Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
If you're having trouble with unlock fights and have K Rool (his unlock fight is kinda easy), he can cheese all the hardest fights. Dedede and cloud whipped my ass before but were very easy with K Rool

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just thought I'd PSA that this game has ~6 frames of lag if you're using the Gamecube controller. It's the laggiest Smash yet and 2 frames laggier than Melee. Conditions get worse with the Joycons, and even worse with the Pro Controller.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
It means nothing, but just a Reminder, Mara made a stealth appearance during a Nintendo presentation.

Just sayin'...
Yeah, hidden in the background and people didn't noticed till afterwards.

In Smash they'll be front in center. Mara is never gonna happen as a spirit. They won't pick some that expose too much skin, unless they alter them like Mythra and Camilla.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't be suckered into thinking matchup numbers matter at your (our) level

This game (atm) is mostly a player vs player matchup

Outbrain and outplay your opponent to win. If you fall into the trap of thinking your character is holding you back in X matchup, you're done.
True, I'm watching VGBC's stream right now and Wadi brought out K Rool to take on Fox and held on for way longer than you would have expected. That belly armor really helps alleviate the issues heavy characters typically have with fast characters. If he hadn't lost momentum in that set he might have been able to take it

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Mr. Sakurai, excuse me but...

8GZOeHX.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK!???

Ahem, don't let my tone imply otherwise, this goddamn rules
Yeah. The E3 trailer showed they gave her muscles.

Guess it meant Abs as well. Also I'm guessing you added the border in the Video edit lol

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
Yeah, hidden in the background and people didn't noticed till afterwards.

In Smash they'll be front in center. Mara is never gonna happen as a spirit. They won't pick some that expose too much skin, unless they alter them like Mythra and Camilla.
I have to say though, it would be fun to see how a professional would censor Mara if they were given that task, and told to "make it work".

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I've relinquished the thought that I'll ever complete Classic Mode on 9.9 difficulty. 7.6 is the highest I got, using Samus, and I just lose halfway through forfeiting it altogether or dying by the boss.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they say there was a way to change the main menu music? I've been looking for ages now and can't figure it out...

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
My 4 year old just out of nowhere asked me to play as Freakadactyl (Ridley). From now on I'm calling him Freakadactyl.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
WoL is so addicting. It's even fun to be weaker on purpose so you get more rewards/challenge.

Wish more fighting games had this much compelling singleplayer content in them.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Can Mac even do anything in the K. Rool match up? K. Rool I shut a Mac player down hard and couldn't see anything he could have done about it. And I just started playing K. Rool.

It sounds like there going to need his armor to crack easier, I've never seen it happen and I've been playing and fighting him for over 100 matches.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I'd hate WoL. I thought I'd miss trophies. I can't stop from Spirits Mode. WoL and Spirits Boards have made me lose sleep. I can't stop playing Smash.

I don't know if it's true, but my experience unlocking challengers sometimes depends on how high of an intensity I finish Classic Mode. I feel the more I finish a classic run closer to 9, the more impossible it is to defeat an challenger incoming. It's usually easier for the rematch.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Their specials are awkward for me, but otherwise they feel fine, fluid with their movement.

Richter I'll need to practice with. Coming from Toon Link I miss the speed and control of his projectiles, and feeling more capable up close.

The belmonts projectiles arent for being aggressive, they are used to force players into desired positions or used based on where they player is forced to go.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Regular Link I've had a hard time using playing him in Classic mode.
I guess I haven't used him a lot since Melee, but the changes they've made to him in this game (and/or past games) have been weird to adjust to.

His BOTW remote detonated bomb has been REALLY hard for me to use well, and it felt like I pretty much had to use that to win his boss fight against Ganon (since you have to hit his tail and it's hard as hell to get behind him as Link).

Other than that he just feels way different overall than I would have expected. Maybe it's juat the length of time it's been since playing him last (and the last time was on 3DS which wasn't exactly ideal).

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I think I hate World of Light. It's a boring slog and the matches are either laughably easy, the challenge is easily removed by a spirit, or are challenging because of unfair design.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, I unlocked K. Rool in his Challenger fight and didn't take any damage at all.

Get fucked, and get ready to fester at the bottom of my player percentage chart.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I hate World of Light. It's a boring slog and the matches are either laughably easy, the challenge is easily removed by a spirit, or are challenging because of unfair design.
Yeah it's a real chore.

I don't see how it's "meaningful content" either. It's normal matches , maybe with some ever-so-slight modifiers, on a hand drawn overworld. There aren't even cutscenes or anything. This is the big single player mode?

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Can Mac even do anything in the K. Rool match up? K. Rool I shut a Mac player down hard and couldn't see anything he could have done about it. And I just started playing K. Rool.

K Rool's the first character I've enjoyed playing as where I've thought "holy shit, this dude's OP" the whole time. He's the only heavy in the game designed with no real flaws. They just gave him super armor on every attack that would traditionally be bad. Like, he might not be the best in the game. But he's definitely going to be near the top, and he's probably the easiest to play of the characters that will likely be good.

Meanwhile, Incineroar you can just tell sucks right off the bat. Dude's almost as slow as Ganon and has some of the worst recovery in the game. It's a shame cause he's pretty damn fun, but opponents pretty quickly realize all of his approach options are slow and that he can be gimped very easily.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
First question - does anyone have a final tally for the songs? I don't even need a list, just the number for each series (+ Other). I've been using the big spreadsheet but I don't think it's comprehensive because I have a few songs that aren't listed.

Overall, otherwise, really been loving Ultimate so far. I think I've unlocked ~40% of the characters at this point. I'm intentionally taking it pretty slow, because I like the slow exploration process, getting characters you know and occasionally getting a brand new one. So far I've gotten Inkling (who I can't get the grasp on at all), Simon (who feels dope, I love zoning people out so I'm all over him), and K. Rool (who's very fun even if I'm not a big heavyweight guy - his animations are really energetic). I almost got Isabelle but she kicked my ass, it was crushing. I also missed out on Ryu but I don't really mind.

World of Light is a lot of fun, occasionally frustrating and I'm making an effort not to turn it into a mindless cakewalk, so it's tough to thread the needle there. Classic is perfect though, other than the credits minigame I think it's my favorite incarnation ever. So far I've beaten it on 9.8 with Little Mac... which felt bad.

Oh, and do we have a screenshot thread? Because I'm really loving the in-game screenshot editor this time. Not quite Mario Odyssey calibur but lots of fun.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
World of Light is unbelievably trash.

Somehow they made a worse single player component than prior games, and this has always been a series where the lows were found there.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
World of Light is unbelievably trash.

Somehow they made a worse single player component than prior games, and this has always been a series where the lows were found there.

If they had more objectives than just "kill enemies" and threw in minigames like homerun contest it would help break up the RNG monotony.

Its gonna overstay its welcome long after you fight a single boss. I only just now beat giga bowser in WoL.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Fuck some of these new challengers fights. I specially hated Ridley, Bayonetta and now Cloud.

They just go ape on you. Compared to the world of light unlock fights which are a joke.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Going into Ultimate I had planned on maining K Rool but the obscene amount of end lag with his aerial up attack is giving me second thoughts.

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone who has already beaten World of Light:
Is the World of Dark section just as big and content filled as the first map? I know there's a final map that's supposed to be a decent amount smaller.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finally beat The Boss. All I did was spam down B Kirby near the edge. lol I'm done for now.

45a2c7abceab1cf150d487348c286014c3f883a7_00.gif

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Every online match I play is a slideshow. I have a LAN adapter but it doesn't seem to matter at all. Anything I can do to fix this?

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who has already beaten World of Light:
Is the World of Dark section just as big and content filled as the first map? I know there's a final map that's supposed to be a decent amount smaller.

The World of Dark map itself is smaller and more linear but the dungeons are massive compared to the World of Light ones.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or is the reset unlock trick not consistent? It keeps screwing up for me after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.