IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
guJGdtQ.png

Welcome to the "Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion Official Thread", and also our temporary Super Smash Bros. Community Thread. I know that I'm not the only one that would love to speculate about upcoming Smash Bros, so that's why I want to make a thread for most smash fans who would like to discuss such a topic. A special part about this thread is that it is also an opportunity to co-exist with the Super Smash Bros. community in general. Basically, we can also discuss aspects of Super Smash Bros, Sakurai, etc. Please keep in mind that this thread is just a temporary Super Smash Bros Community thread, so there wouldn't be one until after Smash NX get released.

The purposes of this thread?
It's a place for Smash fans to:

• Discuss the upcoming Smash Bros., via Smash NX.
  • Get together and discuss the Super Smash Bros. franchise
  • Discuss elements of the franchise, such as visual designs, character rosters, stage rosters, etc.
  • Discuss about Sakurai, as well as his developer & game design philosophy
  • Discuss Smash Bros. articles and Sakurai's articles
  • To keep Smash NX discussions out of NX threads, and keep Smash NX discussion in a dedicated thread much as possible. I know a few people were annoyed with NX threads being derailed by Smash Bros. discussions.
  • and more.

Upcoming Smash

What we know so far:

Let me emphasize that what we already know is basically rumors from reliable source(s). We don't have any idea on what to expect from Sakurai, Nintendo and Smash NX, other than the game is planned to be one of launch titles for upcoming console, NX.

The initial tweets regarding Smash NX came from one of the most reliable sources, known as Dr. Serkan Toto. He has been correct regarding numerous Nintendo rumors as far as I know. He broke the initial rumor on January 28, 2016.

Another source is Emily Rogers. I'm not sure if she heard the rumor from her own source, or just repeated what she heard from Dr. Toto. Hopefully we will get some kind of clarification on that.

Smash Bros. Franchise

I would get into discussions about the Smash Bros. franchise right now, but I think it will come in the future.

It's the best site for very reliable informations related to Smash Bros, Sakurai, etc. If you want to find certain information, then this best place to start. It's our Smash Bible.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread
A great place for people who really enjoy discussing Super Smash Bros. Melee's competitive nature.

Don't forget to watch this thread!

Credits:
The amazing banner was done by Roo

nHy78pb.png

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, everyone. I hope there will be a lot of Smash speculation, and that I will be able to participate... and that Switch devs don't abandon 8-player mode, cause it was a great p-p-p-p-p-p-p-party breaker in my experience - while its reputation online doesn't seem to be equivalent. Hey, at least you Switch owners seemingly already got the GC pad adapter working, correct?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Oh my god, it's so nice to be back. (This is Balladofwindfishes, went with a name change)

And of course this all goes down RIGHT AFTER Nintendo adds GCN controller support to the Switch

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I don't see why they'd add GCN controller support if something Smash related wasn't coming very soon.

The Pokken controller was compatible about a month before Pokken came out. While I don't expect Smash to be out that soon, it might be closer than we think?

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
We already know it's coming, we just don't know when. I hope it IS soon since my Wii U is literally just a Smash machine right now.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, now this is my kind of thread!

Considering we haven't heard about the Smash U port since before footage of Splatoon 2 was shown, I've been increasingly thinking that they simply took Smash 4 as a base and are moving on to a new title. Smash games tend to build off of past titles for a while in development before they come into their own, if Splatoon 2 was assessed to be a port then my working theory is that both were caught in early development and moved on to being full titles between the time the source found out the information and the time they shared it. Splatoon had an absurdly quick turnaround time in the first place so a sequel releasing in that amount of time is reasonable, meanwhile Smash tends to take it's time before releasing. I'm not personally expecting it to show up until at least E3 and most likely it won't release until well after.

But in the meanwhile, maybe we can bring back roster season. It's always fun to have a phase of speculating who has the best chances building up hype for a year or two before a reveal. :D

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017
Ah it's good to be back. Ready to wait through the madness and watch all of you get your hopes illogically high (except Beef who knows how this works).Only 1 more year of waiting left. . .maybe.

Still hoping for Ridley and Viridi. Still knowing they won't ever happen.
Hi Coricus :D

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Ah it's good to be back. Ready to wait through the madness and watch all of you get your hopes illogically high (except Beef who knows how this works).Only 1 more year of waiting left. . .maybe.

Still hoping for Ridley and Viridi. Still knowing they won't ever happen.

Hi Coricus :D
'Sup Zebei! :D Hopefully I can get to know the community here at least half as well as I do the Social crew.

My position is squarely on wanting Inkling and Tails. I know exactly which one is realistic and which isn't, LOL.

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I can't get too excited about the GC update meaning anything for smash.

It's not still in production right? I would think it's just them trying to get all of their old hardware working. Plus, it doesn't work with a few games apparently which isn't exactly a great sign. I admit it's weird that they are making updates for a niche product like that, but I wouldn't get too excited when it doesn't working for everything. And I wouldn't get too excited for GC VC either if it's true that analog triggers still have no way to be read.

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017
What games don't work with the GC controller? I haven't actually tested the update for myself.
I can't quite remember because i'm not nearly as much of a GC fan as everyone else seems to be, but I remember some games clearly did not have controls set up for it like FE:warriors, and apparently it doesn't even take inputs for splatoon 2.

Nirbion

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the shoutout <3
And Sakurai, I'm ready for your new wild ride, port or not. Bring it on!

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's a new game because I want the Roster Contest runback.

Glad to see you guys made the jump.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
The wait for a new Smash announcement really is something else. Can't wait for the ride to start up again.

MisterDodo

Oct 25, 2017
United States
If things go as they have been from Melee to Brawl, and Brawl to 4, it may be until 2019 at worst until we get any concrete. Still, I hope they don't gut Rosalina too hard. It's inevitable, but she's super fun to play and work around in my opinion.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
So that Animal Crossing mobile game got me thinking--will the mobile Nintendo titles like Super Mario Run and what have you be represented as any normal Nintendo title would? I would think so.

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
So that Animal Crossing mobile game got me thinking--will the mobile Nintendo titles like Super Mario Run and what have you be represented as any normal Nintendo title would? I would think so.
I think it ultimately depends on Quality there. So far we've only seen little apps. I mean most of the Mario Run stages are pretty easy to remake in Mario Maker, so unless there's major content of note, I doubt it. I may change my mind if we see a completely original IP just for phones, but at that point, I'd be more worried for Ninty.

MisterDodo

Oct 25, 2017
United States
DDD Smash 4 main checking in.
Please send help.
Whenever I face DDDs, I always seem to get bopped. I think it's a rolling issue, because I'm too accustomed to running away from people online. With DDD's big hitboxes, rolling in and flailing about leads to easy reads and death.

Still, DDD mains deserve a bit of pity. Hopefully he's better in future installments; after all, he's supposed to be already perfect.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017

Trophies are their best bet I feel and even then that's just for Fire Emblem because of the OCs.
I don't really see anything for Pokemon Go or Mario Run and I'm not an Animal Crossing person so I'm in the dark on if the mobile game has anything new that could feasibly be a trophy.