• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019
It and 3d World are among my favorite Mario games. The way they translate the gameplay of Mario 3, but in 3d, is incredible.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Yeah -- 3D World kind of one-upped it in every way, but it's very fun and charming. Would like to see an HD remaster some day.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
It's good! It's certainly fun. I just wish it went a bit harder. The crown stage is great, and I'd like a world full of that level of difficulty.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I remember buying this game and returning it almost immediately because I hated how little movement control it gave to the player compared to the larger, open-world Mario games.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
great game. one of the main games that makes me bummed the Switch abandoned face tracking 3D. getting an HD version of this game with the 3D would be amazing

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I've been replaying it due to the Switch Port of 3D World coming out next week and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it... my only real complaint would be how some of the special world levels are just rinse and repeat and there is some padding. (Beat every level as both Mario and Luigi, get every Star Medal and get Gold flag poles at the end of every level)

When this game came out, it became THE reason to own a Nintendo 3DS (which had a slow launch)
I agree, I enjoyed it more than 3D World personally. It was perfect for quick play sessions.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it more than 3D World. Honestly I was kinda hoping maybe they'd port the levels from 3D Land into the 3D World Switch port.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
It's a better 3D World. Each level takes a core concept and does it to a Mario level of quality. The level design stays muuuuch tighter this way. Some of the best level design in the entire franchise, really.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
I remember enjoying it quite a bit despite struggling with the odd jump here and there cause of the nub. That last level was dope af.

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
I've never played it but I'm looking forward to picking this up.

Edit: Oh wait the OP is talking about the 3DS game, well I haven't played that one either!

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
It's a very fun game, weaker than 3D World but very enjoyable. I hope someday the redo the game in HD, it deserves more love.

zf69

Jan 25, 2021
earth
i think it's inoffensive

i wouldn't call it one of the best mario games or anything but it's anywhere near bad, just harmless

Discontent

May 25, 2018
It's a better 3D World. Each level takes a core concept and does it to a Mario level of quality. The level design stays muuuuch tighter this way. Some of the best level design in the entire franchise, really.

I can agree with that. The level design was better in 3DW's extra levels once you complete the game but for the main game 3DL levels felt a little more consistently high quality.

Jan 11, 2018
It's one of my lesser favorite Mario games. Felt like the NSMB of the 3D games. 3D World improved upon it in every way.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
One of my all time favorite Mario games, tbh. This one and Galaxy are the only ones I ever 100% completed.

Never owned a WiiU, so I'm really excited for 3D World on the Switch.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
You know what really bums me out? We're probably never getting remakes of Mario Land 1 and 2. Yes the original gameboy games. Yes nothing to do with 3D Land but this thread got me thinking.

Why do I think so? Because the DS/3DS would have been the only good place to put these remakes in a 16-bit style. I'm not sure either game would work well to a Link's Awakening-style remake. They are also way too simple for today's market. Anyway sorry for the digression :(