• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
bV0ge4r.gif

Bsx3tHI.gif

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
ROB can't have a stage because the island he ruled that the staged would be based on got blown up and you'd just be falling into the ocean over and over again.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty hard to argue against Terry as the first SNK rep. He's SNK's most popular character, SNK's most recurring character, the main character of SNK's first fighting game series, and he has perfect attendance in The King of Fighters. He represents SNK's legacy better than anyone else.
Too bad he's boring af.
Terry is beloved by SNK fans, though. I was mainly responding to, "literally any other SNK rep would have been better than Terry," which is just comically absurd.
I'm just mad they couldn't even get Kula as a cameo ok :(
Come on. That's just Regulus Tera, you didn't have to take it seriously lol.
I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or as a complaint. lol

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
catching up on the thread, I agree that Seth is one of the best Street Fighter characters and needs to come back soon. I wouldn't mind if Sakurai added him instead of generic fighting game character #43 to give him a bit of a bump.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
If we want to get a lot of Final Fantasy music, we need to get a character who can have alternate costumes from protagonists of other games, like Hero. The only character that comes to mind that could fit this criteria are Warrior of Light and Firion since their sprites are basically the same in the Famicom versions.

How about Cid? All the Cids?

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember finding out that Street Fighter got nothing from 3rd Strike and instead they threw in two versions of almost the entire rest of the Street Fighter II soundtrack?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Is it worth adding Sephiroth just for One Winged Angel and J-E-N-O-V-A? Not gonna lie, it is a bit tempting...

Remember finding out that Street Fighter got nothing from 3rd Strike and instead they threw in two versions of almost the entire rest of the Street Fighter II soundtrack?
Glad that band-aid got ripped off two weeks before release when the early copies started spreading across the web. Would've been a bit more disapointed if I found that out when the game actually released.

Getting my hands on the full music dump was a super fun back in November last year; it was really great seeing people get hyped over certain remixes/rips in the spoiler thread.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Really wouldn't have expected to be rooting for another FE character 6 months ago but Edelgard would be nice for a few reasons and Three Houses seems like one of those milestone games for the FE series and the Switch's first party line-up.

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Still upset European versions got this downgrade of a title in Ultimate when we had the far superior "Robotic Obliterating Buddy" in Smash for Wii U.
The real tragedies are losing "Ghost-Gobbler" and "The Tazmilian Devil".

The former isn't even that creative, but it's still a better title than "The Yellow Bane of Ghosts".

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
These haven't really meant much in terms of reveal timing, but at least we know that some upcoming Smash videos are already uploaded in private? lol

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The real tragedies are losing "Ghost-Gobbler" and "The Tazmilian Devil".

The former isn't even that creative, but it's still a better title than "The Yellow Bane of Ghosts".
Well one beef I have with the ROB title is that it makes very little sense once you have two or more ROBs on the stage.

Just looked up Lucas' title and it seems NoA was pretty much the odd-one-out so it makes even less sense we got lumped with it.

Justice for Non-American English speakers!

(At least we can be thankful they retained WFT's British voices)

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone here is aware that Dimitri is a lock for the 3H Smash rep right

His popularity in Asia/The West is overwhelming

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone here is aware that Dimitri is a lock for the 3H Smash rep right

His popularity in Asia/The West is overwhelming
Yes? Dimitri is generally accepted as the best Three Houses character and the "canon" storyline here just like everywhere else. People are just excited for a fire emblem character who uses a spear for once.

Jan 9, 2018
Claude is easily the most interesting one, it helps that in a lot of ways he feels like an atypical Lord, but also ends up being more like the typical Lords by the end of the game than Dimitri or Edelgard. In Smash, he'd basically be the first brown guy in the game and his move set would have to work very differently from other FE characters.

Edelgard is pretty unique as far as FE Lords go due to the role she plays in the game and what that would mean for her Smash inclusion. Plus, she's an axe user who might be the only heavy-weight (gameplay-wise, I mean) woman on the roster.

I love Dimitri but he kinda offers the the least to Smash in terms of his appearance and such. He's just another blonde guy, after all. He would have a pretty great move set as the first spear user I think, so I wouldn't oppose his inclusion.

This post has made me realize I'm actually very excited for FE Warriors 2 now that the game would presumably focus on characters I like (so the Three Houses cast instead of Awakening or Fates lol).

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Shame that the house leader trio all turned up after reaching FE saturation really, they're all pretty neat in their own ways and bring the variety from sword lords.

catching up on the thread, I agree that Seth is one of the best Street Fighter characters and needs to come back soon. I wouldn't mind if Sakurai added him instead of generic fighting game character #43 to give him a bit of a bump.
when your new trailer is uploaded but the world can't see it yet
SqAubG.gif

Is this really the new gimmick? Seth?

Wait, he can do everything, he's the perfect rep for the whole street fighter series, dammit Brock, you've done it again!

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there are unfortunately like two Seth gifs on the entire internet, so please get yourself acquainted with the one previously posted until he is revealed for street fighter 6 and smash. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.