• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm hoping to find at least one reaction video where someone is excited for Amaterasu.

... just one.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
K0kZo3X.jpg

Fresh from the Switch at work. Almost exclusively play offline/battle arena with friends. Banjo/K. Rool/Isabelle/Duck Hunt are all within 5-10 battles of each other under 8.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
EOXflSpVAAEX-f7

EOXflS4UUAA4fD_

Offline battles are skewed because my brother mains Roy and my girlfriend mains Zelda.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
How long before the last presentation was it that they put a disclaimer saying that they wouldn't reveal the next fighter there?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
How long before the last presentation was it that they put a disclaimer that they wouldn't reveal the next fighter there?
You mean the Terry presentation? I think it was in the YouTube livestream description immediately; then they made a Tweet one or two hours later to clarify because the wording was somewhat vague.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How long before the last presentation was it that they put a disclaimer saying that they wouldn't reveal the next fighter there?

I think that would be impossible to do that with this.

"We will have a presentation for an unrevealed fighter, but we won't reveal this unrevealed fighter."

(I'm sure they could find a way, lol.)

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Mondo being so high on Banjo and Kroc not having Lucas in the top 10 are the ones I never would have called. Also, I'm glad there's another Lucas boy here. Good job, TimeFire

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I think that would be impossible to do that with this.

"We will have a presentation for an unrevealed fighter, but we won't reveal this unrevealed fighter."

(I'm sure they could find a way, lol.)
I think they're interested in the fact that they didn't promise not to reveal post-FP content, since that's probably an expectation some are carrying with them going into this presentation.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
12 hours left, will go blind to avoid spoilers, see you on the other side, in a post-Travis world.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Pretty soon after, no?

Like a whole day didn't pass
You mean the Terry presentation? I think it was in the YouTube livestream description immediately; then they made a Tweet one or two hours later to clarify because the wording was somewhat vague.
IIRC, it was up as soon as the Japanese stream was posted and NoA Twitter posted it pretty soon after the presentation was announced.

Ahhh thanks. That's what i kinda remembered.

Not that they're going to do it or that a lack of a statement is evidence, but two fighters tomorrow isn't impossible, i guess.

(Not a hint fyi)

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Mondo being so high on Banjo and Kroc not having Lucas in the top 10 are the ones I never would have called. Also, I'm glad there's another Lucas boy here. Good job, TimeFire
Yeah; I honestly didn't know that B&K passed Puff and Ganon until I just checked.

I thought Joker being in my Top 5 would've surprised people more, because I never talk about playing as him, lol. He is artificially boosted though, since one of my mates plays Joker a lot (but he'd still be up there).

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
in case anyone's wondering, my least used characters in Ultimate are the Mii Fighters, tied for last place with zero plays each

it's what they deserve

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
My least-played is Rosalina & Luma with 10 battles.

That's what being a #RandomWarrior gets me I guess, lol. Even with my least-favourite characters i'm at least at double-digits.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Too lazy to upload but I'm betting 4 of my top 5 played characters are FE. Marth, Lucina, Ike, Corrin are the bomb diggity. My last main is my true main, Zelda, because she is broken af.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Honestly, I'm surprised Sheik isn't lower on my list, given that she's a chore to play in this game. But yeah, I play random a lot as well, so I have no characters with anything close to 0 battles.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The best piece of evidence against Dante is the fact that the video will only be 35 minutes long.

Sakurai would need at least an hour to cover all 72 of Dante's special moves.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Lol

And my least played are Jiggly and Corrin because...zzzzz
Jokes on you, putting people to sleep is Jigglypuff's greatest strength!

The best piece of evidence against Dante is the fact that the video will only be 35 minutes long.

Shoot, this is probably evidence against Amaterasu too.

Unless he doesn't do the Classic Route this time, then he MIGHT be able to squeeze everything in.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
my least played non-Mii Fighter character is Luigi (sorry buddy)

my least played Ultimate newcomer is Daisy (but she just barely edged out Peach, so good for her)

my least played unique Ultimate newcomer is Inkling (somehow)

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019

I still think one of the best arguments against Dante being chosen is Sakurai's past experience with Bayonetta. He tried to balance her, made her so powerful she broke the game, and balanced her so hard in Ultimate she's barely even there anymore.

And he wants to try balancing Dante, next???

(Also, my least played newcomers are Simon, because Richter is better, and... oh god. Uh. King K. Rool).

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My least played are Mii Fighter and Mii Swordfighter with 0 battles in Offline & Battle Arenas. And a lot of fighters I have never used online.

Feb 5, 2018

Counterpoint. DMC only has 5 main games, 4 cause Sakurai definitely wouldnt cover 2. Doubly so, he can talk the entire video about his combos and specials with no classic mode

Feb 5, 2018
You all need to play Richter more.

My biggest problem is that Richter, Daisy and Dark Samus dont have any differentiation compared to other echoes. D. Samus does sort of in terms of animation and stun properties, but id rather just use their normals.

Funny enough, people forget Sakurai literally states Daisy was supposed to have different move properties compared to Peach in her reveal. This never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.