for Star Trek would actually be entertaining if he was given free reign, but there's no way in hell Paramount wouldn't find a way to twist his ideas into pure garb-o.

I hope he takes his time and makes a film that feels right for him, and gets bored enough to pull a Miyazaki and immediately come out of a self-imposed retirement.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We finally gonna see Sofie Fatale and Elle Driver train Nikkia to kill Beatrix and Bebe?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
327afd44dc3ef3ef52bd999077bfb685

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
There is a lot of crazy talk in this thread about bad Tarantino films. Even the ones I didn't think I enjoyed on first viewing morph into amazing movies with subsequent viewings...and that is despite the outrageous violence that often gives me pause.

Case in point: I didn't think I'd ever enjoy Hateful 8 but I watched it again a few months ago and was hooked from start to finish. And just this last week I watched the episodic version on Netflix and enjoyed it even more.

Django stretches on too long and I feel could have been wrapped up in one less act but is still such a charming movie.

Kill Bill 1 & 2 are masterpieces of grind house cinema.

Inglourious Basterds is downright scary at times at a delightful nazi massacre the rest.

I have not yet seen Once Upon a Time.

And his older movies are classics plain & simple.