• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Looking at the estimate for ff7r I guess we are going to see a lot of small gaps being squeesed through lol.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I started college in 2004, and one of my first bonding moments with others was through DDR machines at another local college that happened to have cabinets set to $0.50 for 4 songs. We'd make trips over to this other school to play for an evening, putting quarters on the edge of the display bezel to hold your spot and everything, and my most distinct memory of that time is the feel of shoe-less, socked feet on arcade machines. I was never anywhere near this good; I learned on PS2 DDRMAX 1/2 games and mid-tier RedOctane pads without rear bars to lean on, and that's just DDR; I hardly played any PIU, and even my most hardcore DDR friends didn't. So this is just a wild unknown thing to me.

I'm almost embarrassed at how nostalgic this stuff makes me feel, lol

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking out of breath just watching him play. Jesus.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The fact he is doing all this AND commentating is even more insane.

Haelsly

Oct 25, 2017
So I didn't see his previous run at corona relief done quick, but holy shit, watching this is putting the biggest grin on my face. Fantastic stuff.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I've had friends that worked out to this game at malls so it doesn't impress me that much but its still insane. I can never do this lol

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I have so many GDQ shirts and I have them in such frequent rotation that I'm on the verge of starting to buy two shirts every event. I want these to last lol

It's pretty impressive that a 100% remote GDQ has managed to maintain so much of its production and tone. I didn't think it'd go anywhere near this smoothly. This week has completely fucking ruled.

A ton of people have put a lot of time in to make it roll as smoothly as it has. Really been happy with how it's gone and glad I got to help again.

Also the runs have been killer. Lots of things we couldn't do in a normal marathon setting like Pump it Up or a VR run.

Real talk, even in the future, I'd love to see a third annual event that's like this. Make it a ton of unique runs from the runners' homes, even if it's not a full week.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
842f6fc8db8b35162409154c17d047f7.gif

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
there was a moment in that Dreamcatcher song (Good Night) that was... fucking INSANE, I didn't even know feet could move that fast

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*upper body in calm voice* "look at me as i do these things"

*lower body* "turn off fucking motion blur i cant see shit"

Status
Not open for further replies.