• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Tales of Arise Demo is out now in all regions for PS and Xbox. There's no PC demo.

Last edited:

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the Arekkz video. Why are the scenes unvoiced (with short quips)?? Scenes haven't been unvoiced in a mainline entry since the PS1 I think.

PLEASE tell me this is a demo thing.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so I am able to start downloading the demo on my US Xbox while using the NZ link provided on the OP.

It queued 2 demo downloads strangely, one for Xbox One and one for Series X. Canceled the Xbox One version. Will update in a few min if it works.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where does this demo start you out at? Would be a waste if it just starts you out as a low level character with limited combat options

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
nice to see that the Japanese verion comes with English language support, hopefully that applies to the final release as well.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Why are the scenes unvoiced (with short quips)??

PLEASE tell me this is a demo thing.

the dialogue in Tales of Arise (and many JRPGS) range between voice acted cutscenes, animated cutscenes, scenes with just text dialogue and Skits (for Tales, with Tales of Arise specifically having a Graphic Novel like cutscenes). I just think it's the same for Arise too

Last edited:

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
Just made a NZ account and downloaded the demo. Only played for about ten minutes so far, but some immediate impressions:

* As usual with PS5 games, I love the load times. Moving the post-battle experience screen outside of combat is a brilliant idea that keeps things moving.
* Rinwell's English voice recording sounds different than the other characters. I'd bet it has to do with VAs recording under different circumstances due to COVID.
* The battle system seems good so far. I like the meter for the Artes so you're not just spamming them constantly, and it's easy to use another character's special move. I somehow triggered a dual special move and the two characters commented on it on the field, after the battle.
* The game is gorgeous, but I wish there was a way to pull back the camera from the character. Feels too zoomed-in.
* Allowing you to skip through dialogue during skits automatically puts this in the upper tier of Tales games.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
YAYYYY !!!

DEMO WORKS ON US XBOX USING THE NZ LINK TO DOWNLOAD !!!

No need to change regions on your console settings.

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
the dialogue in Tales of Arise (and many JRPGS) range between voice acted cutscenes, animated cutscenes, scenes with just text dialogue and Skits (for Tales, with Tales of Arise specifically having a Graphic Novel like cutscenes)

Berseria was fully voiced. Why would they cheap out this time?

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Changing the basic attack button to RT feels so much better - at least while playing with Shionne.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see much of a difference between the Prioritize Graphics or Performance modes. Both seem to run at 60 and maybe the Graphics mode is a bit less aliased ?

Need dem 200% zoomed in pictures to properly digest. Unless the Performance mode runs at 120hz (can't verify on my 60hz display).

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Berseria was fully voiced. Why would they cheap out this time?
Isn't voice acting in Japan paid a lot better if devs want to use big name actors? I could see that leading to cutting back the number of lines to important story moments, if the budget is generally tighter this time around. Which would make sense given the new engine and much better overall graphical presentation of the game.

Sambo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Thanks for the link, I was able to download to my Series X with that Xbox link, its downloading right now. Can't wait to try this out!!

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
Is there a way to change the text to English in the Japanese demo? It has English VA but i can't seem to change the text

RPGamer2

Jul 19, 2018
There is nothing better than having your own impression of games. I'm liking what I'm playing so far.

Kaze

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really see much of a difference between the Prioritize Graphics or Performance modes. Both seem to run at 60 and maybe the Graphics mode is a bit less aliased ?

Need dem 200% zoomed in pictures to properly digest. Unless the Performance mode runs at 120hz (can't verify on my 60hz display).
On PS5, graphics mode feels a lot worse than performance mode.