Village

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose my hope now is that Makoto is back and she can still somehow look as impressive as this:
makoto-street-fighter.gif

Yeah, Capcom is really pushing their visuals to the next level.
i'm interested to see how she's redesigned

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the Fortnite version with leggings and people will have to mod out the leggings. They will definitely have e-sports friendly costumes as the defaults they learned their lesson getting SFV onto ESPN.

17br-cammy-guile-newsimage-cammy-1920x1080-bf9e74b28a4d.jpg
...I suppose they could use the costume code to remove whatever would cover her lower body.

StriderHiryu

Oct 28, 2017
Not much to see but I think it looks good. Most importantly for me, it looks different. SFV irked me because I felt it looked too similar to IV. Each mainline entry should stand out from one another imo. Anyway looking forwards to seeing gameplay in the summer!

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the trailer again and two things stand out;

1) Luke doesn't have the star tattoos on his arm anymore. Like they're straight up gone.

2)This has MAJOR SF3 vibes. Not 1:1 with SF3, but the announcer and music really just makes me think of it.

They full on re-designed Luke it appears: They put the tattoos on his shirt (and took off the ones on his forearms like you mentioned), ditched the old hair style, and gave him scars on his face and forearms. Also doesn't appear to have the braces anymore either.

Acetown

Oct 28, 2017
Wish it was longer but what's there looks awesome, with the exception of IV, Street Fighter has always been on-point with it's visuals. And as much as people insist that this is a huge artistic departure I actually think Capcom is sticking closely to the core concepts they've laid out in the past. Street Fighter is about grotesquely toned bodies, walking fucking mountains of muscles, and judging by the trailer they've really brought the rendering of muscles to the next level. Under more natural lighting conditions I have a feeling this won't appear as (not my words) "hyper realistic".

The logo does suck though.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They full on re-designed Luke it appears: They put the tattoos on his shirt (and took off the ones on his forearms like you mentioned), ditched the old hair style, and gave him scars on his face and forearms. Also doesn't appear to have the braces anymore either.

Yeah I'm honestly wondering what his SF5 design was even for because it's not even really close to being the same. Makes me think we might be seeing a pretty sizeable jump in time post-SF3.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
There really just isn't enough there to say much of anything about it...

I'm going to reserve judgement until we at least see a target render with something remotely resembling actual in-game fighting stage lighting.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugly logo and not feeling the designs either. Let's see if the game is any good

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm honestly wondering what his SF5 design was even for because it's not even really close to being the same. Makes me think we might be seeing a pretty sizeable jump in time post-SF3.

Yeah lol. New Luke is kinda giving me Nero vibes, which I'm okay with because Nero is dope.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'm actually really glad they're trying something new. No idea why people want yet another ArcSys-like, ArcSys themselves are providing plenty of those. And anime Street Fighter was, IMHO, cool back in the Alpha and EX days, but a total eyesore afterwards.

Still, character design is just as important and I haven't liked a SF redesign or newcomer in a very long time.

Oct 25, 2017
The Press Release has even less than I thought lol. All that's confirmed is that the game is, in fact, a fighting game. Oh and the name being Street Fighter 6, which is somewhat offputting given how long numerals have been used and how RE and DMC both switched to numerals with the new engine.
Looks a bit like clay
Jesus Christ here we go again.
Leaving the door open for exclusivity bids? Why not say the platforms now?
We got a glorified logo drop, they're leaving a lot of things behind curtains.
No way. The idea of semi realistic models is a no no. SF (the decent ones) are full blown anime, leave those models out of the franchise.
Did you not watch the trailer in the OP?

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
tbh while I have reservations with this art direction, the hair and clothes physics might be a massive improvement over what SFV did so that'd be a nice plus.

they would have to fuck up pretty hard if they weren't a massive improvement after all this time with the new tech and tools that are available. It's probably gonna be dope as hell

Nikokuno

Unshakable Resolve
Jul 22, 2019
They better change that ugly logo, what is that? 😅.
Nothing is right, also ditching roman number to?

As for the art style : I'm sure they didn't show a lot for a reason; they are looking for players feedback and reaction.

I really don't like whoever (the new Mr USA front face) stand in front of Ryu. Outfit wise it already doesn't give me confidence.
And Ryu looks buff but not particularly peak like a Tekken character who looks more lean and athletic, but if that's their take on Ryu.

Maybe we are just looking at a CGI teaser thatjqs nothing to do with the artstyle they are going for. Summer will tell.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Anime SF is dead.

Capcom wants to sell the game to a bigger and worldwide audience and making it anime or like GG is going to hamper their ambitions.

this is the way

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't ignore anything Capcom been doing. I've been buying their games ffs. I just want something different, apparently that is delusional.
You got different though from SFV->SF6, what's the problem then? If I have to explain, it's delusional bc even as a frequent buyer per your post you expected something that isn't akin to DMC5 and the RE franchise over the past four years knowingly that RE engine was going to be use?

That's, delusional.

we also have yet to see in game footage yet with the art style in action.

Last edited:

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and now this.

I hope MHW2 will be safe from this realistic style treatment. Don't massacre my boy.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
this is a logo i would throw together in 5 minutes before the deadline because i forgot that i had to turn something in today for my logo design 101 class.

eDIGI

Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Damn all these insiders saying it's looking to be console exclusive again have me a tad bit disappointed BUT i'll get the game regardless of what it's on. I'm trying to remember…the original sfv announcement named ps4 as an exclusive right from the start yea?

leder

Oct 25, 2017
We don't. Just wishful thinking.

Are we talking about casuals here? Because then graphics are definitely higher up on the list than training.
"Casual" people that would be converted to whales.

Also after posting I realized I missed a big one, the simplified gameplay. Definitely above graphics.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Wonder how the women will look like in this artstyle, hopefully they keep their muscles

Also is it the RE engine?
Hopefully it will look great in movement, not a fan of how ryu looks here..

I wish they would use the re engine to make something cartoonish one day

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
You got different though from SFV->SF6, what's the problem then? If I have to explain, it's delusional bc even as a frequent buyer per your post you expected something that isn't akin to DMC5 and the RE franchise over the past four years knowingly that RE engine was going to be use? Who also have yet to see in game footage yet with the art style in action.

That's, delusional.

we also have yet to see in game footage yet with the art style in action.

You do you calling people delusional for wanting something different, good grief. I don't need to see it in action, I don't like it already. You apparently do, congrats for you.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Im looking at luke and ryu giant hands and feet and Im trying to understand how this is a realistic artstyle...

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Damn all these insiders saying it's looking to be console exclusive again have me a tad bit disappointed BUT i'll get the game regardless of what it's on. I'm trying to remember…the original sfv announcement named ps4 as an exclusive right from the start yea?
Yes.

I can definitely imagine a marketing deal with Sony and Evo, but I'm still thinking it's console multiplat because of the Capcom leak.