krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
What were the games where the devs complained and tried to publicly shame Microsoft by saying "buy this game on PS3 if you have both. We have to compress the art assets on 360 to the point they look like shit. Microsoft charges so much extra per disk, we can't afford to put it on more than 2".

I think Rage was one. Was there any others?

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
All the diesel engine games like bionic commando rearmed and wanted because the engine favors Nvidia GPU. I think shadow of the damned has higher AF but missing motion blur, some may consider that an improvement.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, barely any games during the 360/PS3 era "performed great". The best you usually could hope for was a locked 30, but most games failed to keep a consistent 30. By far the worst generation for performance.

No wonder we saw many remasters or remakes of those games later cus they didn't deliver their full potentials on those platforms.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
To be fair, barely any games during the 360/PS3 era "performed great". The best you usually could hope for was a locked 30, but most games failed to keep a consistent 30. By far the worst generation for performance.
I wonder if many devs wish they could go back to that era and, knowing what they know now, re-prioritize performance over visuals or just implement better optimization techniques.

In many cases they were just fighting difficult hardware or were told to push visuals as much as they could while not making the game completely unplayable, in a time of HD transition where the hardware was just about capable of keeping up.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017

Possibly the worst generation overall for performance taken as a whole. But within a generation N64 took the actual piss with the performance of much of its library. It's shocking to look back on and think it was just accepted for major games to just be running like that.

DRULYBXA

Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3 just because it came on a single disc...;)

18mfgm84j37gmjpg.jpg