admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Man season 2 was solo good. But I don't think I've seen an episode since season 3 or 4
You need to watch up to operation p.r.o.m at least. Apparently the creators originally thought that was the end of the series and it's a perfect ending for the show (although the following seasons are also excellent and worth watching).

Actually rereading your post you may have already seen it.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know this was still going on. Only 7 seasons after all this time??

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018

Welp, that basically confirms it for me. I expect a formal-ish announcement somewhat soon. Hoping they can conclude it in some way, I'm even desperate enough to take it in the form of those ambiguously "canon" comic book followups.

I didn't know this was still going on. Only 7 seasons after all this time??

Yeeeah a big part of it has to do with how long the animation process takes, the specific style they use in the show is apparently even more time consuming to animate than a lot of other shows. Although the creators seem to take it a bit slow in general. Overall the long waits between seasons are really made up for in quality.

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
I love Venture Bros but with the mandatory hand animation and schedule its a miracle it lasted this long. A miracles miracle considering its Adult Swim.

Last edited:

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I didn't even know it came back on. Guess I got a lot of catching up to do. It didn't even have an OT here despite season 7 airing in 2018 and this forum started in 2017.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I have to ask, what is even on adult swim at this point? Outside of anime on Saturday night I have not watched an adult swim block of shows in probably damn near a decade.

Bob's Burgers, American Dad, Family Guy, Rick and Morty mainly. 15 minute shows like Aqua Teen, Squidbillies, Robot Chicken on rotation.

Whowasphone

Sep 21, 2019
This sucks... Venture bros was my absolute favorite animated comedy series.. it's like the berserk of comedy.(also long hiatuses but always with the wait)
And now cancelled on a cliffhanger 😭

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I was staying optimistic so far but I officially hate everything.

Please someone, Netflix, anyone, save it.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping this is some kind of a prank.

I have to ask, what is even on adult swim at this point? Outside of anime on Saturday night I have not watched an adult swim block of shows in probably damn near a decade.

They have still been putting out great shows, but they are few and far between.

Joe Pera, Your pretty face is going to hell, dream corp, I love David, Eric Andre (supposedly another season), that freaky stop motion show in forgot the name of.

Oct 27, 2017
2020!!!!

Venture Bros dies while everything Tim and Eric shits out lives free? What justice is that?

It's shit like this why I don't watch AS barely anymore. Heaven help the Shenmue series and the rumored Scott Pilgrim one as well.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping this is some kind of a prank.

They have still been putting out great shows, but they are few and far between.

Joe Pera, Your pretty face is going to hell, dream corp, I love David, Eric Andre (supposedly another season), that freaky stop motion show in forgot the name of.
Primal too which just got renewed for another season. AS still puts out good shows

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This is the worst possible news. Really hope they manage to get some episodes out to at least close off some running story threads, but damn.. such a bummer...

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
I have to hope this isn't true or that someone else can step in and save them. Venture Bros is the best damn show on TV and to lose it at this stage would be awful, especially after AS has had their backs for so long now.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
An absolute treasure of a show that was so much better than it ever had any right to be being a Jonny Quest spoof.

Some of my favorite moments in TV, like this:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly stopped watching after season 2. The time between season's was insane and the show went off the rails.

I'd honestly say it's one of the best shows in the last 25 years. I'd put up there with stuff like The Wire and other of the all time greats. The entire show is worth a watch, very few things come close.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would be a shame if it doesn't at least get to finish up Season 8. Feels like the show's always been on borrowed time but it deserves a proper sendoff.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I loved The Venture Bros., but they had a worse production schedule than Rick and Morty. I mean, I was watching when The Monarch made a LiveJournal reference, and it was relevant. I don't even remember if I caught the last season.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Took so long between season I actually thought it was already canceled years ago.

Great show, though.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Between the prolonged production cycle and eh viewership, this is not too much of a surprise. Adult Swim probably gets similar ratings on much cheaper shows.

still sucks though

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
2020!!!!

Venture Bros dies while everything Tim and Eric shits out lives free? What justice is that?

It's shit like this why I don't watch AS barely anymore. Heaven help the Shenmue series and the rumored Scott Pilgrim one as well.
I mean even if you hate Tim and Eric it pretty much seems like they're the masters of making low costing shows to the point that you can probably give them a budget and they will tell you what they can do with it. I don't think it was really a situation where Tim and Eric are sucking up all the air or anything.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Sad, if true. As much as I always wanted more of it more quickly, the years between seasons made it feel all the more special when some new episodes finally did come. It'll rank high among my favorite shows of all time. Hopefully we at least get some episodes to wrap it up a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
Show is good and all, but come on guys with the rate they were releasing content this could have silently happened years ago and nobody would have known.

The Iron Yuppie

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised that a new management team would be unwilling to let production to take years at a time. It was ridiculous that anyone ever did.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised that a new management team would be unwilling to let production to take years at a time. It was ridiculous that anyone ever did.
God forbid we let creative people have the time to create their work. Everyone should be a content factory & churn out content at a brisk pace, working 14+ hour days for shit pay.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
It might actually be cheaper to use high end CG instead of hand animating, which is probably how we got Final Space.