• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Suikoden 3 is really good too. It's a bit of a technical disaster though. It has a really brilliant system where you switch characters and it shows parts of the same story from different points of view and the antagonists actually use this to their advantage. If you are a fan of 1 and 2 then the stuff you unlock with the 108 stars in 3 is really cool and it's also a continuation of the POV angle.

Best thing about S3 is that the villain

Is a minor character from 1 and 2, fucking shook me when it was revealed to be Luc

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I loved the story in Suikoden III and the character design was top notch. Hugo, Chris, Geddoe (as well as the amazing Thomas) were all great characters. The worst part about it is the tons of backtracking you have to go through, the map with event areas just didn't work for me, and that one mountain was a chore. The skills leveling system was weird but I had fun with it.

And the skits! Don't forget the skits!

hqdefault.jpg

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is there any way to pay for this if you don't have a credit card?
Was ready for the 120€ pledge but I can't choose my debit card.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
It really depends on what you mean by better. It's really debatable. What Chrono Cross achieved is that all of them are fully playable and each has at least 1-3 unique fully animated abilities and a different manners of speech. In Suikoden a huge chunk aren't playable in combat at all and some are simply there to change the color of the text windows or to listen to the soundtrack. The difference is that a lot of the characters are actually deeply involved in the main plot or the side plot at hand while in Chrono Cross most of the cast seems shoved in.

Two different approach.

I like how CC has so many character but if they cut it down to like 10 or so it wouldn't change the game.

Hell, all you need is Glenn, lol

Suikoden without recruiting a huge army sounds wrong.

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the story in Suikoden III and the character design was top notch. Hugo, Chris, Geddoe (as well as the amazing Thomas) were all great characters. The worst part about it is the tons of backtracking you have to go through, the map with event areas just didn't work for me, and that one mountain was a chore. The skills leveling system was weird but I had fun with it.

And the skits! Don't forget the skits!

hqdefault.jpg

No joke the plays are my favorite minigame/side activity from the whole series. Can't believe they wrote so many possible roles for so many characters, most of which any player will never see....

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to play through the PS2 SMT games (about 5 hours into Digital Devil Saga) but now I wanna put them on hold and go through all 5 Suikodens again, ugh

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
People need to brace for the fact that the game might not end up looking as pretty as what they show on that video.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Still kinda torn on what tier I wanna pledge.
I'm kinda nervous to give to much money, but at the same time if love to be either a soldier or NPC in the game.

Definitely donating some money just not sure how much.
Happy to see it fully funded already though.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list of kickstarter games sorted by how much money they made in the first 24 hours of their campaign? I'd like to know how Eiyuden compares to them.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Well, thanks to this thread I guess I have to dust off my old PS2 and replay 3-5. I am skipping the first two only because I have played them many times and the PS2 ones barely at all. I might give 4 another chance. Would probably the first time I have touched that game since it first released.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
That Sakuraba sample track is fantastic.

Good vibes all around re: this campaign. The video was adorable.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Best thing about S3 is that the villain

Is a minor character from 1 and 2, fucking shook me when it was revealed to be Luc

Man, I'm so so very jealous. I had this spoiled for me before the game even came out here in the US.

I always think about how mind blown I'd be to be fighting him and realize he was using
the true wind rune
and I'll never get that :(

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Is there a list of kickstarter games sorted by how much money they made in the first 24 hours of their campaign? I'd like to know how Eiyuden compares to them.

There is Kicktraq which shows metrics of Kickstarter campaigns. That shows off projections based on average pledge amount as well as breakdown of data on a daily basis.

Here is several notable campaigns

www.kicktraq.com

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

IGAVANIA (n): A gothic, exploration-focused action platformer, designed by one of the godfathers of the genre!
www.kicktraq.com

Divinity: Original Sin 2

An epic RPG with turn-based combat, cooperative/competitive multiplayer; sequel to Divinity: Original Sin, Gamespot's PC Game of 2014.
www.kicktraq.com

Shovel Knight

A groundbreaking love letter to 8 bits!
www.kicktraq.com

Hollow Knight

A challenging, beautiful and mysterious 2D adventure through a surreal world of insects and heroes. A game for PC, Mac and Linux.
www.kicktraq.com

Shenmue 3

Yu Suzuki presents the long awaited third installment in the Shenmue series.

Vexingsruzz

Oct 29, 2017
I'm in for a physical copy. It's gonna be a long wait but if Octopath is an inspiration, I'm willing to give it a chance.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
this looks crazy good. prolly too good to tbh. but if they can get close to that boss fight target hnngngng

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is Kicktraq which shows metrics of Kickstarter campaigns. That shows off projections based on average pledge amount as well as breakdown of data on a daily basis.

Here is several notable campaigns

www.kicktraq.com

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

IGAVANIA (n): A gothic, exploration-focused action platformer, designed by one of the godfathers of the genre!
www.kicktraq.com

Divinity: Original Sin 2

An epic RPG with turn-based combat, cooperative/competitive multiplayer; sequel to Divinity: Original Sin, Gamespot's PC Game of 2014.
www.kicktraq.com

Shovel Knight

A groundbreaking love letter to 8 bits!
www.kicktraq.com

Hollow Knight

A challenging, beautiful and mysterious 2D adventure through a surreal world of insects and heroes. A game for PC, Mac and Linux.
www.kicktraq.com

Shenmue 3

Yu Suzuki presents the long awaited third installment in the Shenmue series.
...holy shit. Is Eiyuden on track to have the biggest first 24 hours of any video-game Kickstarter?

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Went for the digital edition tier. Only my third Kickstarter I ever backed. Very much looking forward to this game. Can't believe we're getting a spiritual successor to Suikoden.

Vexingsruzz

Oct 29, 2017
Keep in mind it's only borrowing from Octopath from a visual design standpoint. The main point of inspiration considering the staff involved is heavily the Suikoden series, notably Suikoden II in particular.

Appreciate the heads up and I am aware that it is primarily inspired by Suikoden. I was impressed by what they teased on the Kickstarter and referencing Octopath was just the icing on the cake for me.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Probably going to pledge, looks really good and super well planned.
Is Suikoden still worth trying out while waiting for this? I'm kinda swamped in Jrpgs right now but if it's worth it'll I'll add it to my play list