HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Wait have they cut down Super Soakers? I just checked Nerf's site and they all seem so...puny to what I used to have.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone I knew growing up in the 90's had one of these:

Vintage-1990s-Larami-Super-Soaker-100-Yellow-and.jpg
This thing is iconic. So many great memories.

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
i had this bad boy, it was so heavy i could barely hold it when it was full.

cps-1500-3.jpg

Same- sported this bad boy too, in the summer of 1998 (why would anyone switch the nozzle to 5x, 10x or bust). Accidentally reserved the last one in Woolworths (even though I told the lady on the phone I didn't want to) and grabbed that sucker for £10 with a voucher. Remember my friends and I being lined up all along our garden fence raining hellfire down on the neighbours. Sister had the 1000, powerful devices but emptied the tank pretty darn fast.

OP
OP
Metal Slugger

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
Itching to pick this one up (friend told me about it--I think it's newish?)

That's the fucking SOAKZOOKA, it's the beefiest nonpressurized one you can get currently. It's super fun and cheap at TRU if there's one by you.

Yes the pump ones have weaker shots but they make up for it in capacity and fire rated. My Floodinator can fire a shot like every half second and the tank lasts for a long-ass time. A lot of them are buttcheeks though.

If you want a modern pressurized soaker get one of the Water Warriors ones by Buzz Bee Toys off of Amazon. BBT was formed by ex-Laramie employees after Hasbro laid them off. They're more cheaply made and not quite as good as OG Super Soakers due to patent issues but they're super cheap and get the job done. The Colossus 2 is only $13 on Amazon right now. If you want an official modern pressurized SS get a Squall Surge, more expensive though.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Man there was an arm's race with my friends with those things! First there was the 50... then another kid got the 100 and he was a badass. Then the 200 and THAT kid was the badass.

I ended up splurging my puny allowence on the backpack one...but truth be told: the rubber hose connecting the back pack to the pistol would warp easily and wouldn't work anymore. I went through like 3 of them before giving up and getting a 100 or 200... I don't remember which.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super soakers were banned in my house, my dad was gone for work often so my mom didn't want me and my brother shooting my little sister/her with it and not having dad around to play with us at least. So I never owned one. But... somehow she relented and let us have one on the condition that it cannot be brought into the house.

We got it, had fun and the next day filled it with cherry koolaid and shot my mom with it in the house. Never again was a super soaker allowed in our home.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Super soakers were banned in my house, my dad was gone for work often so my mom didn't want me and my brother shooting my little sister/her with it and not having dad around to play with us at least. So I never owned one. But... somehow she relented and let us have one on the condition that it cannot be brought into the house.

We got it, had fun and the next day filled it with cherry koolaid and shot my mom with it in the house. Never again was a super soaker allowed in our home.

Lmao, why'd you go poke the tiger.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, why'd you go poke the tiger.
we were wild me and my brother. I feel so bad for my mom sometimes having to deal with us. We would get bored at home a lot and like dogs do when they aren't exercised we would just cause mischief. Like once my mom came home from work and we had painted the whole outside of the house with mud and eggs

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Do kids these days appreciate a simple gift like a super soaker? My nieces and nephews get so many presents that I doubt it even registers. Truly were the good old days..

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I loved the original line, but I think the later, space age ones are ugly and even the current ones don't seem as fun when I get them for the kids as I remember. Most of the new ones don't even use a trigger.

Now regular Nerf guns on the other hand, are way better now than when I was a kid.

I also liked the older battery operated water guns that looked like actual guns. Then that kid got killed or whatever and they made them in bright colors but the same designs. It was really messed up, too, because otherwise I would have had no idea what an AK-47 was (I remember having that and the Uzi).

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
Watch me hit that robo cop then yulllllllle!

I miss water guns =( we got a new one each summer

Oct 25, 2017
Nice throwback thread,

I had these three

super_soaker_xp110.jpg

The XP 110 felt really cheap and it leaked water from the grip.

super_soaker_xp220.jpg

I adored the XP 220, it was really handy, but it couldn't hold much water.

super_soaker_cps1000.jpg

The CPS 1000 was the favourite of my Super Soakers, it felt really good and could hold a lot of water.
But it was really heavy for me, when it was full of water

And my bigger brother had this beast:

super_soaker_cps3000.jpg

He only let me use it one or two times, but holy shit this was so cool for me as a kid.

Last edited:

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I find it amusing you can tell someone's age roughly on the super soaker they owned. Anyone that didn't own a 50/100 can get off my lawn.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The 50 is the AK-47 of Super Soakers. Impossible to break, easy enough for almost anyone to use.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
we were wild me and my brother. I feel so bad for my mom sometimes having to deal with us. We would get bored at home a lot and like dogs do when they aren't exercised we would just cause mischief. Like once my mom came home from work and we had painted the whole outside of the house with mud and eggs

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had a 110, 2000 and 1000 growing up. It really is too bad about what's happened to Larami.

OP
OP
Metal Slugger

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
Fuck yeah, found a Max-D 3000 today at the thrift store. One of the small ones but it still works. My kids had never seen a real pressure soaker before today and were thrilled.

Man, this fucking FB Marketplace deal for some big boys better respond.

OP
OP
Metal Slugger

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
Sorry to be lame and bump my own thread but I had a couple of great pickups today: an XP 110 NOS (works fucking awesome and the packaging was a total nostalgia bomb) and THE FUCKING MACK DADDY CPS 2000 MK 1 for $45 shipped. It's a parts gun since it doesn't fire currently but the body is in great shape and I'm pretty confident that I can get it working through repairs. God damn I cannot wait.

It was so funny and cool to watch my daughters running around blasting each other with an old-school SS.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
They used to be (since I'm older now). I remember using friends', because I never had a good one -- just something cheap. Some friends had some really great ones back in the 90s.

I fondly remember having a pretty epic waterfight with my mom and a family friend while at our trailer.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I was big into Super Soakers for a Summer or two. My favorite memory was having a battle in the backyard in the pitch darkness of the night, with only the deck lights on.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017