• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Players Ben could realistically beat to win $2 million facing a 16-person jury...

- Nick
- The Edge of Extinction returnee
- Ummm... I might entertain Michele if she had a different edit, but nope.

That's it. He would probably deserve to win over Jeremy but won't get credit for that.

Smaller jury. Non-winner jury pool. Yeah, I could see Ben winning under those circumstances. But not here.

Incidentally, Tony eclipsed a 40-season record with 18 confessionals tonight. (Although I suspect someone like Luke or David has cleared that mark on Australian Survivor with its extended-length format).

Red_V2

Oct 25, 2017
Tony is in a super solid spot rn. I'm also watching China and it is really nice to see a new setting because I'm tied of the same 4 beaches.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Parvati spent one Fire Token on a jar of peanut butter, per a secret scene posted. She potentially has three remaining from the four she got from Michele for the 50/50 coin, though Rob, Amber, Ethan, Danni and Natalie all know about that transaction.

Parvati and Natalie together just scored six more Fire Tokens. If they split them evenly, Parvati potentially has six all to herself. Maybe another secret scene will clarify how many she's holding on to herself, whether she spent any of the others from the Michele transaction on other food items, etc. We are a bit in the dark about the exact whereabouts of nine total Tokens!

parvati used all 4 tokens or split them up. It said 0 during her confessionals tonight.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Tony is such a frustrating player because I feel deep down his playstyle shouldn't work but he makes it work. He's been under the radar a bit for a lot of the game and it seems now he's finally emerging and showing that the Tony that won Cagayan is here playing Winners at War. With an idol in his pocket and what I'm perceiving to be tight allies right now, he's in a great position. I'm hoping he gets blindsided, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate his game. I sense the winner will be whoever wins the war between Tony, Sarah and Kim, with the rest of the current players unlikely to win at the end sitting next to any of them. Nick is looking to be a no-votes finalist either way.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
Did he really look good pre-merge? There's only one blindside on his resume... and it's Ethan.
And I think I sort of give Michele more credit for that one.

He was misted on the Natalie vote, Danni talked herself out of the game, he was idoled on the Sandra vote and then we hit merge. Unless you're grading him on confessionals, that's not much of a game. And I'd give Adam more points for confessionals.

His best play thus far was apparently sniffing out that his ass was grass if he hadn't played the ejection card last week. And being so snowed by Tony that Tony felt comfortable setting Jeremy aside to take out a bigger target this week.
Eh, I thought outside of the Natalie blindside he was well positioned through most of the pre merge. Danni self destructing is no knock against him, and it's not as if Denise needed to play that idol on him. He was in the minority post swap, and somehow became a central figure of the tribe.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Finally! We get a Tony-palooza!

Great episode. I feel like this really opens up the game after this. Tony goes in to target #1, Denise/Kim are in flux, Ben is likely in flux.

Will be really interesting to see how things shake up next week.

This group just feels like an all out mess of voting blocks. I feel like Sophie/Sarah/Ben were running the show and now this shakes everything up.

Two big details from this episode that I think are important in retrospect is how we were shown that the Tony/Sarah relationship was already rocky and how much Kim was able to see through Tony's BS. These aspects didn't matter all that much in this episode but I feel it's put in pretty specifically to contrast an all out Tony looking good episode. I can't see him lasting more than an a tribal or two after this. I feel like Tony was relying on his old strategy of going against his alliance and then just falling back in line with them on the next vote but this was early steps to showing he doesn't have that reliable core to fall back on that he did in Cagayan.

Last edited:

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was liking Sophie up until that really quite rude "Why don't the five of us just go over here and pick the sacrifice" statement last week, so I guess, bye

Unless Tony says you know what maybe Jeremy is my guy, Jeremy's a dumbass and it's strange he doesn't see it??? When has anyone mentioned Tony's name? Why would Jeremy think he'd be with the losers?

Also kind of pissed Tony was able to get the tokens he needed for the Extinction thing. Now that development would have shaken tribal up.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I was liking Sophie up until that really quite rude "Why don't the five of us just go over here and pick the sacrifice" statement last week, so I guess, bye

Unless Tony says you know what maybe Jeremy is my guy, Jeremy's a dumbass and it's strange he doesn't see it??? When has anyone mentioned Tony's name? Why would Jeremy think he'd be with the losers?

Also kind of pissed Tony was able to get the tokens he needed for the Extinction thing. Now that development would have shaken tribal up.

I thought it was really dumb of Michele and Jeremy to not look at that as an opportunity of making the numbers even and taking him out of the equation if his loyalty was that in question. Makes a 4/4 split but 4/3 when it comes to the rock draw with Tony still being eligible for it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That was the most entertaining episode of the season. Finally Tony mixing shit up lol.

I'm surprised Sophie actually went out. Seems like it's an incredible rarity for someone to get voted out basically without even saying an entire word the whole episode. I guess it's cuz Edge of Extinction is a thing. While the extortion was pretty funny, EoE really takes the impact out of people getting voted out. I don't like this gimmick.

Last edited:

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, Sophie's win is definitely somewhere around the lower middle for me. Not bottom tier at all.

And I mean she was only 21 when she won her season! I feel like it's hard to play a really assertive game at that age, but she definitely showed that she is capable of that this time around in her early thirties, and really rose on my overall 'best player' rankings.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
So I've started watching Survivor seasons I missed and I started with Second Chance since it's mostly people I know already. Aaaaaaand wow Edge of Extinction makes episodes so much worse. There's so much fun camp stuff, strategy, and everything and I'm only four episodes in, it's so great. Night and day for editing and content.

Also I hated Savage and Deitz on their first seasons but I really like both of them this time around. Also Woo is surprisingly more personable this time around, I didnt remember much about him from Cagayan thanks to Tony.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Man I can't believe we're getting Tony doing Tony things again. I was so happy throughout the whole episode.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
The dawning of the Spy Nest is upon us.

Vz6ETB.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Caught up.

Still feel confused by modern Survivor players who want to blindside people for little to no reason sometimes, but the ruleset this season is really good at least. The currency system is really nice.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
I think it's a few things. One is that they want to pad their resume with "Big Moves". The other is that I think a lot of times their reasons are more thought out than we're shown. I think they really struggle to show everything in a 40 minute episode because everyone is playing so hard, and they can't show it all. They also want suspense for the tribal council so they don't want to show us too much.