• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think of IntelliHeath's Halloween avatar?

• Great choice! Duck Season ftw!

Votes: 106 24.6%
  • Creepy! Remove it ASAP!

Votes: 97 22.5%
  • Don't Care...

Votes: 228 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
A thank you to Mystic for telling what he has heard.

Current theory now: all the characters are in, some are DLC and all of them are included on the banner. The leaked banner was an early concept that didn't include all the characters to identify where leaks came from.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The banner leak is so, so real. You'll all see.
Insiders only thought they knew. The more that discuss it the more leaked banner characters are being revealed by them.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No what I mean is that they're like, "Banjo must be the one that makes the inisders think it's fake" because of Mystic's tweets, despite Chorus Kids and Mach Rider being absent from his information as well. I just find singling him out to be weird though I suppose it makes sense somewhat cause he is Microsoft-owned. Then again Microsoft has been more than willing to work with Nintendo these past few years on different things.
With Steve outright saying no Banjo and GameXplain singling him out as the thing that makes the leak fake, if you believe most of the insiders than Banjo is not in.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well their info could still be wrong-- it's not reused art. That's just what we can surmise.

The Problem With the Leak is Banjo
  1. Steve said Banjo wasn't in last night (he said PapaGeno was wrong)
  2. GameXplain thought Banjo was the problem with the leak
  3. Mystic hasn't heard anything about Banjo
But Banjo could be in though. Out of all the characters he would be on top secret lockdown.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I still think Mach Rider is in. There still isn't anyone that fits the rifle.
mach-rider-jpg.173149

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For one the week after that is Let's Go's release and I think Nintendo would want to keep attention on LG for that week.

The blog occasionally has ads for newly released games like for Wario's post they plugged Warioware Gold. The Luigi post made no mention for Luigi's Mansion 3DS even though it's release is at November 8th in Japan leading to believe the blog has Direct content then

Typically they had game Directs a month before release.

Finally they're releasing the Smash Limited edition bundle on Nov 2nd and they're holding a tournament this weekend that's implied to have a final version of the game

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I really appreciate you saying this. Thank you. While I like being able to give some type of clarification based on what I know, I'd like to stress that this isn't something anyone should be taking as gospel. I also have not deconfirmed any of the characters from the leak, and I'll make the best comments I can make on them.
I'm just glad one of the insiders is finally being upfront about what they heard specifically. Kudos to you for speaking out!

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Well their info could still be wrong-- it's not reused art. That's just what we can surmise.

The Problem With the Leak is Banjo
  1. Steve said Banjo wasn't in last night (he said PapaGeno was wrong)
  2. GameXplain thought Banjo was the problem with the leak
  3. Mystic hasn't heard anything about Banjo
That just means Banjo has been kept secret more then the other characters

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I'm low key very happy for Shadow. One of my best friends is a huge Shadow mark so he's gonna be very happy when he's finally revealed.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it outlandish to believe that the insiders must know more about the roster than just hedging their bets on Incineroar?

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
If Banjo was in he would indeed be the biggest addition to the Smash Ultimate roster. I think people are underestiming how much hype he'd build around this game as if this game needs anymore hype. His existence would push a lot of lapse fans to buy Switches imo. Geno? Nah. Ridley? Maybe for hardcore nerds like that. Banjo? Hell yeah.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Random thought: what if Banjo's internal codename IS Incineroar? like, I don't mean in the code of the game, but in the e-mails between employees and stuff?

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
They'll end the Direct with Incineroar and a Pokémon Lets Go commercial with Sakurai saying to buy it or else PAC-Land is the only stage you can play in Ultimate.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Off topic, but it feels like I'm living in a hyperbolic time chamber when it comes to Smash discussion.

It was only a few months ago that we were arguing over which characters might be cut from the upcoming Smash game.

It literally feels like years.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks MysticDistance ; whether that ends up being right or wrong it was a fun read. Good luck in your future endeavors as a translator too.

Commenting on the info itself, Lloyd sticks out to me. When I hear Lloyd in the context of Smash, it makes me think of Super Smash Flash. It feels like a weird pick to me, and I honestly don't feel like he's a particular interesting one for that. I'm wondering how the ballot may have influenced these roster picks though.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
In the end nothing has changed, it's always been ether the leak is fake because no Incineroar or the leak is real and Incineroar was just leak bait

Status
Not open for further replies.