• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, am I missing something, or can't I put two different items in a single item box? You could do this in the previous game, and depending on what status the player was, another item would come out.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I've been watching this guy and honestly it has blow my mind:

Oh yeah I know about this guy, one of the few who got to make levels prior to release and make vids about it.
So, am I missing something, or can't I put two different items in a single item box? You could do this in the previous game, and depending on what status the player was, another item would come out.
You should still can.
It's just limited to mushrooms and the other powerup you want.
So that if someone is super mario they get the powerup and otherwise they just get the shroom.
Try it like in MM1, slide a mushroom into your other powerup and see how if it works.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
Yes but the country setting of your nintendo account is where your NSO sub is.

You can have another nintendo account set at another country but there would be no NSO sub so you can't create a Mario Maker ID.
Hmm, well I am in a family sub. The owner of that sub is using a german account. But I can freely change my accounts country while being in that sub. Right now I have an australian account and my flag is australian. But I am still in that german family sub.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
I already got the same level twice in Expert Endless Mode and found a level from a reddit user I played an hour before.
But that will probably change soon enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Should be. I'm getting antsy.
1200px-Ant_Trooper_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

Nov 8, 2017
I was so excited for Mario Maker I ended up buying Levelhead this morning. Hype is real. I hardly played MM1 but I hope to change that with MM2.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, well I am in a family sub. The owner of that sub is using a german account. But I can freely change my accounts country while being in that sub. Right now I have an australian account and my flag is australian. But I am still in that german family sub.

Oh ok, I don't have a family account so I don't know how how family account for NSO works.

I guess my point on the first post was the flag beside your mm id will be the one where your nintendo account with nso sub is.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just bought it digitally. It's downloading now.

Hoping to finish Trials of Mana before Super Mario Maker 2 is playable.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
This game has the potential to replace Splatoon 2 as my go-to online game. It's so much fun. Always something different.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
Order just got cancelled. You used a regular credit card, yeah?

Yeah I used my regular CC, I was having trouble the first time I was trying to purchase it. I got an error saying something about my geographical location and there's a restriction. What I did was I switched the default address of my account to my Japanese forwarding address. Then it went through like it always did.

?oe?oe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had to make my level a little easier... cause I couldn't complete it.

Collect 31 coins: 8WD-3NR-7TG

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Yeah I used my regular CC, I was having trouble the first time I was trying to purchase it. I got an error saying something about my geographical location and there's a restriction. What I did was I switched the default address of my account to my Japanese forwarding address. Then it went through like it always did.
Huh, changed my billing to my fake JP account and it worked.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo tempted to get the digital version for the 12am unlock! I have the physical pre-ordered though and I love having physical.

This game would benefit from being a digital purchase though given its nature and the fact that it is only 2.8 gb is pretty good.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
I know it's somewhat limited but I always prefer the Super Mario 1 sprites. I like seeing how later elements fit into this primitive but iconic design language. Have we ever seen official renditions of Koopalings in SMB1 8 bit style?

Last edited:

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I haven't found any info in the OT on the first page.

Does anyone know the maximum amount of sub-levels you can make in SMM2? Are we still limited to two like in SMM1?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
You know what would be cool. If you could assign a level theme tied from a pipe entrance.

Like say you have a normal grass plains level, and entering a pipe to a different part of the level changes the theme to another one.

Being able to compartmentalize levels into multiple smaller sections for multiple environments, rather then the restriction of one biome per level / sub-level.

Now that the option to remove auto scrolling by building a wall to section off areas. Would give more flexibility in terms of variation to stage layout.

Like having a level to start grass area, entering a pipe and going into the underground area, and entering a pipe even further underground into a Lava / Bowser Castle environment.

I have a couple of ideas I'd like to implement which requires multiple themes to take advantage of. I can deal with having one level and one sub-level, but being able to have multiple themes per level would allow me to get around it.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Im gonna pick this up tomorrow ( mostly cause of curiosity of playing more of 3D World~ love that game~ ) but I'm not excited tbh, didn't really like MM1 and I found nsmb U D to be a pain in the ass to play so not expecting to play this much

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really looking forward to levels that cleverly use

the Super Mario Land fireball's infinite bouncing physics

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to debate whether to go to Walmart at midnight to grab my copy, lol. But realistically, that's silly...right?