deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I was not aware that they were two different games. If that's correct, then I'd say the opposite criticism is valid: why are so many tracks shared? :P

Well, as Tayaya alluded to, it's more that mostly popular anime/pop songs are what's shared; do note that the arcade versions (to my knowledge) don't really "lose" songs over time so they're kinda picking whatever they feel is best for each new version. Which makes the overlap here make even more sense than usual, because they were released less than a year apart, so what's popular has remained popular. And the shared tracks include NGE and One Piece's themes, not to mention Zenzenzense from Your Name which is probably gonna be around for a while now. Similarly I think Sugar Song and Bitter Step's much more popular than you'd think for it being Blood Blockade Battlefront's theme; when I was in Japan a couple years ago it was the hot new thing being added to every rhythm game, so no surprise it's still in both. And the other shared pop songs are popular as well, of course.

As a result of the timing you also have the awkward case of the PS4 having a Kamen Rider theme as DLC (since Build would have either just started airing or been about to start airing at its release, I believe?) while the Switch has it by default.

...I should say all of this is what has me conflicted about which to pick when I do get one, since there's a big overlap in what I actually care about here, but I think I'd still go Switch for handheld for the time being. If anything I just wish the Vocaloid and to a lesser extent Touhou sections were much more expanded. I'd easily lose some Namco Orignals for that; it's probably blasphemous to say, but I can play other rhythm games for original music, hah.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Let me make sure I am understanding the situation correctly before I pull the trigger on anything:

There is no drum controller released for NA, but there is for EU, including the bundle. The drum controller itself is region agnostic and will function without any compatibility issues whatsoever.

However, if I buy the drum + game bundle from JP/EU, I would be bound to that region's DLC, including having to switch regions and also buy that region's e-shop credit codes?

So the least fussy way is to get the game through the NA eshop, but import the drum controller from JP or EU, whichever is cheaper/faster.

Is that all correct?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Let me make sure I am understanding the situation correctly before I pull the trigger on anything:

There is no drum controller released for NA, but there is for EU, including the bundle. The drum controller itself is region agnostic and will function without any compatibility issues whatsoever.

However, if I buy the drum + game bundle from JP/EU, I would be bound to that region's DLC, including having to switch regions and also buy that region's e-shop credit codes?

So the least fussy way is to get the game through the NA eshop, but import the drum controller from JP or EU, whichever is cheaper/faster.

Is that all correct?
I think (but am not 100% sure) that the DLC is cross region at least for NA/EU because I bought the game from NA but it shows as purchased on the EU store.

Edit: confirmed. I purchased a €0.99 song from the EU store and it worked.

Last edited:

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I think (but am not 100% sure) that the DLC is cross region at least for NA/EU because I bought the game from NA but it shows as purchased on the EU store.

Edit: confirmed. I purchased a €0.99 song from the EU store and it worked.

Thanks for the test/update. That corrects some misinformation I read online then.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
holy crap, I just decided to try the party mode, and I'm quickly realizing it's pretty much Rhythm Heaven?

woweee

Krysuk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imported the Japanese switch version with drum
My cat HATES me playing it = not as much fun as I thought I would have

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely tempted by this, but I can't find anywhere in to the UK buy a PS4 drum without import costs, only the Switch set.

Deleted member 32359

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Game is legit good. Got it with the drums but played the demo with joy-cons. Both are ok imo and even if I'm not good enough to play in extreme at least in difficult mode there's no big issue.

Imported the Japanese switch version with drum
My cat HATES me playing it = not as much fun as I thought I would have

Haven't played this mode yet. I now have to play it! (thanks)

Lady Justice

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ok, after a blonde moment I got it to work.
You have to hit the drums pretty hard and I have to calibrate the lag a bit.
But it's really fun

Last edited:

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
So is there an OT for this? It seems to have unceremoniously released last week and I didn't realize it until today.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Man I can't believe there's no physical PS4 version in the UK and it's £49.99 on the store with the a £25 expansion. I'm tempted just to get the Japanese version with a drum.

Gutted there's no JoJo songs I loved playing Sono Chi no Sadame in the arcade version. Hype as hell.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
Just copped this for switch. Played touchscreen real quick and I think I'm gonna like it. Didn't manage to plug headphones in.

About to bust it out on the fam and see how the motion control goes..
Have realistic expectations. wish me luck.

Also, if there's a recommended drum peripheral someone can attest to, please do tell.