• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

We've all been there: running around with outstretched palms, firing imaginary repulsor blasts at unseen adversaries as we soar across make-believe skies. Why settle for imaginary when PlayStation VR lets you live it? Today, we're excited to announce that the PlayStation VR Marvel's Iron Man VR Bundle is launching alongside the PS VR exclusive game on July 3. Play as Tony Stark, suit up as the Armored Avenger, and face off against some of Iron Man's greatest foes!

This bundle includes a PlayStation VR headset, PlayStation Camera, two PlayStation Move motion controllers, Marvel's Iron Man VR Blu-ray disc, and a PS VR Demo Disc. This bundle will be available across US, Canada, Columbia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Peru, and Republica Dominicana for $349.99 USD / $449.99 CDN (MSRP). Pre-orders start today.

Using two PlayStation Move controllers, you can fire up Iron Man's Repulsor Jets and blast into the skies with an arsenal of iconic Iron Man gear at your fingertips. Upgrade tech in Tony Stark's garage to customize Iron Man's sleek armor and awesome abilities, and go up against enemies in high stakes, action-packed battles.

And one more piece of exciting news: you can download a free demo of Marvel's Iron Man VR later today at PlayStation Store here! In this extended playable demo, you'll get a taste of the full game.

The demo includes:

• "Malibu" tutorial mission
  • Interactive Stark Jet cinematic starring Tony, Friday & Pepper Potts
  • "Out of the Blue" Stark Jet gameplay mission
  • Flight Challenge optional mission
  • Advanced Combat Challenge optional mission
The above is just a small slice of the main game, but by the end of the "Out of the Blue" mission, you'll start to feel like Iron Man as you fly, shoot, and Rocket Punch through some of Tony's Ghost-hacked, Stark Tech drone problems.

What's more, download and play this free demo to unlock the exclusive Molten Lava Armor Deco when you purchase the full game!
blog.us.playstation.com

Suit Up as the Armored Avenger with the PS VR Marvel’s Iron Man VR Bundle, Plus Download a Free Demo Today

The new PS VR bundle launches July 3, including a copy of the game, PS Camera, and two PS Move controllers.

EU

Last edited:

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The demo is great news -- such a tease not to drop it immediately and say it's coming "later today". When dammit, when??

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh boy, will test it out in a few minutes. Let's see how good it bad the IQ is. Like always with PSVR, I expect the worst.

Please be good.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Demo is amazing news! And today!

Edit: It's available right now on the UK store.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect, a demo is exactly what I need to sway me. Game is looking good

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Any point in trying this if you don't have Move controllers?

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Sweet, definitely going to give it a try. If I remember correctly, media already got hands on with it an impressions were great.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Will play over the 3 day weekend. Looks fun, but gonna be tough to get used to a non rdj voice actor.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Seems there is a EU bundle that has 2 move controllers and the game for €99.99/£84.99. Decent price seeing how moves are like gold dust.

49918461673_b07d223fee_k.jpg

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I guess this explains the delay for the game - figured a bundle was coming.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
You all should've bought seven Move controllers for like £4 each in 2013 like I did

laughs in move controllers

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Available to download now for EU. Going to try it out tonight.

Marvel's Iron Man VR - Demo

Soar through the skies as Iron Man in this exhilarating VR experience, available on PlayStation™Store. Get a taste of the game missions in this demo and learn how to fly around in Malibu, while taking command of Iron Man’s iconic armor and abilitiesbrbrAfter mastering the art of flight, suit up...

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I've been behind the curve here.

I was thinking Iron Man VR was going to be just some throw-away 'experience' haphazardly shoved into a State if Play last year, but Sony appears to be putting a lot of weight behind it.
Looking forward to reviews.

Jtrizzy

Nov 13, 2017
Tempting, but kind of late in the gen to buy this headset. I'd imagine a new headset will release with PS5. Though covid might be an issue.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
16.6gb on the AUS PSN. I wonder why there's a 9-10 GB difference. Audio, maybe?

Edit: scratch that. 16.61 GB on the store listing, 24.951 GB on the download. The second game to get a demo patch after FFVX? This furthers my desire for the PlayStation Network to update a game's file size when a patch comes out.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, 25GB for the demo. Surely that's just the size of the full game?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to seeing how well this controls. An Iron Man VR game has potential to be absolutely incredible. Please be awesome.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad that they are putting out a demo for this. I wanted to try it before jumping in. I'm looking forward to seeing how the flight feels.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

I was thinking Iron Man VR was going to be just some throw-away 'experience' haphazardly shoved into a State if Play last year, but Sony appears to be putting a lot of weight behind it.
I was actually under the same impression for some reason. I really want to know how much content there is and the games length.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017

Between playing the Spider-Man PSVR experiences and seeing video of this Iron Man game, it was clear that this is more of a game that took advantage of the VR landscape.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
My Moves are charged but I need to unpack my VR that's been stored away since New Year's. Be a good excuse to get back into a few of my games that are in my backlog such as Astro Bot and I Expect You to Die.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was able to download on PS4 in the USA. It's only up on the web-store right now though, I could not find it on the PS4 Store. You will have to redeem it on the web and then manually tell it to download on PS4.

Marvel's Iron Man VR - Demo

Soar through the skies as Iron Man in this exhilarating VR experience, available on PlayStation Store. Get a taste of the game missions in this demo and learn how to fly around in Malibu, while taking command of Iron Man’s ironic armor and abilitiesbrbrAfter mastering the art of flight, suit up...