• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Pokemon remixes in base Ultimate were kind of trash though imo...

Zinnia's the exception. But like they ruined Gladion's.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Do you think the next fighters pass will top the first pass? (including PP)?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not understand why someone would feel that way tbh. Not problem with it, just need some kind of explanation.

You know how someone complains about something and then you go "yeah, that's why I like it" or something like that?

Amplify that to absurd heights with every aspect of Hollow Knight (except one: the cash retrieval mechanic is pretty tacked on) and you've got where I'm at.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I assume it would still continue with a Mario vs. Donkey Kong branding? Never did get to play those.

And now I'm visualizing what a modern, but also full 3D, version of Donkey Kong would look like...
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is effective the Mini-Mario series at this point. A game like what I'm thinking of would be better served just being a Donkey Kong game.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I do not understand why someone would feel that way tbh. Not problem with it, just need some kind of explanation.

It has the proportions of a Zelda BOTW race lol. Lanky but then has creepy baby legs.
Well some comes down to some of my personal feelings toward BOTW and Mario Odyessy.

I didn't like Mario Odyessy. And BOTW I feel is a good game but has a stuff I don't like, especially it being a game I don't like replaying, which is the biggest criticism that can come from me.

Link's Awakenkng, she mentioned that she's a completionist. And that the extra content took away a lot from the game rather then added to it. I am not one so I can see why she would like Star Allies batter then these 3 games.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
You know how someone complains about something and then you go "yeah, that's why I like it" or something like that?

Amplify that to absurd heights with every aspect of Hollow Knight (except one: the cash retrieval mechanic is pretty tacked on) and you've got where I'm at.

You probably didn't mind how a lot of the map has similar aesthetics. The world looking like it was made in a stage builder bugged me but its not going to bother most people I think because it had a lot of arenas that kind of required that type of platform design (the Colosseum battles were one of the best parts because its kind of the only place in the game with a dynamic/shifting arena).

Well some comes down to some of my personal feelings toward BOTW and Mario Odyessy.

I didn't like Mario Odyessy. And BOTW I feel is a good game but has a stuff I don't like, especially it being a game I don't like replaying, which is the biggest criticism that can come from me.

Link's Awakenkng, she mentioned that she's a completionist. And that the extra content took away a lot from the game rather then added to it. I am not one so I can see why she would like Star Allies batter then these 3 games.

Fair enough. Mario and Zelda definitely took a turn to appeal to absolutely everyone with how much stuff is scattered around the maps that anyone can accomplish something.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You probably didn't mind how a lot of the map has similar aesthetics. The world looking like it was made in a stage builder bugged me but its not going to bother most people I think because it had a lot of arenas that kind of required that type of platform design (the Colosseum battles were one of the best parts because its kind of the only place in the game with a dynamic/shifting arena).

why are you trying to hurt me

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
why are you trying to hurt me

im not, just interesting how some aspects are both loved or hated depending who you ask.
Its no secret Ienjoyed Ori more despite its own issues. The sequel is building on that organic movement too because I accidentally saw a clip of a new mechanic that
lets him slide around some curved surfaces, even upside down
which is the polar opposite in approach to HK's rigid but tight combat and platforming.

(I also think HK is still an easy 9/10 and Ori 9.5)

Last edited:

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

Him and Dante are getting in tho
xZ4Kt2c.png

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
After what seemed like a several month long saga of frustrating Japanese bureaucracy, Pushdustin finally got married

Congrats to him and his wife!

It feels weird to see Push talked about like some kind of distant celebrity like this; I used to see him from time to time on the same social threads that I hung out on at Smashboards a couple years back before his life gradually got busier to the point he stopped posting.

Good to see he's been making the most of it since then. Not so good to see that people have been making it more difficult for him to do that, LOL.

PushDustIn congrats on getting hitched! Hope you find a good place to live soon.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

I'm kind of like that with Mother 3, Dark Souls, and now Hollow Knight too.

I guess that's the sign of me truly loving a perfect game, when I lose the ability to understand even mild criticisms and become a raving fanatic.

(The same would probably also be the case for the first two Katamari games, except I've literally never seen anyone say a bad word about either in any capacity because everyone's in universal agreement that they're flawless.)

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
it's weird ultimate base added only 1 new 3rd party after 2 in brawl and 4

monster Hunter rayman and bomberman were 3 options as things in that could have got a character

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
monster Hunter
rayman
bomberman
tales of
tekken
geomon
undertale
cuphead
resident evil
river city
metal slug
art of fighting
samsho
virtua fighter
warframe

assassins creed
rabbits

I believe thats evrey non character 3rd party rep in smash history

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Man, imagine someone from that time seeing the current roster.
brawl with the modern roster

bayo replaces by Dante she didn't exist yet

joker replaced by person 3 or 4 protag
hero having 9 as main one?
robin lucins crom corrin Byleth replaced by older fire emblem characters
shulk replaced by Isaac from golden sun
Isabelle replaced by Tom nook
incernour and greninja replaced by gen 3 and 4 Pokemon

there are some characters who existed then but might not make sense either timeline wise like rosalina or moveset wise like palutena

Jan 8, 2018
brawl era had the most intresting character culture tbh

was much more 1st party focused

No kidding. Not to look back with entirely rose-colored glasses but Brawl speculation felt as though the sky was the limit, and all sorts of neat characters suddenly felt possible. The focus was on speculating what each one would bring to the table, not on trying to appear more "right" than internet strangers by building up some characters as likely and relevant moneymakers for Nintendo while tearing others down as internet memes. People got disappointed when they convinced themselves the roster actually was going to be like 45-50 characters but hell, if it weren't for the SSE, it might've been. And as is, IMO, Brawl's new additions still were pound-for-pound the best in terms of overall quality across each installment.

Now if you'll excuse me, back to just throwing out random unfocused third party names for MUGEN, err, Ultimate DLC.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
UH, what? The only grass starter in-game is pokemon trainer

Rillaboom has more of a chance than Cinderace(after Incineroar) and Intellion(after Greninja)
Sakurai doesnt do quota fullfilling by Types. Incineroar was picked over Decidueye lol.

I do wonder which Gen 8 mon is best for Sakurai from gameplay perspective. He favored grappler over archer.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
This is a mod I can get behind

Bowser's colors in Ultimate are strangely dark compared to the other Mario characters (especially Bowser Jr.); it doesn't even really match his render.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon not having a new stage in the base game is the only thing convincing me that Pokemon will be on the Fighters Pass.

This is a mod I can get behind

Bowser's colors in Ultimate are strangely dark compared to the other Mario characters (especially Bowser Jr.); it doesn't even really match his render.

I wish I could completely obliterate Mario's Waluigi color and replace it with this.

gamebanana.com

Fire Mario [Super Smash Bros. Ultimate] [Mods]

A Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (SSBU) Mod in the Mario category, submitted by vEstevo

The colors may be too dark, but I'll freaking take it, damn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.