Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Nope, not letting this die at the bottom of a page. You can't stop the love.

There's only like an hour left of the 25th on my end, but since a lot of people here are still only just entering Christmas mode, here's one more Happy Holidays from me! 💝

———

Want to treat yourself right this holiday season? Experience moon. If you can't spare any cash to purchase it right now, don't worry, you can enter this official Twitter giveaway to try and win a free copy!

Onion Games should consider sponsoring my forum posts; i'll unapologetically shill for moon any day

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are people expecting the Hunter from MH Rise for one of the remaining characters? I don't think that the Mii costume has come back yet.

So far the track record for Wii U/3DS Mii Costume promotes as DLC characters has been kind of abysmal, but there's three characters left and people have been expecting a Capcom rep of some kind since the first pass. Nothing reliable points to one happening though, so they're kind of in the same place as Lloyd (another notable costume yet to return) and basically any other video game character. Who can say?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm waiting for a physical copy to happen eventually
They did a physical copy. Japan-only and in a pricy collector's edition, but hey, it came with the English localisation!

I don't think Limited Run will pick it up personally, because it'd kinda defeat the purpose of the already limited edition Onion Games sold themselves. Hopefully i'm wrong though, I wouldn't mind getting a chance to pick up my own physical copy!

David Kjellson

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
So far the track record for Wii U/3DS Mii Costume promotes as DLC characters has been kind of abysmal, but there's three characters left and people have been expecting a Capcom rep of some kind since the first pass. Nothing reliable points to one happening though, so they're kind of in the same place as Lloyd (another notable costume yet to return) and basically any other video game character. Who can say?
I think that the next fighter will be the one from MH Rise. I actually thought that a MH character was a lock for a while since Rathalos was revealed. Perhaps they held it off until Rise.

Lloyd is an interesting one. I don't think it will happen, but Lloyd as a fighter would be a dream come true.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Which characters in Smash have met Santa in their games?

I... can't think of any...

Villager probably comes the closest, but Jingle isn't Santa, he's just one of Santa's helpers

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Villager probably comes the closest, but Jingle isn't Santa, he's just one of Santa's helpers
since Solid Snake ended up being the man who would best Big Boss in life, we can extend this to him having actually met Santa.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'd love a MH rep. The hunter was one of the few good things about Marvel vs Capcom infinite. Tons of potential as a smash character.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017

Bayonetta
Bayonetta-2-Santa-Rodin.jpg

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark

Bayonetta has.

Wonder-Bayonetta is an unlockable character in The Wonderful 101 and so is Wonder-Santa. And yes, it's THE Santa Claus. He's a superhero for the remaining 364 days of the year.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Working Designs will come back from the dead to publish a western physical release of Moon.

It comes with a puppet of Yoshida that makes Clinton jokes when you squeeze it for some reason.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well I got a gift card for a full priced Switch game...

Any suggestions? Luigi's Mansion 3 is one I've thought about but maybe trying something a bit more unusual.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Working Designs will come back from the dead to publish a western physical release of Moon.

It comes with a puppet of Yoshida that makes Clinton jokes when you squeeze it for some reason.
Outdated, inappropriate cultural references for the True Working Designs Experience.

For this special release, Victor Ireland will resurface just long enough to provide a single quote for a Gematsu article and then vanish into the ether again.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Nintendo ever gets around to making lower budget exprrimental Zelda games like the GB-DS-era, I'd honestly be down for a Zelda title with a Christmas motif.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
If Nintendo ever gets around to making lower budget exprrimental Zelda games like the GB-DS-era, I'd honestly be down for a Zelda title with a Christmas motif.
I'm not sure what Hylians would think about Christmas given they're a race named for their own goddess.

Well I got a gift card for a full priced Switch game...

Any suggestions? Luigi's Mansion 3 is one I've thought about but maybe trying something a bit more unusual.
What sort of game would be unusual for you?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That would be fun, especially if they give Link a nice red tunic. Maybe the villain would be Santa who was corrupted by Ganon and turned into Calamity Santa, who rides around on his sleigh over Hyrule dropping way too many gifts and drowning the kingdom in wrapping paper and bows

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OK, so here's my wishlist I guess, for who I want left. Series means I'd be happy for representation at all, but brackets is who I'd prefer.
  1. Resident Evil character (Jill)
  2. Tekken character (Heihachi)
  3. Ryu Hayabusa
  4. Soulcalibur character (Sophitia)
  5. Lyndis
  6. Pyra/Mythra

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
People say Byleth replaced MH but couldn't the part about the MH team not wanting MH in the game be pure speculation just because they were unhappy with MvCI? What if Nintendo made a deal for MH but since Rise was nowhere near ready to launch in time for a promo the deal fell through for them to be in the base roster or DLC wave 1. What if they always planned to add more MH content but they had to delay it till Fighters Pass 2 to make it go along with Rise? They couldn't remove Rathalos because they would be a boss short for the base game's launch so they left that in and a song as a bare minimum for more to come when Rise was ready. When they decided on wave 2 they decided to move MH to that while reusing some of their code to a character that fit the bill and was easy to get and close out Fighters Pass 1, aka Byleth. First party. Last minute replacement. We assumed Fighters Pass 1 would be all third party. What if it was at one point? Byleth is MH light while the real MH was postponed to FP2.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
People say Byleth replaced MH but couldn't the part about the MH team not wanting MH in the game be pure speculation just because they were unhappy with MvCI? What if Nintendo made a deal for MH but since Rise was nowhere near ready to launch in time for a promo the deal fell through for them to be in the base roster or DLC wave 1. What if they always planned to add more MH content but they had to delay it till Fighters Pass 2 to make it go along with Rise? They couldn't remove Rathalos because they would be a boss short for the base game's launch so they left that in and a song as a bare minimum for more to come when Rise was ready. When they decided on wave 2 they decided to move MH to that while reusing some of their code to a character that fit the bill and was easy to get and close out Fighters Pass 1, aka Byleth. First party. Last minute replacement. We assumed Fighters Pass 1 would be all third party. What if it was at one point? Byleth is MH light while the real MH was postponed to FP2.
It's not speculation given the source that a scrapped character had concepts recycled into Byleth. It is speculation that the character in question was a Monster Hunter. But it's also not speculation that the MH team at Capcom are historically reticent toward the idea of a playable Monster Hunter in crossovers in general. And it doesn't sound like they were particularly thrilled with the MvCI MH.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
It's not speculation given the source that a scrapped character had concepts recycled into Byleth. It is speculation that the character in question was a Monster Hunter. But it's also not speculation that the MH team at Capcom are historically reticent toward the idea of a playable Monster Hunter in crossovers in general. And it doesn't sound like they were particularly thrilled with the MvCI MH.
Yes, we know the MH team did not like MH's inclusion in MvCI but we're just speculating that this would be the case with Smash. We don't know for sure. What I am saying is even if Byleth is based on MH that doesn't mean that MH is completely dead. They may just have been looking for a quick replacement because when they decided on FP2 they decided that MH would be better served way later to go along with MHR.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
That's very possible though I would not put 100% stock on it

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also, I think I remember people mentioning before that Sonic's music selection in this game is bad. ?!?!? It's probably got one of the best of any franchise in Smash. Green Hill Zone, Sonic Boom, Super Sonic Racing, Open Your Heart, Live & Learn and Seven Rings In Hand.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd be cool if Nero joins Smash instead of Dante. Nero has a more approachable moveset and the grappling mechanic could be interesting, Red queen's engine too, or the diverse robot arms. Devil Trigger ost too.

OK I'm sold lol
The only downside is that Nero doesn't satisfy the Nintendo courtesy........yet.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno what your taste is but there's usually some kind of decent sale on the eShop, so you can pick up some stuff now and save the rest of your credit for later
www.resetera.com

NA eShop Deals (12/24): Holiday Sales, Cook, Serve, Delicious 3, Cuphead, Gonner2, Octopath Traveler, Trails of Cold Steel III, Wilmot's Warehouse Sales

I've still got a bit more to go through, but I'll get that later. Sorry for the delays. Happy Holidays. Switch 3D Billiards: Pool & Snooker - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/8 3D MiniGolf - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/8 9 Monkeys of Shaolin - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 1/2 36 Fragments of Midnight - $2.00 -...
www.dekudeals.com

eShop Sales | Deku Deals

On sale, in the eShop, right now - see the full list, sign up for sale alerts, and more with Deku Deals

Last edited:

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Happy holidays all. I hope you all got what you wanted.

Also, I think I remember people mentioning before that Sonic's music selection in this game is bad. ?!?!? It's probably got one of the best of any franchise in Smash. Green Hill Zone, Sonic Boom, Super Sonic Racing, Open Your Heart, Live & Learn and Seven Rings In Hand.
Yeah and that's all it's really had since Brawl.

It also doesn't have any new arrangements.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it was only in Link to the Past when the three goddesses and such really started to form.

I love oddities in early series games like this, when you can tell they haven't really found their footing in a lot of places. Like Final Fantasy 1 just straight up having elves.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Happy holidays all. I hope you all got what you wanted.
So the villain behind this Christmas being happy but frugal is myself's unambitious aims. That's a great self-esteem boost there, Vatek. /s2

I think I reinvented a new level of cringe today. This year, to save it from tears, I'll give it to my up special. There. We're back on topic.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually surprised Castlevania got away with as much as it did on the NES & SNES given how strict Nintendo was in those days.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
How would Zagreus in Smash work? Do you get random boons the longer you stay alive making you stronger and you reset to default moves when you lose a stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.