• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I feel we do this with actors all the times, but let's do open it up. I know the cretin in the WH makes it seems like bad guys have won, but I don't his legacy will be favorable as human being, not even talking about his policies.

I'll start.

Steve Wozniak, aka The Woz, cofounder of Apple and almost a mirror opposite of Steve Jobs, a brilliant but well known corporate jerk.

Woz was the engineer. While Steve was the business guy. Even today he seems to have child like enthusiasm about tech. He was known for using his Segway with great abandon. And just seems like a super nice and fun loving guy.

Moreover, he never seemed ashamed about being a nerd and he owned it. Throughout the world of tech, no one has nothing bad to say about the guy. He's also very generous and philanthropic.

woz-showing-off-his-skills-while-apple-ceo-john-scully-looks-on-in-awe.original.jpg

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ub-iwerks.jpg

Ub Iwerks:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ub_Iwerks

Original all-star animator and friend of Disney. Animated the Alice shorts, Oswald the Rabbit shorts and gave Mickey Mouse life and set the standard for animation. Was also a great engineer and started his own animation studio eventually. Reconvened with Disney at a later point in his life and helped develop the xerox process for animation. Also helped design some of the Disney themepark rides.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Julia Child is another. Who can hate on her?