• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Is Game Trials a monthly service?
I feel like Nintendo is doing a lot of these this year

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
I don't know if anyone else was wondering about this, but I thought I had seen some takes about how the sky world in The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild seemed potentially like a separate thing, or a more isolated back-in-time part. I think I have confirmation that my theory about it being integrated with the whole world is correct:

NLfeKP0.jpg

It looks like the big mushroom area is below in this screenshot, and the left-middle chunk has a triangle that looks like it slots back into the ground below! Just thought that was neat. Everybody else may already be on the same page about this, just thought it was interesting.
Theres been some analysis of the ground here, and everything is the same as breath of the wild; the caynon even has the windmills that exist in BOTW1. Its pretty unclear where these floating islands but they dont seem to be part of the original BOTW map raised up.
0d044b7bc4a6039b2a8fa04a118863b5.jpg

GameBoy conspiracy DEBUNKED
It's an old screenshot
hell of a find..how do you even go about finding a random page of a magazine i never even heard of? (GBX was a UK based magazine that ran 11 issues from 2001-2002)

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
0d044b7bc4a6039b2a8fa04a118863b5.jpg

GameBoy conspiracy DEBUNKED
It's an old screenshot

78f5c77968306687d114d3ff836c490d.gif

It's dead, jimbo

Is Game Trials a monthly service?
I feel like Nintendo is doing a lot of these this year

It's about time they announced the latest, and honestly these game trials would be cooler if they were at least more consistent with running them on a regular basis. The last one we had was Overcooked 2 in February. This one is only the second one of the year since they started the Game Trials thing

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Ok here is some irony for you.

You know how all these people complain about Joy Con Drift Issues? Me, having had this Switch since Day 1, zero problems. None. Niente. Nada. And j would say 50% of my gaming is I handheld mode.

Funnily enough I have started to experience The Drift (tm) now - on my goddamn Pro Controller.

Every now and then it will just default to left input when I am not even pressing anything. Re-syncing the controller or restarting the Switch from Standby helps most of the time. There has been times when the issue only happened in-game, some where it happened on home screen and in-game. Real weird.

I hope it is my Pro Controller and not my Switch at least. The last time a gadget started generating input by itself when there was none it was my 2DS... I sent that in for repairs at Nintendo (warranty was still up) and turns out the main board was fried.

But then again this hasn't happened yet with the Joy Con so...

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
E3 and Metroid are old news. It's been a whole week since Nintendo announced any new games. When's the next Direct, Nintendo?!

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Do you believe personally (or might even heard something) if anything is planned in regards to that meeting?

EA for example always puts their guns out shortly before their investor meeting (for example with Battlefield, Battlefront etc.)?

I would speculate that they could potentially consider mentioning revision release plans around then -- either immediately prior or within a 7-day window following -- far from a guarantee, howevere. I'd further speculate Nintendo may have delayed prior announcement plans due to the leaks of a pre-E3 reveal.

Nate was planning a new podcast episode for this week, right? Not that there's a ton of Nintendo stuff that they didn't cover, just interesting in hearing the guys' full E3 thoughts.
I want to hear NateDrake 's thought on Metroid Dread.
We still plan to do a full E3 thoughts/recap this week. MVG has been traveling, so we'll set something up soon.

We discussed Dread thoughts a bit on the Nintendo Direct reaction. May delve a bit deeper on the next planned discussion.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
78f5c77968306687d114d3ff836c490d.gif

It's dead, jimbo

It's about time they announced the latest, and honestly these game trials would be cooler if they were at least more consistent with running them on a regular basis. The last one we had was Overcooked 2 in February. This one is only the second one of the year since they started the Game Trials thing
I think they more games than that this year, Descenders and even YsVIII ? (Not sure about Ys).

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
I would speculate that they could potentially consider mentioning revision release plans around then -- either immediately prior or within a 7-day window following -- far from a guarantee, howevere. I'd further speculate Nintendo may have delayed prior announcement plans due to the leaks of a pre-E3 reveal.
Nate, without knowing precisely what Nintendo's announcement plans are, would you say it's time for our members to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Been on a mission lately to collect some of the 3DS games I missed before they're lost forever. I've actually been looking in Gamestops despite not going into them for years, but have had no luck... until I just walked into a random Gamestop and bought new copies of Warioware Gold, Hey! Pikmin, Fire Emblem Echoes, Luigi's Mansion, and Monster Hunter Stories lmao. Even they were shocked they still had them.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
I've heard Shin Megami Tensei games are hard. Exactly how hard are we talking about? I dislike most hard games unless they're retro games and even then not really.

It's not that it's hard, it's more there is a learning curve that you need to go through. Like it's all about exploiting enemy weaknesses and being aware of your own and once you understand that it's just strategizing in who and what to attack. And I think they added enough QOL stuff, in the last few games, that it should be pretty straight forward.

Also there's an easy mode which I think will help most people.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Folks, Ender Lilies on Switch is pretty good. If you're into 2D Souls-likes/Metroidvanias, you might wanna check it out. It looks stunning on the Switch's screen, too.

Reeyah-zoorah

Jun 1, 2021
Maybe we should start a new bet on whether BotW2 releases in 2022, like Aonuma says they are "aiming for," or is delayed into 2023 heheheh

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Folks, Ender Lilies on Switch is pretty good. If you're into 2D Souls-likes/Metroidvanias, you might wanna check it out. It looks stunning on the Switch's screen, too.

Not a big fan of metroidvania genre (way too many games out there) but I'd eat up anything hand drawn 2D. This one is on my radar, waiting for some reviews before my decision.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Ah, you're right. Turns out Overcooked 2 was the last game North America got, because we can't have nice things like Game Trials or vouchers🙃

Wait you are from the US? Idk why your Avatar made me think you're German... xD

But yeah you are right. Never quite understood why the Vouchers were discontinued in the US. I mean I still think it's kinda shitty that you need to have an active NSO membership even when redeeming the second one even if that's months after you first bought it... but well. Better than not having them at all.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo didn't even include BotW 2 in their E3 wrap-up image below, despite having no issue promoting the game as their showcloser and a 2022 title elsewhere. So yes, the lack of a logo and title is likely what's stopping them.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd further speculate Nintendo may have delayed prior announcement plans due to the leaks of a pre-E3 reveal.

I think we've heard Nintendo is known to do this in the past which sucks. It means we were so close to seeing the Pro. But we still shouldn't be too far off if they were will to announce it prior to E3. It would've meant it is releasing probably by September if they revealed it in June.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Wait you are from the US? Idk why your Avatar made me think you're German... xD

But yeah you are right. Never quite understood why the Vouchers were discontinued in the US. I mean I still think it's kinda shitty that you need to have an active NSO membership even when redeeming the second one even if that's months after you first bought it... but well. Better than not having them at all.

Canadian, but I only have the German flag over my avatar because that's my team for the Euro Cup 😋 Already won a friendly bet with my co-worker over their last match with Portugal, so now my boss' newborn of Greek-Italian parentage gets to wear a German onesie ahaha

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Time for some quick thread math. In the past five days, we have only gone through 38 pages. At this rate, we will finish thread in 16-17 days, which is July 8/9. If we do make it that long, then the next thread is all but guaranteed to make it to the release of Skyward Sword (even if the Pro is announced in that timeframe!), so "Wii's Ports" can be used for OT 25. If the Pro is announced before then, obviously we will finish this thread quite quickly, but then can probably expect another slowdown, so again, "Wii's Ports" can be used for OT 25. So really, the only situation where "Wii's Ports" is not a safe bet for OT 25 is if this thread accelerates and ends earlier without a Pro announcement.

TL;DR b3llydrum let's keep tracking how quickly this thread moves but at this stage it's looking like OT 25 can be "Wii's Ports".
Yes that sounds awesome to me because that's the most clever title I've heard for any OT yet

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.