Sonic_Mania_%28artwork%29.jpg

and didn't use it

whyyyyyyyyy
I'm tearing up over here...

David

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neo Yokio
Great title and yes, we need more recognition on the best Switch icons.

Don't change the name of the awards!

So you're making a sexist joke. Doesn't make it not sexist.
So what's the problem with a little of fun? Nobody will stop you if you make the same kind of joke.

"Uhhh, he said tits!!!11!!!"

1080peace

Oct 27, 2017
If the constant complaining about Switch icons wasn't immature enough. What a way to celebrate the crowning achievement of annoying independent developers on Twitter: a dumbass sexist joke.

SnowCrow

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Neiteio had an avatar that said "That would be TITS HD" for a long while now, this is nothing but a joke related to that and it's not sexist, Jesus. Stop looking for problems where there are none.
One of the few things from the original avatar that is still visible beneath the Chuck E. Cheese hat, the Cranky beard, etc

(And beneath those, a TW101 mask, a Luigi hat, etc)

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Love the thread (even the original title).
Really great work Neiteio !

Also, glad to see Kingdom New Lands so high up.
It should get a special award for "Most Improved Icon" because it was horredous and now it's easily one of the best icons in the universe.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
Neiteio had an avatar that said "That would be TITS HD" for a long while now, this is nothing but a joke related to that and it's not sexist, Jesus. Stop looking for problems where there are none.
oh boy, trials in tainted space HD, i can't wait

also i was waiting for billy crystal to break out his old jazzman routine, where are the classic racial impressions

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Love the thread (even the original title).
Really great work Neiteio !

Also, glad to see Kingdom New Lands so high up.
It should get a special award for "Most Improved Icon" because it was horredous and now it's easily one of the best icons in the universe.
"Most Improved Icon" would be a neat category. I guess we could glean that just by considering which games changed their icons and seeing how they fared on the list.

By that metric, the winner would be SteamWorld Dig 2 in sixth place.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I like the Zelda icon but the fact that title color is pretty close to background color seems kinda bad.

Mo0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad this thread is a thing because it seems like Switch foregrounding the Icons has given some games the opportunity to demonstrate some flair in an increasingly digital, box art-free world.

I feel like I shouldn't have to know OP's backstory to know the name isn't just "lol boobs" - why not keep it art related with GIFS - Great/Golden Icons For Switch games ?

Or to avoid straining the acronym, play up how it's an optional thing that people appreciate when it's done well - GIFTS - Great/Golden Icons For Titles on Switch?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The previous title was technically a continued reference to this phrase in Revelations.

I saw Neiteio's avatar before I played Revelations and it ruined it for me. I expected it to be bellowed from the diaphragm like Quint seems to be doing in the render. Instead it's just a nerdy guy quietly letting that line slip out when talking about a computer.

On topic, I have little to say, except that I love that even Nintendo seems to have sucked into this.

Nobody does, not even Nintendo.

hI6fKRL.png

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Penguin-Kun Gira Gira Wars was Robbed.

penguin-kungiragirawad1siu.jpg
You were the sole vote for this game, but your ballot description was amazing:

1. PENGUIN-KUN GIRA GIRA WARS BECAUSE FUCK YOU.

LOOK AT THIS NEON SHIT, ITS GODDAMN EVERYWHERE. YOU SEE THAT BALLER AS FUCK PENGUIN WITH THE SHADES GIVING YOU THE SIDE EYE? HE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE GAME HE'S JUST GOING TO HANG WITH HIS HOMIES.

LOOK AT HIS CREW.
  • GREEN FIRST NATIONS KOALA
  • CANT SEE YOU BECAUSE MY HAIR IS ON FLEEK SHEEP
  • EYEPATCH BABY PANDA
  • HAWAIIAN SHIRT HIPPO WITH SHADES THROWING GANG SIGNS. YOU KNOW HE'S THE PENGUINS BRO.
  • ELTON JOHN GLASSES SLOTH (THE REFERENCE IS OLD GET IT)
THESE KAWAII SUGOI MOTHERFUCKERS AINT PLAYING AROUND. THIS IS A GODDAMN GIRA GIRA WAR AND THEY'RE HERE TO RIDE OR DIE FOR PENGUIN-KUN.

These are my submissions. If Penguin-Kun doesn't win that's some bullshit.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't care less about any of this, and most of the jokes went over my head, but I can't help but admire the work, enthusiasm, and creativity that went into the OP. Nicely done, Neiteio! You made me smile today.

(Ok, I do care enough to say that Mario Kart 8 icon is hideous and anyone who voted for that needs their eyes checked. BoTW and L.A. Noire look absolutely gorgeous though.)

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't care less about any of this, and most of the jokes went over my head, but I can't help but admire the work, enthusiasm, and creativity that went into the OP. Nicely done, Neiteio! You made me smile today.

(Ok, I do care enough to say that Mario Kart 8 icon is hideous and anyone who voted for that needs their eyes checked. BoTW and L.A. Noire look absolutely gorgeous though.)
I was going to thank you for the kind words, but then you said I'm blind for picking MK8D, haha. Meanie! :-P

Seriously, tho, it's like Christmas lights at night. So colorful and pretty. <3

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Zelda rightfully takes it home. I don't agree with MK though, there were plenty more deserving, albeit less famous, ones.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Penguin Wars might've done better if more than one word of its title was in a language I could read!

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
I bet the Mario Kart icon haters all have drab grey joycons too.

Fun thread, though I can't help but suspect Zelda owes its place moreso to exposure than the icon's merits.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Moderately sad that this isn't an actual real thing, being streamed live on Twitch or something.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Man who knew tits would be such a contentious word.

Great job Neiteio, as always doing the lord's work

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Fuck I forgot to go back and vote in the thread. Could have had my pick roasted by Billy Crystal! Ah well maybe next time.

(before I forget Bless you Neiteio this was absolutely hysterical)