Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn. I was sad when I thought Nick would be gone, but I like Tyson even more. Super funny that he gave his token to Nick, though.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
What a valiant move at the end by Tyson. I think that was the wrong move for Sandra, but possibly the right one if there's a swap. Tyson would definitely be going with Rob immediately

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
My Survivor Fantasy League team takes its first direct hit.

Man, if you had told me at the start of this season that Tyson and Ethan would be voted out before a swap and that Rob, Sandra and Tony wouldn't even have any votes cast against them yet... I'd have said you were crazy.

And yet here we are.

EPISODE 4 HIDDEN ADVANTAGE TRACKER

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
HIDDEN ADVANTAGE TRACKER (after 4 episodes)

IMMUNITY IDOLS

Sandra (immunity idol w/ limited shelf life - can only be used at her next tribal council)
Kim+Sophie (split immunity idol - looming tribe swap may render it useless unless they sync up beforehand)
Denise (immunity idol)

OTHER GAME ADVANTAGES

Jeremy ("get out of tribal free" card - can only be used until Final 10)
Sarah ("steal a vote" ability)

FIRE TOKEN TRACKER (after 4 episodes)

Total in Play = 24 (+4 from last week)

Natalie (on EOE) = 4
Denise = 2
Nick = 2
Parvati = 2
Rob = 2

Sandra = 0
Sarah = 0
Tyson (on EOE) = 0

Everyone else has 1.

For the record, if I was down in numbers after a swap, had two tokens to my name and had doubts about my tribe's ability to win a particular challenge, I'd be pooling my tokens for an advantage next week. If nothing else, I'd like to see people start actively inquiring what an advantage would entail for a particular challenge even if they don't go ahead and splurge on one.

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was totally fooled by the edit. Maybe I was holding out hope for my Early Bird pick, but when Sarah pitched that super alliance with Tyson and Tony, I thought it was happening. It looked so hopeless for Tyson at the beginning, I assumed it was too obvious to actually happen by the end. He definitely had the right idea in hyping up the "no connections" people, though. That was an excellent read on his part. He just got screwed by Sandra The Grudgeholder already being poisoned. Overall, it was nice to get a break from The Adam Show.

Looking forward to seeing how the swap shakes out. With Boston Rob and Parvati looking to throw most of Sele under the bus, it'll be interesting to see what direction Dakal wants to go.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
The Ethan segment was really touching. It was really sweet that the ladies did the last lap with him.

Also on that front, Natalie is such a beast.

I don't think red was wrong to vote off Tyson, I think the threat of him hooking up with Rob and Parv is bigger than Tony wanting to keep him around as a shield.

Edit: lol poor Peridiam, third pick didn't age well.

Though I guess he could be back from EOE haha.

Red_V2

Oct 25, 2017
Tyson giving Nick the fire token was a cool decision. This season has been super solid so far.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Man, if you had told me at the start of this season that Tyson and Ethan would be voted out before a swap and that Rob, Sandra and Tony wouldn't even have any votes cast against them yet... I'd have said you were crazy.

It's insane, really.

The producers must be thrilled that those three + Parv are still in the game.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
We haven't brought it up yet but Tyson on the Edge is going to give Nat some legit competition for adding to her bounty of fire tokens and the return challenge itself. She can at least bank one advantage in that challenge and still have an idol to her name for a theoretical return... but more on top of that couldn't hurt.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
We haven't brought it up yet but Tyson on the Edge is going to give Nat some legit competition for adding to her bounty of fire tokens and the return challenge itself. She can at least bank one advantage in that challenge and still have an idol to her name for a theoretical return... but more on top of that couldn't hurt.

If there's going to be more than one returnee (which I've been assuming), the first one will probably happen after the first merge boot, or so, I'd imagine, which favors Natalie.

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Really cool moment at the start with Ethan and the girls. This season is the best ever.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Stream of conscious watching/posting:

Well that was the best thing to come from Edge since conception, still seems absurd to waste almost 10 minutes on it.

I'm seriously stanning Michelle/Jeremy so hard this season.

I feel like the "Adam is already scheming lie" and how much they believe it is a little overblown. I just can't see them all commenting on Adam doing everything he can to get back in the good graces of everyone but then do the one thing that would get back to them the quickest and easiest.

Seriously, how long until someone notices the fire tokens in the immunity idol?

Is Adam about to singlehandedly keep Sele in this challenge?! About time for Rob to redeem himself. Damn. Adam looks GASSED. Uh-oh an Adam Mom mention, I can already hear people blowing a gasket.

I like that this vote could completely hinge on Sandra. In her position I think I lean more toward Tyson going. Tyson is a big target to keep in the way but he is also a big advocate and voice to target Sandra specifically and the less people saying your name around camp the better.

Random Kim vote?
Tyson Nooooooooo! Giving the fire token to Nick? Wow.

Swap!

At the same time though, I could see Tyson seeing that challenge on this episode and just saying "No".

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Sandra is getting a shit ton of hate on facebook and twitter because of sitting out on comps and voting out Tyson. People are stupid.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Why did they pick shorter tribe members for the key grabbing segment?

I was thinking it was less of a height issue and more of a difference in approach. Dakal all seemed to take a running leap on the plank where Sele all sort of stepped to the very end and stand there for a minute and then barely jump. Height probably didn't help, but they also seemed to not approach it very well.

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking it was less of a height issue and more of a difference in approach. Dakal all seemed to take a running leap on the plank where Sele all sort of stepped to the very end and stand there for a minute and then barely jump. Height probably didn't help, but they also seemed to not approach it very well.

That too, but height would have helped, no reason not to have the tallest people up there unless they are scared of jumping

Draconian

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Ethan was the only thing good about another mind numbingly boring EoE challenge. The lack of creativity on these has been really disappointing, and the first half of each episode feels like we're just treading water now. Nice to seem Rob redeem himself on the puzzle this time after blowing it twice in a row.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
We got more time with Edge of Extinction last night than we did post challenge Dakal time. We got more time spent on people not in the game going up a hill back and forth 20 times than we did 9 winners strategizing on who to send home....

This is ridiculous.

Extinction: 8:59
Dakal after comp and before Tribal: 4:21
Tribal council minus votes being read: 6:12

Combined it just barely beats out the time spent on extinction, actual camp time spent before tribal is less than half the time spent.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
We got more time with Edge of Extinction last night than we did post challenge Dakal time. We got more time spent on people not in the game going up a hill back and forth 20 times than we did 9 winners strategizing on who to send home....

This is ridiculous.

Combined it just barely beats out the time spent on extinction, actual camp time spent before tribal is less than half the time spent.

Yeah the edge sucks. This was the best segment we've had from it, and it still felt like a waste of time. It was a nice moment, but we didn't need to spend nearly a quarter of the episode's run time on it. The edge just does not work on a 40 something minute episode. Put that shit on cbs all access or youtube. This of all seasons is one were we want to see more of the gameplay.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON

This is ridiculous.

Jeff's fixation on things that are inherently "not Survivor" - i.e. people pushing themselves to climb a mountain instead of the social game - are going to derail this franchise eventually.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Jeff's fixation on things that are inherently "not Survivor" - i.e. people pushing themselves to climb a mountain instead of the social game - are going to derail this franchise eventually.

That this happens and that, until backlash, they were thinking about Edge being a standard survivor aspect really disheartens me toward the series moving forward.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
The only bad thing about the Edge is all the people complaining about the Edge. It's fine. There have been 38 full seasons of this show without this component, and only two with it. It'll probably never come back after this. Stop with the whining, holy cow.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
The only bad thing about the Edge is all the people complaining about the Edge. It's fine. There have been 38 full seasons of this show without this component, and only two with it. It'll probably never come back after this. Stop with the whining, holy cow.
The reason it probably won't come back is because of the whining though. If you don't like the direction the series is taking it behooves you to complain. It gets results, annoying or not.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017

The reason people wine about it is it's been a complete train wreck the one time we saw it to completion and this time around it's just getting in the way of what should be a really good season with 20 players that everyone wants to watch actually play. Instead of getting these winners playing the game we get 10 minutes of walking and talking about how it's the hardest thing of their life.

I'd rather these people go to ponderosa and have a chance to come back and not see them than getting this.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
My take on the Edge = No Reem, No Sale!

It probably isn't helping matters that they put all of this emphasis on the new currency and literally nothing has been purchased with it through 4 episodes.

Draconian

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

The criticism is deserved. We spent almost half of this past episode on a snoozefest of a challenge. For the concept to work, the challenges have to be fun to watch. But what did we get last night? Climb up and bring 20 pieces of wood back down one at a time. I don't think it's asking too much that they come up with something more interesting for these people to do than what amounts to mindless drudgery.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's on the CBS site, at least most of the votes I think. There's been a lot of secret scenes and stuff on the site this season. AGAIN because so much time is waisted on Extinction.
Unfortunately all that stuff is region locked for me, even their youtube channel lol :/

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately all that stuff is region locked for me, even their youtube channel lol :/

Votes were:
Yul - Tyson
Kim - Tyson
Wendel - Tyson
Tyson - Nick
Sophie - Tyson
Sandra - Tyson
Tony - Tyson
Nick - Kim
Sarah - Tyson

Going thought is Nick knew vote was overwhelming but he didn't want to be the one screwed if Tyson somehow had an idol so he through the sole vote on Kim.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Votes were:
Yul - Tyson
Kim - Tyson
Wendel - Tyson
Tyson - Nick
Sophie - Tyson
Sandra - Tyson
Tony - Tyson
Nick - Kim
Sarah - Tyson

Going thought is Nick knew vote was overwhelming but he didn't want to be the one screwed if Tyson somehow had an idol so he through the sole vote on Kim.
Thanks! Feels like another largely misleading episode.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Votes were:
Yul - Tyson
Kim - Tyson
Wendel - Tyson
Tyson - Nick
Sophie - Tyson
Sandra - Tyson
Tony - Tyson
Nick - Kim
Sarah - Tyson

Pretty much. It was a standard self-preservation play. Very easy to follow.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Apparently Sandra is getting a shit ton of hate on facebook and twitter because of sitting out on comps and voting out Tyson. People are stupid.
Why are they besmirching the Sandra bench? She'd be a physical liability for her team in those comps' and she's simply being a team player by acknowledging this fact.

I believe she's now tied Courtney's lifetime "challenge sit out" record so it'll be hers alone after one more sit out (probably isn't happening next week due to the swap unless we're sticking with 2 tribes with uneven numbers).

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Why are they besmirching the Sandra bench? She'd be a physical liability for her team in those comps' and she's simply being a team player by acknowledging this fact.

I believe she's now tied Courtney's lifetime "challenge sit out" record so it'll be hers alone after one more sit out (probably isn't happening next week due to the swap unless we're sticking with 2 tribes with uneven numbers).

I liked RHAP's idea of two tribes and bring one person back from Extinction now for even tribes. Then you can have one back now and one at merge and hopefully that's it.

Thought it might actually fit since it looked like they were meeting on the same little island the season started on.