• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I mean we see the alliances, but the other tribe members don't. So in this last one when they literally just did a team huddle on the floor after Jeremy left, that made it super wild to me.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Ben won because of the F4 firemaking twist that we didn't know about, simple as that. He was playing a game that was killing him stone dead the moment he wasn't immune.

Anyone got thoughts on this idea for an idol?

Shadow Idol: When played at Tribal Council, you must name another player who is presently at Tribal. If they currently have a hidden immunity idol, you will steal that idol from them and play it immediately. Otherwise, this idol will have no power.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone see this wacky scene preview for tonight's episode?

Ready for tonight. Survivor on my birthday. Does it get any better? :)

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017

Thank you all. For the past four years, I've run a game of Survivor as the host (dressed like Jeff lol) with my friends as participants on nearby Florida beaches. Well, one year we rented a house and did Big Brother. But it takes me a few months to come up with the challenges, buy supplies and everything. Because obviously year five isn't happening this year, my fiancee got me Cameos from Reem, Brice, Tyson, Coach, and Nick from Survivor AU. Life is good!

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Kim reading Tony like a book, there we go that's the Kim I've wanted to see.

Man this episode has already had more good content than the entire last episode and it's only been 10 minutes.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Happy birthday SoleSurvivor!

Lol at Jeremy being offended that people aren't telling him what happened at tribal or that people are mad at him. What did he think would happen?
And now he thinks he has the numbers for some absurd reason. I know I said Jeremy seemed off his game during his pre-season interview but I didn't realize he'd be THIS off his game.

Nick's floating with the numbers every single time his alliance crumbles. Dude's going to float right on over to a Final 3 goat spot if people keep overlooking him.

Unfortunately, now I have to seriously worry about Denise.

Kim reading Tony like a book, there we go that's the Kim I've wanted to see.

Man this episode has already had more good content than the entire last episode and it's only been 10 minutes.
Amazing what happens when you show actual Survivor gameplay instead of the horseshit Probst has been filling episodes with of late.

Of course, now we'll just waste some time with some Edge fire token nonsense.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
And now he thinks he has the numbers for some absurd reason. I know I said Jeremy seemed off his game during his pre-season interview but I didn't realize he'd be THIS off his game.

Nick's floating with the numbers every single time his alliance crumbles. Dude's going to float right on over to a Final 3 goat spot if people keep overlooking him.

Unfortunately, now I have to seriously worry about Denise.

It's very bizarre honestly...

Oh God they're gonna give it to Tony

They absolutely are. Let's see how he gets on with it lol.

Edit: he's so excited about it, lmao!

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Natalie and Parvati now have 10 fire tokens between them and we'll have seemingly zero clue as to whether they've been spent or kept or not. That seems like a dropped ball given how much emphasis has been put on those blasted coins all season.

I'll just assume that Parv spent the 4 tokens from the 50/50 coin deal on food like she professed she would. And that Nat and Parv split the 6 from the Extort Tony gambit so they now have 3 apiece.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Okay, this is chaos but with setup, I like it. I wonder if we're gonna get another whisper TC.

Natalie and Parvati now have 10 fire tokens between them and we'll have seemingly zero clue as to whether they've been spent or kept or not. That seems like a dropped ball given how much emphasis has been put on those blasted coins all season.

I'll just assume that Parv spent the 4 tokens from the 50/50 coin deal on food like she professed she would. And that Nat and Parv split the 6 from the Extort Tony gambit so they now have 3 apiece.

It said Parvati had 0 tokens on EOE earlier in the episode, and she was the one who got the 4 tokens before, so she probably spent them on food like she said.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew. On one hand, I'm always a sucker for a good blindside, but on the other hand, Sophie. :(

All aboard the Tony train I guess. We have to stan.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
This was definitely the Tony coming out party episode.

Finds an idol, deflects an extortion advantage to play in a challenge/preserve his vote, wins the immunity challenge and then single-handedly orchestrates a blindside of his #1 ally's side partner.

Dude's going to rack up a kazillion fantasy points from tonight.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Is that the only idol to not get played so far this season?

Also gotta say, this episode really drove home for me that the Fire Tokens amount to a whole lotta nothing. Like, they provide some problems for people to overcome, but then they never really do anything of note.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
This was for sure Tony's episode, but it's gonna be interesting to see if the following episodes paint him as the villain or the protagonist. I can easily see with what they set up this episode where Sarah plays the better social game vs Tony's cutthroat game and that mattering in the end.

EPISODE 11 HIDDEN ADVANTAGE TRACKER

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
HIDDEN ADVANTAGE TRACKER (after 11 episodes)

IMMUNITY IDOLS

Tony (others that know of its existence - NONE)

OTHER GAME ADVANTAGES

Michele ("50/50 immunity coin" - can only be used until Final 7; others that know of its existence - Everyone on the Edge except Adam, Sophie and Tyson)

FIRE TOKEN TRACKER (after 11 episodes)

Total in Play = 19 (-2 from last week; 2 token bestowed to IC winner; 4 presumed to have been spent for food on the Edge of Extinction)
Players Left in the Game = 19

Denise = 3
Kim = 3
Natalie (on EoE) = 3 (presumed share from successful Extort Tony gambit)
Parvati (on EoE) = 3 (presumed share from successful Extort Tony gambit)
Nick = 2
Sarah = 2
Tony = 2
Jeremy = 1
Ben = 0
Michele = 0

Everyone else on the Edge of Extinction has 0.

Tonight was the first time all season that Ben has been left out of a voting decision. Lost his fire token tonight, too. Poor guy.

This episode encapsulates how foolish it was for these players to dismiss Tony in the early game as a non-threatening character. Allowing him to firmly plant roots into a game dynamic with minimal trust and zero communication will set him up as an extraordinarily dangerous and chaotic presence going forward.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
After the really good old school players Tony would have been #1 on my list to go.

Dude just knows how to play the game.

Just completely relentless. Never rests. Never sits back. Always gives in 100%.

Ben being clueless about all this stuff going on proves he's the goat you drag to the end though.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Man, what a fun episode. I love Tony so much, and I love that he just turned on this episode. He did a hell of a lot of work.

It was hilarious that all episode, he was planning on screwing Jeremy, and Jeremy bought every word of it. But then the moment Tony changed his mind to try and help Jeremy, Jeremy finally starts doubting him, lol.

Still bums me out how bad Nick has been this season, as I liked him.

And as much fun as the Tony plan was, and as exciting as the blindside was, sad to see Sophie was the victim. I like her a lot, and I was enjoying her game. Would've preferred to see Sarah go. At least it looks like Sarah is pissed, and could provide some good tv next week.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
And as much fun as the Tony plan was, and as exciting as the blindside was, sad to see Sophie was the victim. I like her a lot, and I was enjoying her game. Would've preferred to see Sarah go. At least it looks like Sarah is pissed, and could provide some good tv next week.
Tony's going to work the hard sell on his Cops R Us partner that he was looking out for her interests and that he can still be relied upon - and that pretending to be at odds could be good for both their games as they'll be able to collect information from everyone still left and make informed decisions to further both their games. Whether she'll buy it or not, however... well, remains to be seen.

If she has any sense, she'll want to slit Tony's throat but I suspect he's going to win her over. Hopefully Kim can get in her ear as a calming influence and Jeremy just doesn't blow up all of their games as his read on things continues to be completely off.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I am so frustrated and mad at Survivor Reddit right now. They basically spoiled tonight's episode for me.

I was noticing when people were talking about Sophie huddling everyone up last week... That there was this weird contingent that seemed unusually confident that it was going to cost her the game. Like, it didn't feel like speculation. There was this feeling that it was obvious it wasn't going to end well. One guy even outright said that he can't wait until Tony blindsides her.

I haven't read spoilers since back in the Miconesia days. But it feels 100% obvious that this season got spoiled to hell and back.

But to go into a discussion/speculation thread and talk like that, when you basically know all the answers? That is super shitty. Wow, great job on being right. I bet the Edgic folks are doing such a great job connecting up the edit to the bootlist this season.

Sorry for the rant. This obviously isn't directed at any of you (y'all are the best). But I was a big Sophie fan and was frustrated to basically get spoiled this week. :(

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That sucks, sorry. Other subreddits do a better job of moderating and isolating the spoiled people.

As long as Ben loses, then I am good. This season is fun.

Thanks. I don't know how much they can do, there are always going to be rando's who want to call their shot and/or rain on people's parades. I acknowledge I am probably being bitter that she got voted out. I was rooting for Ethan and Yul and had to move to Sophie. I guess I should embrace the chaos and root for Tony now?

It was crazy how bad Ben played that convo with Jeremy! Not even trying to lie to him. I hope he doesn't win either because yeesh. He has been all over the place this season.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Ben's predominant game weakness is that he'll happily telegraph whether he's invested in working with you to further his game or not. If he's mentally written you off as being an asset to him, he won't give you the time of day. Especially if you're the one coming to him. He did it with Adam and now he's doing it with Jeremy.

As he's not affording that level of game respect to others, I can't imagine him winning a vote from a jury of SIXTEEN people. Especially one that features effectively two votes in the hands of Boston Rob.

That said, I can envision Ben hanging around a while longer because you want players who are easily readable in a season with information control this locked up. Because at least you know where they're going... even if it's against you.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Parvati spent one Fire Token on a jar of peanut butter, per a secret scene posted. She potentially has three remaining from the four she got from Michele for the 50/50 coin, though Rob, Amber, Ethan, Danni and Natalie all know about that transaction.

Parvati and Natalie together just scored six more Fire Tokens. If they split them evenly, Parvati potentially has six all to herself. Maybe another secret scene will clarify how many she's holding on to herself, whether she spent any of the others from the Michele transaction on other food items, etc. We are a bit in the dark about the exact whereabouts of nine total Tokens!

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
That was a great episode. Tony was on fire. Jeremy was so unbelievably snowed. Imagine if Tony got a token from Jeremy and voted him out. That could have easily happened. Jeremy seemed so good pre merge, but since the Wendell vote he's been struggling.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
That was a great episode. Tony was on fire. Jeremy was so unbelievably snowed. Imagine if Tony got a token from Jeremy and voted him out. That could have easily happened. Jeremy seemed so good pre merge, but since the Wendell vote he's been struggling.
Did he really look good pre-merge? There's only one blindside on his resume... and it's Ethan.
And I think I sort of give Michele more credit for that one.

He was misted on the Natalie vote, Danni talked herself out of the game, he was idoled on the Sandra vote and then we hit merge. Unless you're grading him on confessionals, that's not much of a game. And I'd give Adam more points for confessionals.

His best play thus far was apparently sniffing out that his ass was grass if he hadn't played the ejection card last week. And being so snowed by Tony that Tony felt comfortable setting Jeremy aside to take out a bigger target this week.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Did he really look good pre-merge? There's only one blindside on his resume... and it's Ethan.
And I think I sort of give Michele more credit for that one.

He was misted on the Natalie vote, Danni talked herself out of the game, he was idoled on the Sandra vote and then we hit merge. Unless you're grading him on confessionals, that's not much of a game. And I'd give Adam more points for confessionals.

His best play thus far was apparently sniffing out that his ass was grass if he hadn't played the ejection card last week. And being so snowed by Tony that Tony felt comfortable setting Jeremy aside to take out a bigger target this week.
I'd say he was certainly in the center of original Sele and managed to evade that first boot on NuDakal so he was doing pretty good. Certainly not flashy but he was very well connected pre-merge.