Aug 17, 2022
Mario Party could be a mega franchise. Not quite as big as Mario Kart, but it's there for the taking. Yet they continue to make crazy unintuitive design decisions and treat the property poorly. This should be THE game that gets busted out at parties that everyone can enjoy. It should be a 30 million+ seller.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You know, Mario party has been a real comeback story on switch. Super was barebones and had rough maps but 2v2 board mode was a real hit with my family and the minigames were first class along with the skeleton being sound. Superstars was a perfect encapsulation of the 64 era and showed they still understood it, albeit was a board short of being solid(and could've had more tbh).
Now Jamboree has: the largest roster, 7 boards that all seem super unique and even have exclusive items, the most items ever, the most minigames and a ton of amazing looking side modes

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn they really gonna make me get this huh

I'll prolly get rid of Superstars in that case, I don't need two party games

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
This looks great!

Superstars was a return to form. I'm hoping the right lessons were learned from their time revisiting what made the original 3 (really 2, and 3 mostly) Mario party games fantastic.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally buying a new Mario Party again.
Skipped the first Super because how bad the gameplay was, and Superstar was just a rehash of what I already played with a weak character selection.
And now we get the awesomeness of Super character choice with the better gameplay of early Mario Party, of course I'm in ! Even if most of the time I'll play alone lmao, just like on GC/Wii days.

Now if we could convince Square Enix to make a new Fortune Street, that'd be amazing.

Jan 15, 2019
This looks like it's going to pretty comfortably be the best Mario Party game yet. Feels like they're finally treating MP like a main attraction rather than a mid-budget spin-off.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
I'm finally buying a new Mario Party again.
Skipped the first Super because how bad the gameplay was, and Superstar was just a rehash of what I already played with a weak character selection.
And now we get the awesomeness of Super character choice with the better gameplay of early Mario Party, of course I'm in ! Even if most of the time I'll play alone lmao, just like on GC/Wii days.

Now if we could convince Square Enix to make a new Fortune Street, that'd be amazing.
I'm sorry, but what's the apparent gameplay difference between this and Super?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Less than a month
GX6gmgPWYAA4DGQ

View: https://x.com/NintendoEurope/status/1837129592357740815