• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
31 and 33 are definitely the best two i've seen so far. Can't believe i've watched 8 seasons of this show in 16 days but it's just that good!

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
The greatest season of all time is 20 by far, however you almost need to watch 7, 8, 13, 15, 16, 18 and 19 to get the most out of it.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Spent all day watching what i thought was season 1 and thinking "Australia is a weird location", turns out i was watching season 2! Now i'm FINALLY I'm starting season 1 lol

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Spent all day watching what i thought was season 1 and thinking "Australia is a weird location", turns out i was watching season 2! Now i'm FINALLY I'm starting season 1 lol
While they were epic cultural watershed moments in their day, be warned that some of the earlier seasons don't hold up all that well, particularly if you're a fan of high-level strategy and complicated blindsides. The first 6 seasons are very much survival-themed, producing some really deeply emotional character and gameplay moments. It's really a different show in almost every way. 7-12 is when strong strategic-social gameplay starts to ramp up significantly.

Then it starts to go nuts around seasons 13-16 (your mileage may vary).

Personally I love Cook Islands. One of its biggest flaws is it was the first 20-player cast and at least 3 castaways were almost entirely invisible until they were being namedropped as elimination targets

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love season 1-4 quite a bit still. It's a different beast, but it's one I wish we still had as well. The human drama is just so different from what we get today. I will never not love S1.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
These page one posts have aged like a fine wine. :)

-----------

Just a reminder to everyone playing fantasy.. take a moment to redraft. You will get points if you have the EOE returnee as active.

Oh gosh I dropped off a few episodes in after his grueling performances and not really being into the other members. I need to catch up ;_;

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Sick at home today so I figured why not throw an older season on and binge some.

I don't remember watching S13 when it aired but I probably did. Kinda refreshing to not have people running wild for idols day 1 >_<

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Sick at home today so I figured why not throw an older season on and binge some.

I don't remember watching S13 when it aired but I probably did. Kinda refreshing to not have people running wild for idols day 1 >_<

Do you remember the "race war" season being a thing at all? Still probably the most controversial thing the show has done to date.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I watched it for the first time a couple years ago and still can't believe they did it.
Ya it's been kinda cringe so far. I mean I remember three of these players but none beyond that.

The school yard pick with men and women for the merger to two tribes was cool tho.

Edit: bah forgot they started with dumb hidden idol rules, being able to play it after votes all the way to final five? OP

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We're less than a day away from the finale now. Who does everyone think is going to win this thing?

I'm guessing Lauren. Total shot in the dark. Am going with the "modern Survivor still has no idea what to do with female winners" theory, and that explains why she would disappear at random points in the season. I could squint my eyes and see a Gavin win too, as bland as he is.

It's weird how you basically have to talk yourself into one of the other players besides Rick, at this point.

Ya it's been kinda cringe so far. I mean I remember three of these players but none beyond that.

If I recall, a couple of Survivor's sponsors either pulled out or threatened to pull out after hearing the theme. Everyone was super nervous about the season, especially the producers. There are a decent number of conspiracy theories about that one.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still expecting Rick to get it, if not Rick than either Victoria or Lauren. I'm not expecting the EoE returnee to win.

I'll be surprised if Rick doesn't get it. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
If I recall, a couple of Survivor's sponsors either pulled out or threatened to pull out after hearing the theme. Everyone was super nervous about the season, especially the producers. There are a decent number of conspiracy theories about that one.
I think the most famous one is that Probst was hoping it would get the show cancelled and he could stop being the host.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys! Every season finale I make Survivor Bingo cards since Gordon Holmes stopped doing so a few years back. I think this season's turned out pretty well.

I've included a version of the link where you can print out randomized sheets, and it even has a link to play digitally on your phone!

Let me know what you all think!

https://tinyurl.com/eoefinale

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Still expecting Rick to get it, if not Rick than either Victoria or Lauren. I'm not expecting the EoE returnee to win.

I'll be surprised if Rick doesn't get it. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Me too. And I'd like to think Lauren deserves it most out of those remaining. She was in a bum alliance, survived it, and then ingratiated herself with a new alliance. That's hardly a game-winning move right there, but we've had worse winners and might have a worse winner here.

I like Rick a lot and think he's great entertainment. I'd love to see him play again. But I don't think he's really earned a win here -- he just found idol after immunity after idol when he otherwise would have been voted out. In the meantime, everyone else just plays as if he's not there at all and votes out whomever else they want.

That said, I think Victoria will win and I really don't see how she deserves it at all. Maybe she really does, but the edit just hasn't shown that.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Was Chris the one complaining about being blindsided but blindsided people prior to his elimination?

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when we were like "man this season was created so that Joe would win it" and now here we are at the finale and Joe has maybe talked 7 times.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Joe it is incredibly difficult for someone as dumb as you to win this game. You've played what about three times now? And every time it ends up the exact same way.