That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Soooo.... a Thunderjaw, Sly Cooper himself, the Jeep from Uncharted 4 (lol wtf), and a Fizzie warbot from Sunset Overdrive are all the teased RYNO summons, right?

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Now this is some fan service I can get behind! I'm hoping we get some Ape Escape and Jak and Daxter cameos too. I loved using the Jack skin in Deadlocked.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This just being marketing is on brand. But I hope its the Sunset Overdrive 2 tease ive been waiting for.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Imagine You are fighting a hella difficult boss, one round on the RYNO left, you are hoping for Sly to plop down to take some heat off you, or for Fizzie to eyeblast all the mobs from the screen, or for a Thunderjaw to crush the boss from above... Instead a fucking Jeep just spawns on top of the boss, like WhAt?

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
So, I've only played remake, so I only know what the Ryno is like from that one. Going to play the ones on Now before I play Rift Apart, and watching the other ones on Youtube, but I haven't seen what the Ryno is like in those games.

Is the Ryno drastically different with each game or is it the same for the most part?

Oct 27, 2017
So, I've only played remake, so I only know what the Ryno is like from that one. Going to play the ones on Now before I play Rift Apart, and watching the other ones on Youtube, but I haven't seen what the Ryno is like in those games.

Is the Ryno drastically different with each game or is it the same for the most part?

Only really played the PS3 games + the remake, but it was mostly the same there. It seems to be somewhat similar here, but with the added summon function.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Only really played the PS3 games + the remake, but it was mostly the same there. It seems to be somewhat similar here, but with the added summon function.
Okay, I was confused at first with how it seemed drastically different from remake's Ryno. Didn't catch that it'll work the same way just with the summon.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I was confused at first with how it seemed drastically different from remake's Ryno. Didn't catch that it'll work the same way just with the summon.

Looked at the trailer again, and yeah, it does seem to work differently here. In the PS3 + PS4 games it launched a ton of rockets, while here it seems to create a portal where summoned stuff falls through.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I both remember SO being super fun, and don't remember much about it. I'd definitely buy a remaster/remake. It was one of those games that would have had an amazing sequel, too.

manuvlad

Mar 26, 2019
Imagine a Spider-man game inspired by Spider-man Into the Spider-Verse using this technology that Insomniac is using in Rift Apart.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017

RYNO IV/V/VII/Remake RYNO are pretty much the same

RYNO I was a rocket launcher and so were PSP RYNOS. RYNO II was more of a minigun, while RYNO III was kind of a mesh between I amd II at its base level, while the final level (RYNOCERATOR) fired a nuke that incinerates most of the enemies onscreen with a single shot

RYNO VI was a protosuit (it's the RYNO you obtain in All 4 one, the isometrical coop game)

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It will be a tragedy if the Jak and Daxter love from when Insomniac and Naughty Dog worked out of the same building doesn't come full circle (though designing and modeling modern iterations is a load of work for a gag).

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
cbMJJXj.gif
Ohh this is pretty great, lots of potential I like it.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Hey if anything Sunset Overdrive comes to ps5 I'd finally be able to check it out and totally would. That dimensional rift gun is fuckin fantastic!

I dont think my girl will let me get away with not buying this bad boy

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
Sunset Overdrive on PS for Spiderman on console/PC Game Pass. Fair trade. ;-)

Honestly SO is great on PC when maxed out. Would love for that to be allowed on PS. Wonder if they could work a deal with Microsoft to update the game with enhancements for Series S/X and also publish on PS5. It's not impossible.
That's not a fair trade at all. Spider-Man sold 10s of millions of copies (it's the highest selling superhero game of all time), is a GoTY nominee, is a flagship IP series, is an active series. Sunset Overdrive is belived by the few people who played it but is ironically, for lack of a better word, niche.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Insomniac kick-starting PS All Stars spiritual sequel with Kingdom Hearts style, rather than Smash Bros clone again.

It'll be action/adventure RPG.

Please... ._.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Yet dissmised at launch by everyone as "the game that tries too hard". Watch it become the best thing since the invention of sex in 3, 2, 1...
Tbf, the reveal was cringe imo. The 2nd showing of it looked much better, but I wasn't down for the style of the game at all with the reveal. Granted it was a CGI reveal, that showed nothing of the gameplay, but still.

SO is fine though, and it'd be nice to have on PS4/5.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
If fortnite opens a portal in ratchet and ratchet opens a portal in fortnite do we all died?

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
if Sunset Overdrive in some form is released on PS and becomes a hit... I will legit cry tears of joy for Insomniac.