• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Since there's no Lotus Juice or any other singers or potential license people, just Rare and Microsoft, I wouldn't be surprised if Banjo got more rips than Persona.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can see Banjo-Kazooie having their musical instruments for taunts and victory poses. Would also love it if they pulled out Stop N Swap Eggs or the Ice Key for another taunt.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Okay. Am I crazy or am I really seeing a serious belief that If Banjo is real. (Not talking this thread specifically)

He'll be revealed at Microsoft's E3 conference.

No way a Smash character would get revealed there.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Okay. Am I crazy or am I really seeing a serious belief that If Banjo is real. (Not talking this thread specifically)

He'll be revealed at Microsoft's E3 conference.

No way a Smash character would get revealed there.

I seem to remember the common sentiment before the Game Awards was that there would be no way a character reveal happened there.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just listened to the GX discussion, and heard them talking Banjo and possibly someone else (Gen 8 Pokémon? Leon Kennedy? Other?).

Is that an option?

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
I seem to remember the common sentiment before the Game Awards was that there would be no way a character reveal happened there.
Different reasons for both. A TGA reveal was doubted because people thought it was too soon for any DLC announcement.

A Microsoft conference revealed is doubted because why the hay would Microsoft talk about a game that isn't coming to anything of theirs at their E3 conference? Smash would be a small tangent at best in a Microsoft conference.

MonkeyDLenny

Apr 15, 2019
That reminds me, will your feelings regarding Erdrick change if/when we do indeed get Banjo?

To be honest; as much as I've doubted Erdricks chances and as much as I've memed on him I truly have nothing against him personally. Really it was more the association with Grotesque Steve that kinda turned me off. I'm sure I'd get into him just fine if he gets in, moreso if Banjo comes along with him

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so let's say they do just reveal only one character.

Where would Challenger #3 be revealed at? Would they do a Smash specific summer Direct like they last year in August? I don't see them randomly revealing him/her out of the blue out of nowhere, I'd think they'd want to tie it to some event.

I'm sure the 4th character will be revealed at the fall Direct this year, and the 5th and last character revealed in December, at either VGAs or a final Direct similar to the one we got for Smash 4 back in 2015. So if this E3 really only has one reveal, I kinda wonder how they'll handle the next one.

Coco292

Jun 7, 2019

Where would Challenger #3 be revealed at? Would they do a Smash specific summer Direct like they last year in August? I don't see them randomly revealing him/her out of the blue out of nowhere, I'd think they'd want to tie it to some event.

I'm sure the 4th character will be revealed at the fall Direct this year, and the 5th and last character revealed in December, at either VGAs or a final Direct similar to the one we got for Smash 4 back in 2015. So if this E3 really only has one reveal, I kinda wonder how they'll handle the next one.
What about TGS 2019?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

EVO. If it isn't the fighter reveal itself, then it would at least be an announcement for the announcement (like last year).

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What if Sakurai took the requests for Banjo too literally and just gave us him with no Kazooie.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

September Direct reveal for 3, December VGA for 4, and February Direct for 5.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
What if Sakurai took the requests for Banjo too literally and just gave us him with no Kazooie.
CxgTSu8.gif

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Every year, people say we'll get a character reveal from EVO and it never happens lol

The most you'll get is the announcement of an announcement, like the August Direct last year.
Check my edit. While the announcement of an announcement is most likely, I think they might try to one-up last year with an actual fighter announcement there.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like Nintendo would get more views/eyes doing a character reveal outside of Evo. "Smash Direct" gets more attention then "Evo".

Unless Nintendo tells people to look out for a reveal.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
been out all day, seems like Banjo is all but confirmed but has there been any changes to DQ? Sorry I keep asking lol

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Has ANYONE credible heard that Erdrick will be at E3 besides GameExplain going "maybe a JRPG character will show up?" It feels like nobody reliable besides Tansut has said Erdrick but Banjo has basically all the big insiders and a digital paper trail going back months.

I'm not saying Erdrick isn't in but I think there would be more chatter if he was at E3.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's tomorrow. I don't know what time zone you're in, so I would ask that you look it up.

2PM where I'm at which is fine.

Hmm. I can't actually decide whether I think a reveal will happen there or not. On one hand it'd be a way to free up the Direct on Tuesday for Smash, but then a lot of people are probably going to watch the E3 Direct just for a Smash reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.