Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Don't expect too many new fighters"

"lol jk, here have BANJO KAZOOIE"

That's the weirdest part to me. Phil Spencer has been explicitly talking about how he wanted Banjo & Kazooie in the game which you think he wouldn't if they were, and Microsoft and Nintendo only started getting buddy buddy in the last couple years.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
kQB07hG.png

Saw this in discord

#teamreal

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I sort of disagree. I love Sakurai, and if this leak is real EVERYONE is in debt to him, but they really should've revealed characters on a more consistent basis, and revealed everything in an October direct to stay ahead of leaks. Didn't he even say they planned to announce every character before launch?

The second Sakurai says "this is the last character (in the base roster)", all character discussion turns to DLC.

"Where's Dixie?"
"REX AND PYRA!!!"
"SORA!!!"

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I sort of disagree. I love Sakurai, and if this leak is real EVERYONE is in debt to him, but they really should've revealed characters on a more consistent basis, and revealed everything in an October direct to stay ahead of leaks. Didn't he even say they planned to announce every character before launch?
If he did that what would he reveal in November?

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017

copying from the other thread (which I meant to actually post here...)

but I just can't see someone putting this much effort into something so small on the video (the mural)....though I guess it IS possible. For example Isaac doing the grass spell he does to make grass or including the chorus kids conductor or whoever that character is alongside them, along with all of the sensible character movements like the miis being together....just seems so real.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
#TeamReal I predicted Mach Rider will be the retro pick (Sakurai has been thinking in a moveset that uses a motorcycle since Melee, he first thought in Excitebiker, then I think he evolve the idea with Wario, but still not to the full potential), last but not least Mach Rider is one of the few retros that since its launch appear in all the regions.

Curious, was looking at Mach Rider and it seems he/she is using the motorcycle.

.n_n.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
#TeamReal I predicted Mach Rider will be the retro pick (Sakurai has been thinking in a moveset that uses a motorcycle since Melee, he first thought in Excitebiker, then I think he evolve the idea with Wario, but still not to the full potential), last but not least Mach Rider is one of the few retros that since its launch appear in all the regions.

Curious, was looking at Mach Rider and it seems he/she is using the motorcycle.

.n_n.
I can't see anything on the banner. Too blurry.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless if this is real or fake, revealing the roster with just a month left is extremely risky.

Especially since I'm assuming that they were doing this to combat leaks.

MoonGirard

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
People really think Sakurai would let you hid a whole series off the roster which would happen if Mach Rider was a Falcon echo.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
10 unique fighters, Inklings, Ridley, Simon, K Rool, Isabelle, Geno, Banjo, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Isaac
6 echoes, Daisy, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, Ken, Shadow

16 newcomers, 1 less than base Smash 4 (17)

Although Smash 4 only had 2 echoes, so less "real" newcomers overall.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Question. Was female Mach Rider ever a concept by Nintendo or was it just a fan thing? Because female Mach Rider even as an alt would be amazing.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

but I just can't see someone putting this much effort into something so small on the video (the mural)....though I guess it IS possible. For example Isaac doing the grass spell he does to make grass or including the chorus kids conductor or whoever that character is alongside them, along with all of the sensible character movements like the miis being together....just seems so real.
Again, there were two separate attempts at fake NX hardware, up to and including 3D printing.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
If this doesn't get debunked soon, we'll be heading toward thread 10 today.

Bless this thread for attempting to kill the Vergenofunzone.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

Well Conductor was part of the trophy with Chorus Kids (so people assume that Conductor would be part of Chorus Kids' moveset) This leak is fun but I just fear for people's backlashes if it ended up being a fake.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well Conductor was part of the trophy with Chorus Kids (so people assume that Conductor would be part of Chorus Kids' moveset) This leak is fun but I just fear for people's backlashes if it ended up being a fake.
I don't think anyone really thought of the Conductor. Even the fake Chorus Kids leak a while back just had the little shits themselves.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

I've been pretty strongly defending it but honestly I won't mind if it turns out it's fake. Frankly the ride has been more than worth it with all the Grinch stuff. If it's all mocked up I want whoever made it to come forward and explain what the deal was with all of that.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
10 unique fighters, Inklings, Ridley, Simon, K Rool, Isabelle, Geno, Banjo, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Isaac
6 echoes, Daisy, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, Ken, Shadow

16 newcomers, 1 less than base Smash 4 (17)

Although Smash 4 only had 2 echoes, so less "real" newcomers overall.
Melee
Had

Peach
Bowser
Zelda
Shiek
Ice climbers
Game and watch
Marth
Mewtwo

This has more unique new comers than melee

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017

This is good. I was initially hoping for an Excitebike Rep instead of Mach Rider mainly because I think the overall design is more iconic and the franchise has a bigger history. But this fanart changed my mind and I really like the character. If the leak turns out to be true I'm hoping for this is an alternate costume.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are any people still disappointed with this roster? Because god damn.
I will admit I'm sad that Elma didn't make it in especially since they were looking at recent games but Banjo, Chorus Kids, Issac, and Mach Rider more than make up for it and I'll get Rex and Pyra in DLC anyway and maybe Elma too if Monolith get an X2 out soon.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Excited if the leak is true because we get more new franchises

501574598144426004.png

Chorus Kids, isaac and Mach Rider are all pretty cool

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Status