Status
Not open for further replies.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Holy shit, Leo did it!!!!!

I actually counted him at during game 4, but then I remembered that you can NEVER count Leo out lol

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
At this rate, we could be looking at Tweek vs Leo for Grand Finals.

It would be EVO all over again, Leo's in losers again and Tweek even brought out Pokemon Trainer just to make it complete.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Was looking for a comp Ultimate talk thread for a while, didn't know you were all out here on the DLC thread lmao.

Anyways, Frostbite has been such an insane tourney with all these damn upsets, I feel for Nairo especially, back to back S-tiers getting 9th after misinputing against a Top 10 player that got upset on winners (Gluto and now Leo).

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Was looking for a comp Ultimate talk thread for a while, didn't know you were all out here on the DLC thread lmao.

Anyways, Frostbite has been such an insane tourney with all these damn upsets, I feel for Nairo especially, back to back S-tiers getting 9th after misinputing against a Top 10 player that got upset on winners (Gluto and now Leo).
He should make a high sub goal for Changing Mains. I bet he'll reach that goal instantly

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nah Palu's fine but he should consider a secondary. Hell secondaries should be considered on more players tbh

Antydotes

One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2017
A bit early, but does anyone think we'll see physical cards in store for Fighter Pass 2?

I like collecting the cards for the DLC I get when possible (Pokken, FE, Fighter Pass 1, etc.).

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I wish he'd change mains

I find watching Palutena to be unbelievably boring
Same. Im Surprised how stubborn he's been about maining Palutena. Sure he's gotten some results but not nearly enough to justify it.
At least have a secondary, I remember he used Joker once and that's it. He lost the match but it was more on him then the other playing being better

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If you ask me considering how the games balanced and how intricate some matchups can be I think this game is going to be counterpicked focused in the future. There's a reason Leo is still dominating but got handily beaten and sent to Losers

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I will never get tired of watching Tea's Pac Man fuckery. Those clutch bell throws are nuts

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
If you ask me considering how the games balanced and how intricate some matchups can be I think this game is going to be counterpicked focused in the future. There's a reason Leo is still dominating but got handily beaten and sent to Losers
With such a vast roster and all the different styles of play I'm surprised it's not been more common an occurrence.
But maybe it's a case of the game being out there long enough for players to get comfortable with more than a single character at a high level.

remember when Pichu was top tier?

:(
Mercifully that nightmare is over, that forward tilt still gives me nightmares.

I will never get tired of watching Tea's Pac Man fuckery. Those clutch bell throws are nuts
Definitely up there for me in how impressive I find the amount of character knowledge needed to play a character like Pac so well.
All those fruit properties, the hydrant health and knowing the angles, whew boy.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
6 (including PP) DLC Fighters and only Joker made an impact in the competitive scene.

shame. Well maybe Byleth has a chance as a secondary.
Hero Dropped off before
Banjo I've seen used as a secondary and
Terry doesn't seem to be anyone's taste. Except Locus

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Reposting my picks for the contest here, because why not.

I'm just picking characters I want and not who I necessarily expect will win.
  1. KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
  2. Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)
  3. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
  4. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  5. 2B (Nier: Automata)
  6. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
Stages:
  1. Encephalon (Xenosaga)
  2. Traveling stage: Hakurei Shrine to Sariel's Domain (Touhou)
  3. Ushimitsu High School (FDC)
  4. Hayabusa Village (Ninja Gaiden)
  5. City Ruins (Nier: Automata)
  6. No More Heroes Hotel (No More Heroes)

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Here's what I went for predictions:

1. Dante
2. Sol Badguy
3. Kazuma Kiryu
4. Toxtricity
5. Travis Touchdown
6. 2B

I think I did a good job balancing my wants with realistic choices. I refuse to pick any other Gen 8 Pokemon, Urshifu is lame.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
JESUS TWEEK

giphy.gif

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Why do Smash tournaments insist on Best 3 out of 5 when the individual matches can go seven minutes?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please end this nightmare Tea, don't let it go to game 4

dang it, now this is going to game 5 for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.