tenisilin234

Banned
Dec 5, 2020
Tales OSTs lost their identity somewhere around The Abyss. I haven't listened to every game's OST, but Symphonia's OST is the best I've ever listened to by a wiiiiiide margin.

Do you enjoy the skits in Vesperia? Most of the enjoyment in Tales games for me are the character interactions. The Tales series is entirely carried by its playable characters and battle systems because nothing else in the series evolves beyond that. Vesperia's cast grew on me over time, and I came away with a positive outlook on the game when I finished it on 360. I played it for the first time somewhere around the time Xillia or Xillia 2 was out. I've tried playing through DE, but it's hard for me to start from scratch again...
the game gives ya lvl up items if you dont want to

Oct 31, 2017
Interesting of the people who played the game initially back in the day, more seemed to have soured on it over the years than like it more now than they did back then.

Also the music needs a special mention because of how bad it is. Isn't a patch on Legendia, Symphonia or Abyss's OST. Not a single song has stuck with me and most seem like real B-side material.
The music is literally offensively bland and really drove the "this game is mediocre "comfort food"" point home for me

I'll cry if Sakuraba is the sole composer for Arise

I'd prefer if he wasn't involved at all tbh but that's not likely

OP
OP
Cudpug

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Everything in this game seems wonky (spoilers).

So you leave Dahngrest and go to the Manor of the Wicked following Don Whitehorse, who has gone to fight Yeager. Then you find him, Whitehorse lets Yeager go, and then he returns to Dahngrest. So the whole thing doesn't need to happen. Nothing is accomplished, save for arbitrarily getting Whitehouse out of Dahngrest for 5 minutes. Then after Don dies, Yeager swings by to say he misses Don.

Didn't Don just go to fight / kill him in the previous scene?

What is going on in this game...

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I loved Vesparia on the 360. I need to play this new version.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I'm starting to think the reason why FFVII was as popular as it was is because it got right to the point, starting you off in the midst of battle.
It's also what makes it a blast to replay. You fire it up and within seconds you're right in the middle of exciting stuff with kickass music.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was always one of the more average Tales games but the initial Xbox exclusivity bought it a lot of hype and good will among many it seemed. If you still don't like it at this point then you probably won't at all.

I would honestly rate any Tales game that followed it higher personally (Yes even Symphonia 2).

tenisilin234

Banned
Dec 5, 2020
Everything in this game seems wonky (spoilers).

So you leave Dahngrest and go to the Manor of the Wicked following Don Whitehorse, who has gone to fight Yeager. Then you find him, Whitehorse lets Yeager go, and then he returns to Dahngrest. So the whole thing doesn't need to happen. Nothing is accomplished, save for arbitrarily getting Whitehouse out of Dahngrest for 5 minutes. Then after Don dies, Yeager swings by to say he misses Don.

Didn't Don just go to fight / kill him in the previous scene?

What is going on in this game...
the don didnt let yeager go yeager was alot stronger then the don expected and the don decided to dip so he wouldnt die there of all places

the fight dosent really define how yeager feels about the don. it happens all the time in fiction when someone fights someone they care about

The music is godly btw

Last edited:

tenisilin234

Banned
Dec 5, 2020
It was always one of the more average Tales games but the initial Xbox exclusivity bought it a lot of hype and good will among many it seemed. If you still don't like it at this point then you probably won't at all.

I would honestly rate any Tales game that followed it higher personally (Yes even Symphonia 2).
(two eye ball emoji) lol