• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Here's my "Season 2 will be entirely based on '2' puns" theory.

- 2B
- JiII Valentine
- Zapdos
- Nico Robin
- TwinBee

Evidence: Japan loves puns. Bookmark this post, it's happening

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My ultimate pie in the sky pick is master chief, followed by Doomguy, Dovahkin and Kiryu Kazama. But Jonesy/ Steve are infinitely more recognizable and sellable

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
My ultimate pie in the sky pick is master chief, followed by Doomguy, Dovahkin and Kiryu Kazama. But Jonesy/ Steve are infinitely more recognizable and sellable
Remember, as a wise man once said when directly asked by a mob of steveposters and Waluigi stans:
Screen_Shot_2019-11-06_at_12.55.10_PM.jpg

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
If we count Megas from Gen VI and/or their original gen, and Alolan forms from Gen VII and ORAS as Gen III and Let's Go as Gen I

Abra - Vs Wild Pokemon (Sun and Moon)
Mimikyu - Main Theme (Luigi's Mansion)
Detective Pikachu - Shop (Smash Ultimate)

That's it

3 times out of a huge amount of fights (Pokemon has the most spirits in the game and I can't be bothered to count how many of those have fights)

Plus the 4 new Sw/Sh spirits, assuming they aren't really good at hiding potentially new music in the files.
Yeaaah Sakurai knows his details.

I wonder if they might go for more non Pokemon music.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Fortnite mechanics would make great smash abilities. Building terrain, gliding on the chute, flossing to dodge projectiles, picking up gear during a match to buff damage/armor, etc...
I'm sure Sakurai could make a fun moveset for them, I'm mostly just shitposting since I don't like either art style and I especially don't like zoomers.

I don't really think either is likely though. There's just so many iconic Japanese characters still not in, and that's definitely been their focus over new western ones.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite fans were tempted to get into Smash upon seeing Jonsey and co get in, but then they saw the difference in tournament prize money and went back to Fortnite.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Alright, let's not open the Fortnite Pandora's box again.

Man, Terry makes Simon look tiny. We need Heihachi to take the boomer crown from Simon.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I feel like adding Athena as another KOF fighter wouldn't be so bad. Could also be King or Blue Mary. I understand Mai is too skimpy and boob-focused to put in the game, but the others aren't that bad.

Besides our famous Smash Idol Jigglypuff needs a rival.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I'm sure this has been discussed before but... Sam Porter for Smash would be SO GOOD. And Kojima is friends with Sakurai right? And Sony is cool and all right? It's totally happening RIGHT?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I probably said this already, but I would love a Crono Mii costume that came with "World Revolution" that played exclusively on Midgar.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Nintendo would never pay for Norman Reedus.

IIRC, a similar thing kept James Bond out of Melee.

I probably said this already, but I would love a Crono Mii costume that came with "World Revolution" that played exclusively on Midgar.
Chrono Trigger, along with No More Heroes, Guilty Gear, and Ys are the biggest reasons why I think they should just make a third-party music pack.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018

So it seems Sabi's source supposedly knows about the 5th Fighter, but isn't saying anything yet because it'll give them away.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

So it seems Sabi's source supposedly knows about the 5th Fighter, but isn't saying anything yet because it'll give them away.

He look I have some leaks from Sabi's twitter. This tweet is queued up for 15 minutes after the Game Awards.

"I'm glad everyone's enjoying 2B, I've known for a while they were going to shadow-drop her but couldn't say anything ;)"

Status
Not open for further replies.