• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Game you are picking on february 25th

• Samurai Shodown

Votes: 26 5.2%
  • Megaman Zero ZX Legacy Collection

Votes: 164 32.9%
  • Both

Votes: 25 5.0%
  • None

Votes: 260 52.2%
  • Other game

Votes: 23 4.6%

• Total voters

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
How are the Zero games, and is it a solid collection overall, or the standard thing of like 2 or 3 good ones and the rest being meh to awful like the other Mega Man collections?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Samurai Showdown comes out later on PC, so Megaman Zero collection on PC for now.
Oh you still think it's coming? Heh

I have Samsho on PS4 and will probably get MMZ Collection later on this year. This month is still "work on backlog" month so I'll hopefully have started Golf Story by then.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno that I'll get it day one, but of those two I'll be picking up the Mega Man collection

Mar 30, 2019
How are the Zero games, and is it a solid collection overall, or the standard thing of like 2 or 3 good ones and the rest being meh to awful like the other Mega Man collections?
They are consistent amongst all 6 yet a little more difficult than the X series. It's fair to say that they are all great, aside from ZX's map system. It follows principles of the first 3 X games. Not so much X4 and after, keep in mind.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Want to say Samurai shodown but I don't purchase fighters on Switch, Nintendo did all the work to make us avoid the genre, Wifi only + Great Dpad (sarcasm, and I know you can purchase a Ethernet to USB adapter and play wired but...what about the others? If no one else is using ethernet then is meaningless)

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Since i have MMZ1-4 on the GBA, and The collection + the two other games on DS, i really dont need them on switch.

What i would like is a game that plays like MMZero, but with a higher resolution (the gba resolution was really small), and a new story, with simular tone like the Zero games. Essentially i want a sequell without the old cast.

For people that didn't play them: do it, if you like action games. In my opinion they are the best Mega Man Games (kloser to X then base MM, obviously), movement feeld way better than MMX when you ask me, ahst better writing/characters/story. really really great games.

Deleted member 21858

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine buying a late port of a SNK fighting game on the Switch.
(Sorry to the 2 of you buying it was just a joke)

Deleted member 55311

Banned
Mar 26, 2019
Neither but if whoever keeps tossing out Mega Man ports wants my money they need to start working on Star Force ports.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Both, since SS comes with a Neo Geo Pocket Color game. Kinda nervous tbh since playing VI was godawful and felt like an abysmal Street Fighter ripoff, but I hear VI is the worst anyhow and this one is fun so I'm game. That and the fact that this isn't a 30FPS dumpster fire like SNK Heroines was. I'll get the MMZ collection too so I can try the ZX games for the first time. The X collection barely had any problematic lag (only in the SNES games did it have any that may be noticeable) and previews seem to imply it's just as fine so I'm pretty excited to give them all a go with my Saturn pad

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
What i would like is a game that plays like MMZero, but with a higher resolution (the gba resolution was really small), and a new story, with simular tone like the Zero games.

Wasn't that recent Gunvolt Luminous Avenger a Zero style game/maybe even a spiritual successor by the same Devs?

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
None. I was kinda interested in picking up samsho but uniclr comes out five days before and I want to learn that game more.

OP
OP
King Dodongo

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for not adding RF4. That one flew under my radar.

Got SS for PS4, got again the Japanese Switch release... and I wasn't planning to do it but thanks to the collector edition that comes with Samurai Shodown! 2 (the NeoGeo Pocket game) in its own game card and box, I will be getting it again. It does help that Safari Games did an outstanding job with the Switch version, and the NeoGeo Pocket game is quite awesome by itself.

Great to know that this is a solid version. I'll be buying both games for sure!

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well I have Samurai Shodown on Xbox and I've found myself preferring the Mega Man collections on that too so...technically neither on Switch.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
do we know how the input lag will be for MMZ collection on Switch ? I remember people complaining about the previous megaman collections having horrendous input lag when the games are very reaction based and punishing.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
whynotboth.gif

I have always wanted to play the ZX games though so I think that's going to be first.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
do we know how the input lag will be for MMZ collection on Switch ? I remember people complaining about the previous megaman collections having horrendous input lag when the games are very reaction based and punishing.

People said that about all the other Mega Man Collections and I never felt like it was an issue and I have an extensive history with the series.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Neither, my Switch is entirely a Ring Fit device until the BotW sequel / Metroid Prime 4 releases

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I'm buying Zero/ZX Legacy Collection on both Switch (physical) and Xbox (digital) because I'm a hopeless diehard fan and want to be able to 100% the achievements but also take the collection on the go.

SikSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Mega Man I'll get on Steam. Still waiting on Samurai Shodown to evolve more before I get that too.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
The 25th belongs to the Zero Collection. $30, everything in the cart/disc, and available worldwide. Just crossing my fingers for no input lag issues. 🤞

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I am not the sort of person who buys games at launch but I will at least see if this is as good as the DS versions and make a judgment accordingly.
Portable form factor notwithstanding, I tend to prefer getting these retro rereleases on PC, as it's easier to have fun with the data that way.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Neither. Already have SamSho for PS4 and will be waiting on MegaMan Zero until it's on sale for $20 or cheaper — I wanna play it but I don't value the classics enough to make it an urgent or full priced pickup.