• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
24 hours until we see this on YouTube/Twitch and freak out
giphy.gif

Reminder to tune into a EU/UK stream if you appreciate Sakurai's voice.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what to expect anymore.

Though, it's going to be a fun watch regardless. 24 hours left.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly Shadow tends to not be nearly as edgy as people make him out to be. It's just his game did a lot of damage and that's all people seem(want) to know.

In Adventure 2 he's honestly kind of just a cocky dick most of the time.

Fully agree, Adventure 2 he was just a jerk, 06 he was actually a pretty cool special agent who handled moral decisions with more discretions than before, and in the spin offs, he's actually pretty funny and is able to joke about himself. Stinks that Heroes-ShTH era Sonic didn't help with his image.

Side Note: Seeing your username kind of makes me realize that Shadow's 06 story feels like a less darker version of something you would see out of SMT.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ISAAC

MALLO

DONKEY KONG JR.

24 HOURS
How could we forget Jr? Nintendo has made a big push for educational software with Labo and DK Jr. was the star of their first venture into educational software, Donkey Kong Jr. Math. It should be such a great stage and a fun way to teach kids how to do basic math, especially since we know Sakurai couldn't get the rights for Number Munchers

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Holding my tongue about any leaks, I think we'll certainly get a character from a new franchise tomorrow seeing as how we didn't get a music update for this week so far.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Think there is one thing people may be forgetting.

Despite all the 'leaks' and 'rumours', Sakurai has managed to surprise everyone.

No one got the 'Everyone is here' thing right. No one got K. Rool or Richter right.

Point I'm making is let's just wait to see what tomorrow will bring. One way or the other it is going to be a fantastic game with plenty more to get hyped about from now until December. (And beyond with DLC)

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Think there is one thing people may be forgetting.

Despite all the 'leaks' and 'rumours', Sakurai has managed to surprise everyone.

No one got the 'Everyone is here' thing right. No one got K. Rool or Richter right.

Point I'm making is let's just wait to see what tomorrow will bring. One way or the other it is going to be a fantastic game with plenty more to get hyped about from now until December. (And beyond with DLC)
Apparently people knew about Richter and K Rool, they just were not leaked

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly Shadow tends to not be nearly as edgy as people make him out to be. It's just his game did a lot of damage and that's all people seem(want) to know.

In Adventure 2 he's honestly kind of just a cocky dick most of the time.

Isn't adventure 2 the one with the line about taking candy from a baby?

Also, I feel like the edge was around for Sonic Heroes and Sonic 2006 as well. I feel like it was after 2006 where they leaned more into the anti-hero and toned him back a little bit.

lino

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I need is Sora please for the love of god.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Hopes and dreams time: I think the single non-character announcement that would make me most hyped is a new ballot. Now that so many old fan favorites are in (virtually everyone that's ever been memed since Brawl, if a certain green Christmas-ruiner is to be believed), I'd love to get a chance to vote on everyone else.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
I would honestly just take what's being said, specifically, about XYZ characters from people with inside info as like... not indicative of who specifically is in/out. It's pretty dumb with how vague they're being. Verg's the only one being specific and I would say he's just piggybacking off of what the other people have said but then being deliberately specific so it seems like he actually knows when he doesn't.

That's my take. Also, do keep in mind people with inside info. can still be correct but inaccurate at the same time.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Thankfully I have to work now and then a wild night for Halloween so I can rest my mind till tomorrow. See you in 20 hours folks, then I'll join the hype again while blasting some random Nintendo games.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Emily "misassignments"

A good amount of them seem to come from when she said she "doesn't agree with Mystic on anything". Now, the natural interpretation for someone like me is that this equates "IMO everything Mystic says is complete falsity", so if Mystic said Bubsy doesn't get into Smash Emily's opinion would be he will, but the repeated clarifications suggest that was just an answer to someone forming an inverse statement and Mystic's info is considered regular noise, with broken clocks and all that.

Veeboy

Oct 31, 2017
Everyday I walk into this thread everyday and it seems like every character has been cancelled, uncancelled, recancelled, and then assist trophied. The ride never stops. Can't wait to play as Incineroar, though. I'm lowkey excited for him now that I've accepted his inevitability in Smash.

Less than 24 hours to go for the Direct! :D

cdUK0FH.gif
You forgot Goku.

JK, your countdown gifs were some of my favorite parts of the threads on the old forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.