Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yellow is just more evidence in Agumon's favor, because the color behind Banjo is CLEARLY orange, people need new glasses or something.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
One more Master Chief gif for Page 117.

GrossSilverBuffalo-max-1mb.gif

edit: dang, just missed it.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The color behind Banjo looks too much like orange and yellow for the last fighter to use either of them.

Fighter 5 will use white instead, and will therefore be Kazuma Kiryu.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
The color behind Banjo looks too much like orange and yellow for the last fighter to use either of them.

Fighter 5 will use white instead, and will therefore be Kazuma Kiryu.
My Color Theory Theory is that who ever originally invented Color Theory was colorblind and everyone has been too polite to point it out since then.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
You know, I'm not joking when I say I want Sir Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins in Smash. And he's the type of Arcade character that I can see Sakurai adding;

I don't think he's super likely, but not that impossible either. But would be super wild if the next Capcom rep was him, while everyone was expecting something super huge.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
With enough sleep deprivation and plenty of shitposting, I believe we can reach thread 9 just before the game awards. It's our duty.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I go to sleep for an appropriate amount of hours, and those unlisted ads get posted as a new discovery AGAIN?

I really need The Game Awards to break this speculation loop we're in.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Arthur falls into that odd spot with me where I didn't like playing him in Marvel and just kinda feel like in Smash he'd be running a similar subweapon chucking style to the Belmonts or even Link and I can't muster up the excitement.

No doubt he fits though, but I'd rather go Gargoyle's Quest with Firebrand, which wont happen.

Let's just say the new colour is pink to avoid all the orange/yellow confusion.
Ohhh, is this where I get to post my character want pic like everyone else always does?

mVdlFk7.jpg

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I'm not joking when I say I want Sir Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins in Smash. And he's the type of Arcade character that I can see Sakurai adding;

I don't think he's super likely, but not that impossible either. But would be super wild if the next Capcom rep was him, while everyone was expecting something super huge.
Arthur's one of my most wanted characters as well. Ghosts 'n Goblins was a really big deal for Capcom back in the day, and it's a perfect fit for Smash Bros.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
I love GnG and all the spin-offs and I'd take Arthur, but Firebrand is the dude. Demon's Crest is so fucking dope. Put him in as a Ridley clone with a single fireball and Peach-style float and you're done. Edit: I guess the tail might fuck it up, on second thought. Give him some Bowser claw swipes instead of tail attacks, I guess.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I still maintains that Arthur would fits in Smash Bros just like glove.

His movesets would fits in very well.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I wish Capcom ported Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins to Switch ... that game is trapped on PSP and I really enjoyed the modern take on the series :/

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sir Arthur is great. I could easily see myself championing him... After I get Hayabusa. 😁

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Arthur's stage is really obvious, too: a side-scrolling Demon Village graveyard (like MvC3) with zombie and Red Arremer hazards, possibly ending with an Astaroth boss fight.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Lemme see those top 5 wishes for Fighter 5:

- The Prince (Katamari)
- Kassandra (Assassin's Creed Odyssey)
- Chell (Portal)
- Majima (Yakuza)
- Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love GnG and all the spin-offs and I'd take Arthur, but Firebrand is the dude. Demon's Crest is so fucking dope. Put him in as a Ridley clone with a single fireball and Peach-style float and you're done. Edit: I guess the tail might fuck it up, on second thought. Give him some Bowser claw swipes instead of tail attacks, I guess.

You're the only one here who gets me, man.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I love Smash Wiki's instanstance to make random trivia points like "this character is the only to do X if we don't count A, B, C, D and E"

Just seems like a pointless thing to even mention if it's something that's not really unique or particularly interesting.

Not counting the alternate versions of themselves, Mr. Game & Watch, Pac-Man and Inkling are the only characters who face Duck Hunt as a Classic Mode opponent.
Ike is the only Brawl veteran who faces Sonic as a Classic Mode opponent.
Dark Samus is the only Echo Fighter who can wall jump.
Lucas and the Ice Climbers are the only playable characters which use sprites as their Fighters Spirit image.
Pikachu is one of the few characters to use their default outfit in Spirit Battles, the others being Mr. Game & Watch, Bowser Jr., Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, R.O.B., Squirtle, Inkling, Fox, Wolf, Robin, Joker, Hero and Banjo & Kazooie

Are any of these particularly interesting? The last one might have been interesting a year ago, but it's pointless now.

And the first one isn't even accurate, since it hasn't been updated to add Banjo!

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I love Smash Wiki's instanstance to make random trivia points like "this character is the only to do X if we don't count A, B, C, D and E"

Just seems like a pointless thing to even mention if it's something that's not really unique or particularly interesting.

Are any of these particularly interesting? The last one might have been interesting a year ago, but it's pointless now.

And the first one isn't even accurate, since it hasn't been updated to add Banjo!

Oh yeah, the Smash Wiki loves being super granular and esoteric about everything, especially when it comes to trivia.

Occasionally some interesting stuff comes out if it, admittedly. Like all of the character pages (note there's one per character per game) have at least a paragraph dedicated to their historical record in tourneys, for example, and like it's completely useless for anyone who isn't an analyst/caster but dammit they'll provide it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.