• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Some of y'all were pessimistic about a Early Banjo release and now everyone is optimistic about an early Terry release lol.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
If they add Tails, it would feel empty without Knuckles. And vice versa. Adding just Eggman won't leave a bad feeling.

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic having a Mario-level number of characters is my worst nightmare

d8oahfl-b4e6cf12-9646-4c08-ab82-eefd5eb10843.jpg

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
There are far more secondary characters from the included third-party series that I'd like to see than from any of the Nintendo series.
  • Tails
  • Knuckles
  • Sephiroth
  • Chun-Li
  • M. Bison
  • Akuma
  • Alucard
  • Geese Howard
On the Nintendo side it's really just Dixie Kong for me.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
There are far more secondary characters from the included third-party series that I'd like to see than from any of the Nintendo series.
  • Tails
  • Knuckles
  • Sephiroth
  • Chun-Li
  • M. Bison
  • Akuma
  • Alucard
  • Geese Howard
On the Nintendo side it's really just Dixie Kong for me.

No Eggman shoutout? I'm sad.

M. Bison would be amazing though. My first pick for a third Street Fighter character.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'd consider a second Sonic rep (Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic or Blaze), Zero, Ms. Pac-Man, Chun-Li, Sephiroth, Jeanne and Alucard as valid extra reps for third party franchises (also Heroine; but I don't know how likely that is).

Shame that one of those is suffering from ownership issues.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Dictator would be hard to implement in Smash since his Head Stomp/Devil's Reverse have tracking, and good luck tracking in a multiplayer match. Charge motion back/forward would be a bit awkward too unless they just gave him his Alpha fireball, but I expect most people would want Psycho Crusher instead of that.

If they do a charge character, it'd make more sense for Guile since he's already halfway finished (he even has animations for double jumps and knockdowns!) and you wouldn't need to charge for Sonic Booms since you could slap them on neutral B, but he's also an assist trophy, so *shrug*

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
No Eggman shoutout? I'm sad.

M. Bison would be amazing though. My first pick for a third Street Fighter character.
I have a hard time visualizing Eggman as a playable character. He's rather large on his own, and he'd ideally be in some sort of mech, which would make him even bigger. He just seems better suited as a boss to me.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If they were ever to add a secondary non-echo Street Fighter character, I can't see it not being Chun-Li. (But then I thought she would have been the SF AT and we got Guile instead, so what do I know?)

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Revolver Ocelot;
Dr. Eggman;
Dr. Wily;
Spooky;
M. Bison;
Sephiroth;
uuh.. I don't know the Bayonetta villains..
Dracula;
Jack Frost;
a Slime;
Gruntilda;
Geese Howard;

and then Dr. Neo Cortex after having Crash playable, of course

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they were ever to add a secondary non-echo Street Fighter character, I can't see it not being Chun-Li. (But then I thought she would have been the SF AT and we got Guile instead, so what do I know?)
Why add a character who only has the kicks when you can add a character with the kicks and dozens of other moves (Seth)?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I have a hard time visualizing Eggman as a playable character. He's rather large on his own, and he'd ideally be in some sort of mech, which would make him even bigger. He just seems better suited as a boss to me.

I think they could fudge it. You can see how big he is in the Genesis games:

tumblr_inline_nrwnuwl0ps1r5eal6_500.gif

Then put him in something like this:

latest

But like Ridley, I'm sure if Sakurai really wanted it for some reason (he doesn't), he could make it happen.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
"second rep" reads as "not an echo" to me and I sure can't imagine Ms. Pac-Man being anything but an echo

they already had to stretch pretty hard just to make a moveset for Pac-Man

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

Moose the Fattest Cat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I think they could fudge it. You can see how big he is in the Genesis games:

tumblr_inline_nrwnuwl0ps1r5eal6_500.gif

Then put him in something like this:

latest

But like Ridley, I'm sure if Sakurai really wanted it for some reason (he doesn't), he could make it happen.

Couldn't he essentially work the same as Bowser Jr., just bigger/heavier? In a little hovercraft with multiple weapons?

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
"second rep" reads as "not an echo" to me and I sure can't imagine Ms. Pac-Man being anything but an echo

they already had to stretch pretty hard just to make a moveset for Pac-Man
she could be more of a semi-clone; removing the NAMCO Arcade references and sticking only to Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man games for her moveset

(aka no Galaga tractor beam or Mappy trampoline)

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Couldn't he essentially work the same as Bowser Jr., just bigger/heavier? In a little hovercraft with multiple weapons?

I'll repost the suggestion I had earlier in this thread:

I would use the mech in Sonic The Fighters as a basis:

latest

Incorporate the cannon and some of the other elements from the Egg Walker:

egg-walker-sonic-adventure-2.png

And then you're good to go. The legs could disappear during jumps and in mid-air he's using the Egg Mobile:

latest

This would differentiate him from Bowser Jr. with some liberties taken.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic's next character is tough because Tails sucks, but it would be weird to get Knuckles before Tails. You can do Eggman but he'd be tough to implement without looking wonky as hell next to Sonic. Like, Shadow as a semi-clone is the only one that feels plausible to me.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Sonic's next character is tough because Tails sucks, but it would be weird to get Knuckles before Tails. You can do Eggman but he'd be tough to implement without looking wonky as hell next to Sonic. Like, Shadow as a semi-clone is the only one that feels plausible to me.

Tails only sucks in modern Sonic. Sonic Adventure 2 and prior he kicked ass. He is literally an invincible god in the Genesis games.

Status
Not open for further replies.