Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Releases on July 16th for PC, XB1 and PS4. Not coming to Switch yet but in the below FAQ there's an email you can send your purchase info to for a DRM free copy of the game on PC.

Release FAQ:
https://superhotgame.com/mcd-faq/

Who is eligible for a free copy of SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE?
You're eligible for a free copy of MCD if you purchased SUPERHOT before the 16th of July 2020 for Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, Epic Games Store, Origin, or GOG. This does not extend to major free giveaways like Twitch Prime, Games With Gold, and similar.

Basically, if you purchased SUPERHOT for one of the supported platforms and paid money for it at any time before the 16th of July 2020, then you're probably a fantastic human being and you're eligible for a free copy of SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE. How you acquire your free copy varies from platform to platform – see details below.

Metacritic

culturedvultures 9/10
SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE takes the bullet time brilliance of its predecessor and adds many new toys to its violent chessboard to even more thrilling effect.

PC Gamer82/100
A fantastic return to Superhot's slick shootouts, at the expense of the original's deft pacing.

Dualshockers 8.5/10
It's a game that will have you striving to get through the levels to unlock more hacks and cores, but the endless mode is where it really lets you go to town on everything you've unlocked. If you were a fan of the original, you'll be right at home in Superhot: Mind Control Delete.

Wccftech 6.5/10
SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE is an engaging, albeit shallow experience. The combat is outstanding and still one of the best you can experience, only enhanced by the new abilities featured in this standalone. However, where the combat has improved, the taut and well-thought-out nature of the levels is lost due to the roguelike nature of the game, with the thought and surprise of the originals story lost in what is mostly meandering waffle here. Is it a good game? Yes, it's well worth playing if you just want the combat. If you want more, you'll likely be disappointed.

Hardcore Gamer 4/5
More than four years on, SUPERHOT remains as instantly recognizable and immensely appealing a gameplay concept as it ever was on day one. MIND CONTROL DELETE may feel more like a continuation of a good run, rather than a full expanding upon the foundation, but that doesn't mean that what new features it does offer up fail in helping to bolster what still remains a fun and ingenious interpretation of first-person shooting and puzzle-solving fused together. While it's easy to pick out the over-reliance on repeated environments, as much the disappointing lack of committing to the subversive elements of previous, there are just as many — if not more — new additions brought into the fold, that ultimately, rightfully, claim most of the attention. A familiar reflection of what the base game managed it may be, a slew of new threats, devious twists and further reinforcing of smart tactics to compensate for such unpredictability result in MIND CONTROL DELETE ending up a great addition to the SUPERHOT experience.

Stevivor 8/10
These slight changes improve upon an already unbelievable base, stylised and polished. Borrowing again from Stuart, "Superhot oozes slick graphical touches, the bare colour pallette, the way levels tear apart upon failure, the phosphor glow of the ASCII interface and the way enemies shatter upon impact with swords and bullets." If you've played Superhot, you get Mind Control Delete for free; it's a no brainer.

GameWatcher 8/10
Superhot: Mind Control Delete's focus on improvisation and rogue-lite elements excellently complement its "time moves only when you move" core gameplay loop and distinctive aesthetic, making it a first-person shooter that fans of the genre shouldn't miss.

Twinfinite 4.5
SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete feels like the full-length vision of the concept that was the original game. With more abilities, enemy types, levels, and lore, this is one of the easiest games to recommend for fans of the original.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
SUPER

I finished the VR Superhot but never the original. I need to finish the original and get to this!

The Azn One

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
So no go for Superhot VR buyers? I own the VR version but not the regular one.

Edit: Confirmed for base game only. VR users are out of this deal.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The roguelike-ish campaign is an interesting twist. There's various issues with it towards endgame in particular, but especially for free you really can not go wrong honestly.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
I have a physical copy of SUPERHOT VR for PS4 - so I guess that's two strikes against me getting this for free, not the original version and not in a digital platform.
But giving it for free for so many people is
SUPER
HOT
of them

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
The VR version is awesome, no doubt, but the original pancake SUPERHOT rules too, so I'm hyped for this. I didn't even know this was scheduled for release, and now I get it for free? Nice!

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So... it's a full new game but it's freeif you already own the first one? Weird way to go but I'm not gonna complain.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Well, I found the first one to be pretty damn repetitive and basically a puzzle game but free is free

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
So basically I've spent probably way more money on SH than the average user and yet I'm not getting on this offer. Cool, thanks 😂

Bought full price on Oculus Quest and Nintendo Switch, plus I have the Xbox One GWG release.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Do people realize that Superhot and Superhot VR are completely different games? It's not like you can just take this pack and throw it into VR. Though I would really, really love new VR levels, maybe they can work on that next.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
I still haven't finished the original on the PS4 but excited there is more content coming.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I played the Alpha in the beginning and it was pretty fun but it got old for me quickly because, just like many reviews said, there's no actual level design. I'll jump back and see everything they have added (there was only 1 special ability in the beginning).

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty interesting I really liked the original did all the challenge modes too.

Konosuke

Oct 29, 2017
If true, then the curvature reminds me of the Boomerang.
ps3-concept-boomerang-controller-2005.jpg

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I don't understand why are PS4 and XB1 players receiving this automatically on their platform but PC players need to send receipt for a DRM free version of the game... I have the game on Steam, but i am not even sure where exactly i bought the game from. I won't even bother with this to get a DRM free version of the sequel. Was it so hard to add the game for the players that own the original on their platform??

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why are PS4 and XB1 players receiving this automatically on their platform but PC players need to send receipt for a DRM free version of the game... I have the game on Steam, but i am not even sure where exactly i bought the game from. I won't even bother with this to get a DRM free version of the sequel. Was it so hard to add the game for the players that own the original on their platform??
? Reads to me like you get a Steam copy if you already bought SH on Steam before the cutoff date?

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Does anyone know what happened with Superhot Jp (was there ever an official name)? Is this the final version of that announcement, or was it something completely different?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Loved this game when I played it on Stadia...hopefully it will eventually make it there as well

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
How can I redeem my free copy if I purchased SUPERHOT on Steam?
A free copy of MIND CONTROL DELETE will be added automatically to your library immediately after the release, ready to download and enjoy. It won't hurt to go and wishlist it while you wait though: link.

How can I redeem my free copy if I purchased SUPERHOT as a Steam Key (on Humble, or any other third party storefront)?
A free copy of MIND CONTROL DELETE will be added automatically to your Steam library immediately after the release, ready to download and enjoy. No need to do anything on the storefront you used for your original purchase. It won't hurt to go and wishlist it while you wait though: link.
You only need to do the email receipt thing if you bought Superhot on a platform where MCD isn't releasing (Nintendo Switch, itch.io, Windows Store) or on Origin (where apparently it is that hard to just add the game). No matter if you bought it on Steam directly or bought a Steam key elsewhere, MCD is just gonna appear in your library

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
? Reads to me like you get a Steam copy if you already bought SH on Steam before the cutoff date?
I was reading this article on GI and Steam wasn't mentioned:

Those who purchased the original Superhot (or buy it prior to July 16), can get Superhot: Mind Control Delete for free. Those who purchased it on PS4 will find Mind Control Delete automatically added to their games library at launch. Those who bought it on Xbox One should be on the lookout for a system message around Mind Control Delete's launch with a voucher for the new title. If you purchased the game on any other platform, you can email your receipt to [email protected] to receive a DRM-free copy of Mind Control Delete for PC, Mac, or Linux. It's important to note that this offer only applies to those who purchase the game (giveaways or vouchers do not count) prior to July 16, so if you want to take advantage of the deal, you need to buy the original Superhot on your platform of choice before then.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/0...ing-next-week-free-if-you-bought-the-original

So i don't really know, i am confused.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I was reading this article on GI and Steam wasn't mentioned:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/0...ing-next-week-free-if-you-bought-the-original

So i don't really know, i am confused.
superhotgame.com

SUPERHOT

It's just you, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing the weapons of fallen enemies to shoot, slice, and maneuver through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets.

Look here. If you have it in steam, gog or epic, you just have mcd when it comes out.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
hmm have the flat version on PC and the VR version on ps4