• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Next DT Subtitle?

• Playing stocks over time

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 3 Stocks remaining

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • To be Continued...

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Amiibo Theory or Bust

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Your Smashing days are coming to an end

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I can Be Your One Winged Angel or Devil

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • The Unknown DLC will Continued

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I think stringing along a fanbase in a manner akin to a cult leader, leading to tons of spam, hostility, and the Geno thread being locked over and over probably made the mods say "this guy isn't worth it."

The irony being he was once a mod.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Tweek's Sephiroth is insane, its a shame this character gets fucked up by rushdown because i don't see him getting past in person Pikachus, Roys and Foxes. also who is fatman

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like "Sonic and Tails" is a pop culture pairing akin to Mario and Luigi, Ryu and Ken, Cloud and Sephiroth, etc. I'm not a huge fan of Tails (my first pick would be Eggman), but I wonder if Tails has a chance.

I started thinking about Tails when Sephiroth fulfilled an old Melee fantasy many people had, since Sonic and Tails was another dream people had back then, as evident in the infamous April Fools joke EGM ran, where you could unlock the duo by beating Cruel Melee. Brawl later made Sonic a reality, but what of his twirly-tailed sidekick who dabbles in mechs and planes?

His Mii costume was added in April 2019 during Fighter Pass 1. Isn't next year a celebration of some sort for Sonic? Wasn't Tails teased for the live-action movie sequel? Just spitballing here. I could already picture a Sakurai screen of Sonic and Tails with the Knuckles AT. And I would welcome a nighttime Sonic level like Chemical Plant.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Did Imran Khan hint something?
He was here earlier long enough to say that Byleth was originally planned for the base roster, but due to various delays was pushed out to DLC, and that part of Byleth's moveset was taken from a scrapped character that the dev team had to drop. People are speculating that this scrapped character was Monster Hunter, but there's no proof in any way and Imran won't say more than what he's already said.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Did Imran Khan hint something?
Basically Byleth was planned for the base game and some moveset ideas from a character that got turned down due to negotiations went to them. Speculation has lead us to believe it was probably Monster Hunter but nothing concrete. Also small tidbits like Sephiroth being cheaper than usual and Min Min getting in because Nintendo characters are easier to work with.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Not even sure but they mad a announcement over there that says he got banned for a indefinite period of time. I bet it is the fake insider business.
I was curious, but didn't see the post notification that he had been banned. All I see is his last few posts in the Geno thread where he's talking about Imran's comments about Byleth over here.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Fatman will never be defeated
hqdefault4xky5.jpg

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
The Byleth information is interesting because I never thought that using multiple weapons fit Byleth very well or was a great representation of Three Houses. Byleth should really have brawling and holy magic in my opinion. The brawling animations in Three Houses are so cool, I would have liked to see stuff like that.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know all the talks of Sephiroth giving us recency bias for future characters being from already repped franchises can be tiring but imagine if this guy actually got in

2125678-yup4g.png

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For realzies after Imran said Square was offering Sephiroth for a lower price than usual kind of has me wondering what other companies would try something like that and Atlus offering Yu Narukami for dirt cheap because they still love milking Persona 4 does seem like something they'd do. Granted there's the Mii Costume and existing Persona 4 content but I feel that's what would make his inclusion even more outrageous. I dunno I almost would like to see Yu actually make it in if only because I feel it would cause visceral reactions on both sides. Especially if he ends up being the final character and we cap off with the Persona 5 protag starting the DLC and Persona 4 possibly ending it.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
For realzies after Imran said Square was offering Sephiroth for a lower price than usual kind of has me wondering what other companies would try something like that and Atlus offering Yu Narukami for dirt cheap because they still love milking Persona 4 does seem like something they'd do. Granted there's the Mii Costume and existing Persona 4 content but I feel that's what would make his inclusion even more outrageous. I dunno I almost would like to see Yu actually make it in if only because I feel it would cause visceral reactions on both sides. Especially if he ends up being the final character and we cap off with the Persona 5 protag starting the DLC and Persona 4 possibly ending it.
All I can say is, poor Minato (and Minako by extension)

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know all the talks of Sephiroth giving us recency bias for future characters being from already repped franchises can be tiring but imagine if this guy actually got in

2125678-yup4g.png
SMT Hero, Demi Fiend or Jack Frost would be a better choice, and I like P4.

i played the tales of berseria demo and was immediately met with a skit where the male party members try to explain to the Little Magic Baby that all women are lying snakes that will use their tears and wiles to manipulate men without remorse only for the female party members to explain to the Little Magic Baby that all men are disgusting pigs

seems like Good Writing(tm)

the gameplay also seemed pretty braindead which a few of my friends who've beaten it can corroborate
Wow, I know you've brought this up a few times before, but I just now realized there was a demo, and you weren't lying. That skit was... something. Velvet also told the guys that if they don't shut up, she'll eat them. I guess that's someone's fetish over there.

I'm hearing Fatman has been defeated. Only took so many years
Finally.

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Random lukewarm take: the Crisis Core version of One Winged Angel is the best one.

I love the use of violins and xylophone in the beginning, before it transitions to the classic opening notes. Really gives it a whimsical yet sinister feeling, which works well with the Augurs Of Spring influence.

I get why they went with the Advent Children version, though, so I can't complain really.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Random lukewarm take: the Crisis Core version of One Winged Angel is the best one.

I love the use of violins and xylophone in the beginning, before it transitions to the classic opening notes. Really gives it a whimsical yet sinister feeling, which works well with the Augurs Of Spring influence.

I get why they went with the Advent Children version, though, so I can't complain really.

They really avoid most of crisis core anymore sadly

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
The Crisis Core and Remake versions of OWA just make me feel like Square should have stopped way before, or at least come up with an alternative theme for Sephiroth. The Carmina Burana inspired melodic opera no longer is mind-blowing, particularly in an age when orchestrated soundtracks are the norm and not the exception.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a dream that was so convoluted I don't think trying to describe it in its full glory here would count as on-topic. It involved a Sega crossover with DC and soccer, and school kids, and time travel, and free pizza, and Eggman channeling Palpatine.

The important part is that Smash would greatly benefit from having a pizza level.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The Crisis Core and Remake versions of OWA just make me feel like Square should have stopped way before, or at least come up with an alternative theme for Sephiroth. The Carmina Burana inspired melodic opera no longer is mind-blowing, particularly in an age when orchestrated soundtracks are the norm and not the exception.

The Remake version is waaaaay too bombastic. They really want to replicate the feeling of hearing One Winged Angel for the first time in 1997 but it's really over the top.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Dancing Mad to One Winged Angel, but the final part doesn't work if you don't have the crescendo from the first three fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.