• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Sakurai was ever intending to include Snake in future games during the development of Smash 4

PushDustIn's video mentions that Konami should've still been receptive to Snake's return during the games' development, and it's not like there's any scrapped files for him

if Snake was intended to come back at any point, I don't know if we would've gotten the Guidances

Valus

Nov 21, 2017
Has Falcon been playable yet? Curious if he has a good jump lunge and if his knee attack is useable like it was in melee.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Has Falcon been playable yet? Curious if he has a good jump lunge and if his knee attack is useable like it was in melee.
no, every demo has been this set of characters
jQXnLas.png

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Predictions on what franchise will get music tonight?
if they want to tie it in to anything, WarioWare would make the most sense? Release a few days ago in half the world, releases in the other half in a few days

the best part is, no matter the song, it will incite all kinds of arguments

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Music prediction for tonight: People will expect a Warioware remix to go with the release of Warioware Gold, so instead they'll surprise us with a Wario Land remix.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
A Sonic track, but it's a Sonic Forces Medley, featuring Fist Bump and Infinite's theme!

And it will be the only new Sonic remix in the game.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Discuss - who in Smash gives the best hugs? Who gives the worst hugs?
Mmmh. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Mega Man. Made of metal, sure, but also a sweetheart child and three laws compliant. He'll put in all the effort he can to hug just the right amount, and he won't be hindered by issues like stubby arms or hygiene problems that characters otherwise more desirable on account of fluffiness/squooshiness might offer.

Although strictly as a huggEE it's obviously Kirby. Poor boy can't put in the effort but he'll accept it alright and it'll be utter perfection.

As far as worst hugger goes, strictly from a physical standpoint it's ROB. Every try to hug a plastic toy with odd edges? I have, it's...unfulfilling. And it's sad because he really deserves a hug too, but the shape just isn't meant for a full-on hug.

Personality wise I wouldn't expect Ridley to try with the hug, though, and that's on top of him being bony and covered in carapace. And possibly trying to rip you to pieces and eat you.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

God, the Wario music in Smash 4 was terrible

It should be against the law to cut Mike's Song

Wario only got 2 new songs and one was a rip and one was, inexplicably, exclusive to the japanese version (which was another remix of ashley's song)
Then cut not just Mike's song (US/JP) but also Mona Pizza (US/JP)

????????????

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of nostalgia for Wario World. It wasn't an amazing game, but it honestly was a lot of fun to play. I kind of wish we'd get another attempt at a 3D Wario in the future.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Jigglypuff gives the best hugs, prove me wrong.

Mmmh. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Mega Man. Made of metal, sure, but also a sweetheart child and three laws compliant. He'll put in all the effort he can to hug just the right amount, and he won't be hindered by issues like stubby arms or hygiene problems that characters otherwise more desirable on account of fluffiness/squooshiness might offer.

Although strictly as a huggEE it's obviously Kirby. Poor boy can't put in the effort but he'll accept it alright and it'll be utter perfection.

As far as worst hugger goes, strictly from a physical standpoint it's ROB. Every try to hug a plastic toy with odd edges? I have, it's...unfulfilling. And it's sad because he really deserves a hug too, but the shape just isn't meant for a full-on hug.

Personality wise I wouldn't expect Ridley to try with the hug, though, and that's on top of him being bony and covered in carapace. And possibly trying to rip you to pieces and eat you.

Neither Kirby nor Jigglypuff can even give hugs — they barely even have arms. They're probably super soft to hug, sure, but that wasn't the question.

Now my boy Donkey Kong on the other hand can hug you so hard you'll confess your inner fears in no time flat

Status
Not open for further replies.