• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
So this is what is considered an 'incredible' street fighter match?

Besides the fact it's clear it's staged (they take turns doing the same stuff) the action itself was pretty boring.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
you think that's so great you should see what happened at the last smashs ultimate tournament:

it's like they agreed to play that way

Jun 12, 2018
Well, the perfectly synchronised attacks would be a bit suspect, no? That would be way too much of a coincidence.
Eh, I've definitely seen Guiles and shotos get into situations where they are both inputting the same fb and normal commands for 10 seconds or so. Obviously not a full match, but I can understand why people could be fooled by this video.

Also-

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
That was a thing of beauty, sako and itazan are two of my all time favorites, immensely skilled and super chill.

There have been some real finals matches that have been pretty close to this in terms of drama.

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Final Round came and went with no news from Capcom, but the FGC cooked up some excitement of their own with a viral video that has gotten exposure well beyond the Street Fighter community. Two of the best Japan has to offer recently cooked up a Ryu mirror match that looks too good to be true, and that's because it isn't. This is Street Fighter artistry.

Really neat although people who play the game would notice it's scripted right away.

Also if anyone wants to see some unscripted crazy high skill matches go watch last weekend's SFV top 8 at Final Round .

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love all the too cool for school people who always come out of the woodwork with "people didn't know it was fake?"

We see you, marks.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
I'm gonna take a page from Hannibal Buress and say like baseball, fighters could benefit from having situational games where everything's pre-ordained. Sometimes people just like to watch a good fight even if it's fake.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ASW players been doing shit like this for ages.
and far more impressive

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see more choreographed fights in fighting games like this. That was so fun.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Let me see it with two players live in front of an audience tho.
Can't be done in Xrd because shitty ass danger time being random, I mean I guess they could still do it. But yeah it's harder than what's in the sf vid due to the nature of the clashes relying active frames lining up compared to just playing out a standard match in sync.

There is a vid in this thread already showing it live tho

thats really cute, but watch this for a sec

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing. I initially thought the first few hadoken's were real then thought it was too good to be true.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
From the start, why would a player of their level do jump back HP > Hadoken? Sacrificing screen space for no reason.

The only reason to do that is to time the hadoken with the landing frames from the j.HP so you can buffer the Hadoken while landing and ensure everything's happening at the same time.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
So this is what is considered an 'incredible' street fighter match?

Besides the fact it's clear it's staged (they take turns doing the same stuff) the action itself was pretty boring.
No, this is not what's considered an incredible Street Fighter match, at least not for people who know about FGs, because yes, it's clear it's staged from the very beginning. The incredible part comes when you consider the skill required to not mess up the inputs, the timing and the execution, it's not easy specially because it's livestreamed.

But I guess it's easier to just shit on SFV for no good reason, right?