• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Next DT Subtitle?

• Playing stocks over time

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 3 Stocks remaining

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • To be Continued...

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Amiibo Theory or Bust

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Your Smashing days are coming to an end

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I can Be Your One Winged Angel or Devil

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • The Unknown DLC will Continued

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I guess not all of the actual top 8 were actually interested in participating in the finals, lol.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Man the Omnislash V.5 feels so great to land. Especially in 1v1 where the camera is all focused on the Final Smash.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Are we really going to pretend Jill isn't one of the most iconic female video game characters?
To me she's the original RE protagonist.
Also rumors say she's the lead in RE9 so.

Crossover appearances of Jill of the top of my head:
MvC2, UMvC3, Teppen, Puzzle Fighter, Pocket Fighter, SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters 2, Capcom Super League Online, Capcom Girl no Mind Puzzle, Project X Zone 1 and 2 etc

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Are we really going to pretend Jill isn't one of the most iconic female video game characters?
To me she's the original RE protagonist.
Also rumors say she's the lead in RE9 so.

Crossover appearances of Jill of the top of my head:
MvC2, UMvC3, Teppen, Puzzle Fighter, Pocket Fighter, SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters 2, Capcom Super League Online, Capcom Girl no Mind Puzzle, Project X Zone 1 and 2 etc
What rumors?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Where did I do that? I'm talking about how Jill is clearly not the RE1 protagonist Capcom is pushing.
You definitely aren't wrong there, they aren't pushing Jill a lot right now.

Right now being the key words, because i'm certain that'll change. You know i'm serious about this because I was right there with you in 2019, believing that Jill wouldn't be the playable RE rep in Smash!

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
When Ultimate is done and Smash goes on a hiatus, I want a Nintendo VS. fighting game to fill the void in the mean time. I've thought of "Nintendo vs. Capcom" a lot, but I think "Nintendo vs. Sega" should go first.
Ah, so the reason Bamco hasn't been getting many reps in Smash is because they're saving their cast for the Nintendo vs Namco game.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
happy boxing day everyone
in celebration, you're no longer capable of jumping more than two inches

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
MadeupImperfectGrosbeak-max-1mb.gif

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
When Ultimate is done and Smash goes on a hiatus, I want a Nintendo VS. fighting game to fill the void in the mean time. I've thought of "Nintendo vs. Capcom" a lot, but I think "Nintendo vs. Sega" should go first.
Smash going on a hiatus, hah

this is a twenty million seller franchise now, it will go in a hiatus the same way mario kart does between games

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Smash going on a hiatus, hah

this is a twenty million seller franchise now, it will go in a hiatus the same way mario kart does between games

Well, that still is kind of a hiatus now, isn't it? It's been almost seven years since the last all new console MK installment.

Prior to Ultimate, that's how long it took to get new Smash games as well. There was only a two year gap between 64 and Melee, but it took like six years for Brawl to come out, and it took another six years for Smash 4 to come out.

Though a large part of this was because (outside of Smash being a one game per console kind of deal) Sakurai was busy working on another games inbetween installments, Kirby Air Ride and Meteos inbetween Melee and Brawl and Kid Icarus Uprising inbetween Brawl and Smash 4.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I'm open to more Nintendo crossovers, but doesn't have to be in the fighting genre;

Have a Musou game, a RPG for once, a Ultimate Alliance kind of deal or even a LEGO game; --Racing could also work, as long they go more to the SEGA All-Stars route, giving characters their specific karts with no room for much customization (that way, you can't have Kirby driving anything but a Warp Star for example; I think characters like Pokémon would work better that way)

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have the video of some streamer pranking his viewers with the megalovania theme in the smash direct that actually had sans in it?

EDIT: found it

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, so the reason Bamco hasn't been getting many reps in Smash is because they're saving their cast for the Nintendo vs Namco game.
Nah, the reason Bamco isn't getting more reps is because Nintendo is paying them enough to make the game.

Well, that still is kind of a hiatus now, isn't it? It's been almost seven years since the last all new console MK installment.
Exactly. That's why we're getting "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Special" for the Switch 2 with new content but no DLC and we'll just have to wait till the next console to get the sequel.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Current tier list.

DATA
Mario
Donkey Kong
Samus
Yoshi
Fox
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Peach
Ice Climbers
Pichu
Falco
Chrom
Zero Suit Samus
Wario
Snake
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
King Dedede
Olimar
ROB
Villager
Little Mac
Mii Fighters
Pac-Man
Ken
Cloud
Corrin
Inkling
Isabelle
Banjo & Kazooie
Terry Bogard
Min Min
Steve / Alex

VIRUS
Dark Samus
Kirby
Daisy
Bowser
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Meta Knight
Ike
Lucas
Sonic the Hedgehog
Wolf
Greninja
Robin
Bowser Jr.
Duck Hunt
Ryu
Bayonetta
Ridley
King K. Rool
Incineroar
Piranha Plant
Joker
Byleth

VACCINE
Link
Luigi
Ness
Sheik
Zelda
Dr. Mario
Marth
Lucina
Young Link
Roy
Pit
Dark Pit
Lucario
Toon Link
Palutena
Shulk
Simon
Richter
Hero
Sephiroth

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Current tier list.

DATA
Mario
Donkey Kong
Samus
Yoshi
Fox
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Peach
Ice Climbers
Pichu
Falco
Chrom
Zero Suit Samus
Wario
Snake
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
King Dedede
Olimar
ROB
Villager
Little Mac
Mii Fighters
Pac-Man
Ken
Cloud
Corrin
Inkling
Isabelle
Banjo & Kazooie
Terry Bogard
Min Min
Steve / Alex

VIRUS
Dark Samus
Kirby
Daisy
Bowser
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Meta Knight
Ike
Lucas
Sonic the Hedgehog
Wolf
Greninja
Robin
Bowser Jr.
Duck Hunt
Ryu
Bayonetta
Ridley
King K. Rool
Incineroar
Piranha Plant
Joker
Byleth

VACCINE
Link
Luigi
Ness
Sheik
Zelda
Dr. Mario
Marth
Lucina
Young Link
Roy
Pit
Dark Pit
Lucario
Toon Link
Palutena
Shulk
Simon
Richter
Hero
Sephiroth
You'd think Dark Pit would be Virus. Also Sephiroth on Vaccine too?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Only because the Mario Kart team moved to developing Mario Kart Tour. Nintendo won't let this franchise rest even if Sakurai leaves.
And that was after they ported MK8 to the Switch in a deluxe package instead of working on a whole new MK9 for the console.

I know that there are people that hate that, but we got ARMS, so I'm not mad.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Sakurai keeps working on Smash so the world is never threatened with another Kid Icarus game.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

MoonGirard

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
Arc announced a new game.
www.resetera.com

Dungeon & Fighters - New Fighting game by Arc System Works announced.

In case it gets deleted: It's a fighting game adaptation of the South Korean MMORPG Dungeon and Fighters made by Nexon, also had a Japanese anime a few years ago. Game is developed by Arc System Works, 8tings (MVC 3!!) and Neople.

As someone who has played both DFO and Persona 5 and would love to see P5A I'm glad this is coming next cause it gives me a way to enjoy DFO again that isn't playing the grindfest MMO where Persona 5 at least has multiple ways to still enjoy it with Joker in Smash, the dancing games and scramble soon plus Royal is fun enough to replay without it being suffering like DFO.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has played both DFO and Persona 5 and would love to see P5A I'm glad this is coming next cause it gives me a way to enjoy DFO again that isn't playing the grindfest MMO where Persona 5 at least has multiple ways to still enjoy it with Joker in Smash, the dancing games and scramble soon plus Royal is fun enough to replay without it being suffering like DFO.
Oh if your a fan of the IP then I'm happy for you.

It's just a little disappointing as I've been wanting P5A(or a RWBY fighter) for a while now.

I imagine we're getting some new P5 spin-off next year though what with it being the series 25th anniversary so I'm not to down.

MoonGirard

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
Oh if your a fan of the IP then I'm happy for you.

It's just a little disappointing as I've been wanting P5A(or a RWBY fighter) for a while now.

I imagine we're getting some new P5 spin-off next year though what with it being the series 25th anniversary so I'm not to down.

Yea Luckily DFO is something I've spent hundreds of Hours playing so while I also would love to see a full blown RWBY fighter or P5A this is something I never expected to happen and love to see what they do with it.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Current tier list.

DATA
Mario
Donkey Kong
Samus
Yoshi
Fox
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff