• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Such a sweet looking cat. What happened to the ear?

With stray cats, animal control will clip the tip of their ear after catching and spaying/neutering them. They used to tattoo the cats, but it is a lot easier to see a clipped ear on a stray and know it is fixed, versus having to catch the cat and flip it over to attack its weak spot for massive damage see the tattoo

My cat has a clipped ear, too.

Valus

Nov 21, 2017
Any reviews when it comes to how kid-friendly this game is? Any gruesome shit I should be aware of?

Oct 20, 2018
Found 1 stream that seem to play it live, on twitch. But maybe it's a re-run, i didn't fallow video too much haha. You can find it by searching by "game sectopms" / Stray on twitch

OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Any reviews when it comes to how kid-friendly this game is? Any gruesome shit I should be aware of?
Here you go:
Rebecca Smith, PlayStation Lifestyle (8.5/10)
"Despite the odd slip-up, Stray is a (mostly) relaxing game that takes clever cat interactions and turns them into a compelling adventure. The 8-10 hour story (on a completionist's run) will certainly tug on the heartstrings in places but will not overstay its welcome. The gameplay is simple enough that it can be enjoyed by all ages although the younger children may find the Zurk imagery a bit scary. Those playing Stray on PlayStation Plus should definitely give this one a go, while those looking to buy the game on release should not have much hesitation."​

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Cute cats everyone. Sadly my cat of 15 years passed away last month.

Looking forward to playing this.
Oh God, I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

My cat Arcee is turning 16 in about a month. Unfortunately she now suffers from heart disease, which means she might not have much time left. I just try to make sure she's always as comfortable as she can be.

SP0yZ99.jpg

She's such a good kitty, though...

This is Amber.

She passed away at the end of 2017 (like... 30DEC). I still talk to her. "Murtaugh" from Stray reminds me of her, and why I think it's going to be hard to play it for me.

QWoiwCS.jpg

She had such a gorgeous coat!

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
This is one of my most anticipated games since the reveal. I'm so excited to finally be able to start playing tomorrow!

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I don't even have a PS5 and this is my most anticipated game this gen haha. If it reviews well (which I'm hoping it does), I'm going to be presented with a very expensive decision.
A PS5 is definitely a good choice imo. Both consoles are. But if you can't find one or don't want to spend the money, then perhaps you can play the game via streaming using PS+ Premium, considering there is a PS4 version of the game. I dunno if streaming is available, but I can check once the game is live.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Hmmmm so no preordering or preloading on ps5?

On the US store page and I don't see any options or the price.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Wait, isnt this out in the US store yet? there's no option to buy either.

Thinking of just using the malaysian store.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
When will I be able to download this from PS+ extra?

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Such a sweet looking cat. What happened to the ear?
He was a street cat, so the ear cut indicates that he had been a neutered colony cat. The ASPCA (at least in NYC) tried a bunch of things like tattoos, collars, implants, etc but the ear nip was the simplest and most well tolerated apparently.

He's a sweetie. Still likes a little outdoor time but mostly just follows me around meowing for attention all day.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my little brat.

IMG_5890.jpg

She's obsessed with McDonald's takeout bags. This one is her cat cave, she loves to lie inside of it and attack anyone (aka me) who comes close.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
The cat turns around and stares at you if you leave the game at the title screen. Dont look at me Im a dog person.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Have played a bit now. Holy crap. The visuals are incredible. Definitely the best I've seen on PS5 so far. The details blow even the first party Sony games away. Absolutely next level stuff. From a small team too. Wow wow wow wow! 😭😵😱🥰

Binster

Oct 27, 2017
Catpost my own pair of reprobates - Murphy, the little lady sleeping atop the big tabby boy Hugo.
FTPC8k6UEAA2kOE

Stray lookin' fine!

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what platform to get it on yet.

In the meantime, my cats

FYAH1YxXoAAExhy

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Everyone's cats are so cute 😭

Looks like a noon EST launch tomorrow. I was hoping to binge this in a day but I don't think I'll have time, work in the evening. Still, can't wait for this. My second Platinum trophy of the year after Elden Ring