echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
A problem some of my Muslim friends have mentioned to me with wearing Pride apparel is their tension between loving and accepting their queer friends despite believing that it is sinful in their respective Muslim ummah.

I'm a Christian and I don't have a huge issue with wearing pride gear but that's because I see it more as demonstrating solidarity with so many abused in the queer community.

lol thanks how generous of you

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
FUf17eRWAAAXNHl

🖕

Jun 17, 2019
As pointed out before Jesus would be hanging out with Gay friends, come to pride and basically call these guys some interesting names given they do not represent what he was teaching.

Of note, I think a LOT of the whole anti gay aspect comes from the King James Bible which is used by a lot of Evangelical churches. So I wish someone would point out to them how other bibles don't have this bullshit in there.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
As pointed out before Jesus would be hanging out with Gay friends, come to pride and basically call these guys some interesting names given they do not represent what he was teaching.

Of note, I think a LOT of the whole anti gay aspect comes from the King James Bible which is used by a lot of Evangelical churches. So I wish someone would point out to them how other bibles don't have this bullshit in there.

Last time i was in an Evangelical church setting (10+ years ago Very Lapsed and not looking back) They had commissioned their own translation of the bible. mostly as a way to control their messaging i'm guessing. NIV was typically standard among non catholic non evangelical denominations.

As far as this situation goes. not sure what to say other then send support and well wishes to the Queer community. Happy Pride Month

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
The fact that you use Jesus as a cover for bigotry just undermines your entire fucking religion. But it's all a means to express hatred anyway. Exactly like that PSG stuff. And just as disgusting.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
shitty of the Rays to let them off the hook. You don't want to wear the uniforms you don't play. Should be simple as that.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm sorry about this shit ass source, but it's the only good video that I was able to find of Sarah Spain rightfully calling out the Tampa Bay players for being bigots.

She fucking murdered them 🔥🔥🔥

Edit: finally found a better source!

Last edited:

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
either make it compulsory or not to wear uniform modifications, some people will abstain if you let them opt out. you see it in every type of show of solidarity.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, if your faith "encourages" hating an entire group of people based on who they're attracted to, it's not a faith worth following. Maybe.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
I'm feeling pretty cynical right now, so excuse me for being blunt.

But claiming that you know what the creator of the universe likes and dislikes means that you think your beliefs are above the laws of the land.

Which eventually leads to justifications of killing these "morally wrong" groups.

I see you assholes hiding behind your faith. Those that make you believe absurdities make you commit atrocities.

Fuck off, assholes. You don't get to hate people because you think Jesus told you to hate them.

As someone raised Catholic, shit like this infuriates me.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Using Jesus to justify your prejudices has always been some pretty weak shit. Then again, a lot of these people tend to have pretty bad reading comprehension anyway.

Pand

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I actually have no problem with this. If your bigoted ass can't see the humanity in me and you need to hide behind your dumb religion or whatever contortions you've made up to justify it, I don't want your fake support. Better to know who you are.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Do they call every naturally occurring type of human a "lifestyle" or just the ones they're uncomfortable with?