• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Once, though more so because I sadly don't have access to any swimming pools. All the public ones in my city have been closed down for years now and I don't have any family or friends with any pools. I wish I did :(

Oct 25, 2017
Not as much as I wish I had. I went to the beach for a week and swim in my in-laws pool for a few days. in Philly we have the most public pools per capita and there's one right up the street from me but I didn't get a chance to go this year.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
About 10 times so far. My wife and I have been going a couple of times a week. We live in the French countryside. We've been alternating biking and swimming. It has been great, hot as shit and super fun. We'll probably go a bunch more between now and November.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Shit.
All right, I got one week left.

At least now I've got somewhat of an excuse. Up until last january I lived 5 minutes away from the beach.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Went swimming at a hotel pool in July, and a water park earlier this month. I got a room booked at a resort next month, and the place has a couple pools and some slides. It will still be good swimming weather here in Phoenix for a little while.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Once. I live in SoCal, but no one wants to swim anymore. My family actually tore our pool down because no one had used it for three summers.
I too live in SoCal and I was told by my realtor that most people who want to buy homes here, don't want a pool. Too much money to maintain. California is too damn expensive.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Since I live in NY, summer to me is roughly 3 months, then it gets cold out again.

I actually just went swimming today for the first time this year at a pool. Spent 6 hours there. I'm dead tired now, I feel like my arms and legs have no gravity like I'm in space or something.

I only got one chance to go swimming this year, so I took it today. What about you?

Sad story: as a carer for a severely mentally ill person I've been awarded a free pass to all local swimming pools, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to spend the time to collect it. If I ever collect it, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to spend some time swimming. My life revolves around a delightful, entrancing, intelligent and articulate adult offspring who is often very ill and very clingy.

My wife, on the other hand, regularly walks to the beach and swims in the sea in summer. She's 72, more than ten years my senior. I fucking love that woman.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know. I guess it's a combination of things. My sister had moved out for a couple years; the vines on our fence withered and reduced our privacy; I don't take pleasure in anything anymore; etc.

But beyond my family, several other friends of mine who own pools haven't been swimming much either. Or at the very least, whenever we hang out we no longer have pool parties. I have no idea why that is.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Like five or six?

My one regret this summer is not getting to the beach more. Only went once and I live a couple hours away. It will be warm enough to swim until October here but there's something about the refreshing ocean when it's like 90 out.

Now I'm wondering if I should brave it for Labor Day...

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of times. I learned to swim earlier this year and I've been swimming a few times a week before work. I plan on continuing during the winter as well.

Eldy

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
About six, I think. The fact that I can give that specific an estimate is a testament to how little I've swum this year. lol Half of those times were in the ocean during a family vacation to Delaware earlier this month. I got to swim a lot as a kid but these days it often feels like a hassle, even if it's just using our neighbor's pool. This is definitely among the two or three least-swimmy summers I've ever had, though that's partially due to said neighbor's pool being in and out of commission.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
I am from Spain living in Victoria, BC, Canada, a city surrounded by lakes and the ocean. I have not gone swimming even once. It´s too fucking cold. I´m visiting my family in two weeks and I´m planning on swimming in pools, rivers, the Atlantic and the Mediterranean. It´s going to be two entire weeks of swimming and eating real food, I can´t wait.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
None. And you know what makes that number even more shameful? I spend my summers at our family home on a lake. I could roll out of bed and walk 30 steps to the water. And I didn't swim a single time. I don't know wtf was wrong with me this summer.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Had a few chances but didn't since I'm not really into swimming, so zero times.

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Big swimmer here, in So Cal, 0 times. It was hot, but not in a good blue sky/happy summer days way. It was toxic grey skies, humid, ugly. I stayed indoors as much as possible. Lots of indoor workouts or waiting until after 7pm to do outdoor cardio.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
More than 20 which is nice. I love to swim but it's boring to do it alone and thankfully my friends' free time and mine matched up this summer.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Once. First time in years. Wasn't too confident but it was a salt water lake so I could just float for a while before swimming properly. Plus I was with two girls I'd met travelling so didn't want to chicken out. Loved it to the point I'm thinking of joining a nearby gym for the pool.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Zero. Not a huge fan, and pools / beaches are a shitshow mid summer. I usually only do it once every few years when the mood strikes at a hotel I'm currently at.

Deleted member 412

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Five times, all of them at the swimming hall. I don't particularly like the sea/ocean water, nor do I like the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.