Nintendo Direct E3 2021 is drawing near; what Smash news are we expecting?

• Challenger Pack 10

Votes: 143 46.6%
  • Challenger Pack 10 + Challenger Pack 11

Votes: 104 33.9%
  • Challenger Pack 10 + Volume 3 announcement

Votes: 30 9.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • None of the above; the wait continues...

Votes: 17 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I've had that issues at times. I think the best thing to do is just slowing yourself down? I've found that I'm trying to say too much at once.
Taking your time is the "easy" way of dealing with the problem from my experience, not that I'm any good at it either.
It's weird because I don't think I actually feel like I'm nervous. It only really dawns on me when I realize that it's physically hard to talk because I'm out of air, so I have to turn the phone away from my mouth to take a breath.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why I keep playing Smash Ultimate online, it's easily the worst most frustrating gaming experience I've come acrossed

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
You got Sora, Scrapz! KPI reference is probably a complete convo killer, though.

You have the methodology right on more than less of the others, which is more than enough when they were meant to be unreasonably ambiguous. In particular, EX#2 was specifically meant to mislead into Burning Rangers or Mighty Switch Force 2, though the actual answer is more twistedly mundane.

EX#3 is the one which is kinda farthest away from your answer, though it points out exactly what its surface is. And EX#6, well... many games have cubes, so that one is probably just the hardest.

At this point you may have some luck with another look at original set, which I'll copy here for reference. Out of BGBW's... possible guesses, I'd say the last two got the methodology, and funnily enough, O#3 take did nothing but explain the surface too. What's with the threes?
  1. All-Stars Challenger Approaching
  2. Clusterf@#%
  3. But, Like, Your Sister Agreed
  4. The Most Useless Thread
  5. Refugee Removal Is Not What We Call It Nowadays
  6. A Cold Day In Heck
  7. Going Down With The Sheep
  8. Where's Billy When We Need One?
  9. One Cannot Simply Introduce Infinity
  10. Don't Ask Us About Amiibo Either Yet
  11. Put On Ear Stoppers And Listen To Me
  12. The Great Smash Bros. Development Halting Problem
  13. Thread Execution Order
  14. D.O.G.M.A.
  15. What Do You Mean You Thought He's Done
  16. Supehr Smash Guyz
It's weird because I don't think I actually feel like I'm nervous. It only really dawns on me when I realize that it's physically hard to talk because I'm out of air, so I have to turn the phone away from my mouth to take a breath.
Weirdly enough I have little problem stopping often enough for inhaling while talking, on phone or otherwise (probably making myself look dumb, but that's a given), but any long ceremony makes me lose air, probably since there's no improvisation involved. Any idea what differentiates the phone for you?

Last edited:

maulcore

Oct 16, 2018
Canada
This may be a very silly-sounding question, but is there any sort of practice you can do for breathing while talking?

I suddenly realize that I sound very nervous when I talk on the phone for a long time because I just completely stop inhaling.

I rarely post on here just lurk but I've been a singer for a long time and I have a few tips! Doing some deep breathing exercises to get the most out of your breaths is a good way to not run out too quickly. Just thinking about your breathing during the day and forcing yourself to fill your lungs more helps a lot. The other thing I would suggest would be to try to picture commas and periods when you speak, taking a quick breath when you reach a comma and a longer breath when there is a period. I struggled a lot with rushing while talking which makes this difficult, but practicing it by reading something you're familiar with out loud helps a lot. Hope some of these might help!

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
wonder how much they could get away keeping the religious stuff for Isaac if he were to get in?
Never happening lmao. It's a game about a naked mentally unstable 5 year old fighting against his nightmares before he suffocates to death locked inside a chest. Before it got released on 3DS, Nintendo even blocked it for "questionable religious content". It's rated M for a reason and you can't dodge it.
Isaac1.png

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Sonic Mania and having a good time.

Then I did a Special Stage, outran the UFO, and then fell off the stage.

So now I'm not having a good time and want to restart the entire game and god I cannot stand having to find the Warp Rings in the levels and permanently losing out on them.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
No game has ever turned me off because of the art style harder than The Binding of Isaac

There's going for a horror vibe, and then there's making your game look so aggressively unpleasant that I'd never want to touch it

jtmmachine

Nov 2, 2020

So now I'm not having a good time and want to restart the entire game and god I cannot stand having to find the Warp Rings in the levels and permanently losing out on them.

I ran into that too and after a lot of frustration eventually decided to just play to the end. Much more fun that way and you can unlock level select after beating the game where the Bonus Rings don't permanently disappear

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

Tbh the secret final boss sucks and cheesing the game with Super Sonic and his repetitive theme ain't worth it either.

seeds

Jun 25, 2019
I ran into that too and after a lot of frustration eventually decided to just play to the end. Much more fun that way and you can unlock level select after beating the game where the Bonus Rings don't permanently disappear

Yeah, once you beat the game you can easily get every emerald by just replaying the first zone, so don't worry about missing any

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018

The trick is to not care because the final boss sucks anyways

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The trick is to not care because the final boss sucks anyways

Missing those halcyon days where you'd fight a big monster to a buttrock soundtrack.

Hey it's like me and all those roguelikes I saw on sale today.

"Oh wow Dicey Dungeons looks nice and I hear so many good things abou- oh."

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
stan423321 presents: the waluderful masahiro walurai

episode #31: mods as primary source of content

"oh no, this forum is doomed"

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Tbh the secret final boss sucks and cheesing the game with Super Sonic and his repetitive theme ain't worth it either.
It sure is great how they made disabling the Super Sonic theme something you can only do via inputting a code in the level select sound test.

Messing around with Egg Reverie free-flight Super Sonic in regular stages was fun though.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Missing those halcyon days where you'd fight a big monster to a buttrock soundtrack.

Hey it's like me and all those roguelikes I saw on sale today.

"Oh wow Dicey Dungeons looks nice and I hear so many good things abou- oh."
Dicey Dungeons is different from usual roguelikes, it's structured more like a regular game.

Like, it has 36 separate levels that you complete one after the next. Roguelikes usually aren't my cup of tea, but I really loved it.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
The Special Stages in Sonic Mania are the only ones in the whole franchise I can tolerate;

Blue Spheres are fine too.. but I do get frustrated

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
They seriously did lock some neat features behind the No Save mode level select for no(?) apparent reason.

Like, there's All Chaos Emeralds, all Blue Spheres Medals and infinite continues codes that I understand not wanting available for regular play, but then you've also got Super Form Flight, Disable Super Music and Max Control Sonic (Drop Dash, Insta-Shield and Peel-Out all enabled at once) that you've gotta look up cheats for to access.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So since the E3 presentation is 40 min.... they are gonna open with the smash character per usual right?

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Well, what's "per usual" in this case anyway.

In the March 2018 Direct Smash was the final reveal.
You all already know what went down at E3 2018.
Isabelle was the second-last reveal in the September 2018 Direct, but it led right into the AC Switch reveal.
The reminder for Joker and teaser for 3.0 was about 5 minutes into the February 2019 Direct.
Hero opened the E3 2019 Direct; Banjo was the second-last announcement.
Banjo's release date, Terry's reveal and the tease for Volume 2 started around 8 minutes into the September 2019 Direct.
The ARMS rep tease was around 14 minutes into the March 2020 Direct Mini.
Pyra & Mythra opened the February 2021 Direct.

So who knows really. Smash reveals were only the opener of a Direct twice during Ultimate's life.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
another e3, another year of waiting for sin and punishment 3, then crying myself to sleep when it doesn't happen

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Direct Speculation thread arming themselves as we speak.
No but see, there are people in there who hate Smash as a fighting game but want Smash Kart.

I've even seen suggestions for Smash F-Zero and Smash Pilotwings in there. No franchise is safe from having their identity stripped away.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I wonder if the last DLC characters are "E3 tier" or they've just happened to wind up here due to the dev cycle.

Like last year Banjo and Hero are absolutely E3 tier characters, but then in the past you've had like Palutena lol.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I wonder if the last DLC characters are "E3 tier" or they've just happened to wind up here due to the dev cycle.

Like last year Banjo and Hero are absolutely E3 tier characters, but then in the past you've had like Palutena lol.
I don't want to alarm you, but Banjo and Hero were two years ago.

I know.

Anyway, I think it's tough to predict. At least one of them could be huge - Nintendo could theoretically have thought well ahead and sat on a big character, expecting E3 to be back in "full" swing this year. Orrrr we could just have whoever the heck was set to be done next in the original lineup, and it could be absolutely anyone. I'm pretty open to either possibility (though I'll probably like the character a bit more if it's the latter, rather than the former).

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As we are all well aware, Smash never ends on a high note.

So stop getting excited for the next character. If you go in with no expectations then you won't be let down. Being excited for stuff is cringe.

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
As we are all well aware, Smash never ends on a high note.

So stop getting excited for the next character. If you go in with no expectations then you won't be let down. Being excited for stuff is cringe.
I dunno, that Yuji Naka news is pretty hype, not gonna lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.