• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Dear Billy has to be one of the greatest episodes in TV history, right? I hope Sadie Sink wins an Emmy. Cannot get over that episode.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dear Billy has to be one of the greatest episodes in TV history, right? I hope Sadie Sink wins an Emmy. Cannot get over that episode.
I was pretty bored with this season until that episode. I think episodes 4 and 7 are actually great, especially 4 (Dear Billy). Definitely the best ending to an episode I've seen in awhile. Sadie is the best thing that happened to this show.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
tr08wl4ll5791.jpg

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018

So, this is about a scene in the previous season but it's just so good and a big part of why 3 holds a special place in my heart.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Dodging these spoilers as I'm starting ep 3 but shit; they really on their "Nightmare on Elm Street" vibes from the current enemy so far!

Fantastic start to the series!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Started my ST3 rewatch last night, and man. The show really does nothing with Will. I feel so bad for Noah Schnapp - his character clearly has sexuality issues he needs to work out, he has a fucking superpower, he's the only one of the core group of friends who's always there for his friends when they need him (Mike is a bad friend), he's survived the Upside Down's machinations twice, and yet he's always relegated to the background.

I really hope season 5 finds an actual use for the poor kid. He's got so many story routes they could take with him and they just don't.

OP
OP
Conditional-Pancakes

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Absolutely amazing.

www.theverge.com

Kate Bush loves that Stranger Things is introducing the youth to her music

Kate Bush didn’t think Stranger Things would put her back on the charts.

Thanks to the popularity of Stranger Things' music-heavy fourth season and social media, Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill" has climbed up to the very top of music charts around the world 37 years after the song initially released. A number of Bush's longtime (and generally older) fans have felt a type of way about younger people discovering her music for themselves by way of a sci-fi love letter to the '80s. But Bush — herself a longtime Stranger Things fan — sees the sudden resurgence of interest in "Running Up That Hill" as an exciting and touching testament to the power of art.
In a recent interview with BBC Radio 4's Woman's Hour, Bush — who generally doesn't speak to the public — opened up about what it's been like to watch a new generation turn one of her classics into a present-day hit. Though Bush was already hooked on Stranger Things long before Netflix and the Duffer brothers called her up, she didn't expect to ever become involved in the show's lore, and the experience has all felt very much like "the whole world's gone mad."

"What's really wonderful, I think, is that this is a whole new audience who, in a lot of cases, they'd never heard of me," Bush said. "And I love that — the sort of all these really young people hearing the song for the first time and discovering it is, well, I think it's very special."

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018

Sadie Sink is great and I love episode 4 but I don't think she would stand a chance against Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul) or Sarah Goldberg (Barry), especially after their respective seasons this year. BCS isn't even over yet either.

Oct 26, 2017
Started my ST3 rewatch last night, and man. The show really does nothing with Will. I feel so bad for Noah Schnapp - his character clearly has sexuality issues he needs to work out, he has a fucking superpower, he's the only one of the core group of friends who's always there for his friends when they need him (Mike is a bad friend), he's survived the Upside Down's machinations twice, and yet he's always relegated to the background.

I really hope season 5 finds an actual use for the poor kid. He's got so many story routes they could take with him and they just don't.
I'm thinking we're definitely getting payoff with him in Vol 2 but yeah, from a narrative point he didn't really get much to do in Vol 1. and ESPECIALLY s3.

Man I have so many issues with s3.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Sadie Sink is great and I love episode 4 but I don't think she would stand a chance against Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul) or Sarah Goldberg (Barry), especially after their respective seasons this year. BCS isn't even over yet either.

Ha, good point! Well I would be happy with a nomination at least.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

I hope she wins it too. Phenomenal episode.

Absolutely amazing.

www.theverge.com

Kate Bush loves that Stranger Things is introducing the youth to her music

Kate Bush didn’t think Stranger Things would put her back on the charts.

I heard her on the radio today! Wild times.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017

I think they've settled on Robin being the vocal point for sexuality issues.

Feels like Will is being focused more toward asexuality than anything else.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I don't think we'll see her in season 4. But she'll be back for sure next season. We'll see her again at least once before the end.

I'd be surprised if she doesn't show up in some way before the end of the series, because the Duffers said after S2 they still wanted to tie some things up with Kali's story. Probably wouldn't make much sense to have her suddenly show up in Part 2 but the fact that she shows up in the flashbacks this season shows that they aren't completely trying to disregard her existence. I think she'll play some role in S5. Hopefully without her annoying crew lol.
You both are probably correct. The reason I bring her up is that in the flashbacks we see all of the other test subjects demonstrating similar abilities to Eleven with telekinesis. Kali had extremely different powers than the rest of the subjects being able to show illusions and hallucinations. It seems strange that Kali is the only one with notably different abilities. Meanwhile One, has a combination of both Telekinesis and Hallucinations. El seems to be more adept with Telekinesis than One. Kali's illusions work in a different capacity than Vecna's nightmares.

Perhaps El reaches out to Eight via mindscape to give her Brenner's location and also to bust her out of the facility. Kali still seemed hell bent on getting revenge on Brenner and has demonstrated the ability to overcome security in government facilities. Eleven could then try and recruit her to face Vecna. Her abilities could be helpful in fighting Vecna and possibly saving others from his nightmares.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
El's story in S2E7 was that using your powers for revenge is wrong, that she decided to use them to help her friends. Eight (Hate) can only come back as a villain or as having learned the same and returning not to get revenge but to save her friend.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Finally watched the new season up to the current episode. Used the last week with doing a complete series 1-3 rerun and now after being up to date I can write what I think about it.

Unfortunately, I think it's one of my least favorite seasons so far. The whole season feels like such a super slow drag. Kinda the same how season 2 felt, but maybe even worse. Season 3 still stays to be my absolute favorite, that season was so super fun and crazy stylized with music and beautifully directed scenes, they really mastered their work there.
And Scoop Ahoy is still the goat. Season 4..... Uff, I don't know man, everything takes so long, the whole Hopper plotline, the whole Eleven backstory thing, I was so glad season 3 had none of that stuff. I also don't like whatever they try to do with Nancy and Steve here, poor Jonathan.

Season 4 is the Matrix Revolutions of the Stranger Things series.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering whether this season (or the series in general) will end with a redemption of the Hellfire Club. The satanic panic is unlikely to be quelled in this particular era but after thinking about how Lucas was worried that they'd never be considered "cool" unless one of them pursued sports, as well as Eddie talking about how Dustin and Mike would be the "future" of Hellfire once he graduates, I'm thinking that the Club may become more popular as high schoolers turn toward embracing counter culture in the wake of their exploits. It'd be a great parallel to the first episode when literally no one is interested and they're all considered deviants.

This is why I also feel that Eddie has to be redeemed in the eyes of the public somehow, because if Eddie goes down a pariah, that'll stain the Hellfire Club's name by association. Somehow I don't think the series wants to put the kids into a position where they're stanning activities of a Club which has irrevocably been marked as a satanist cult.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I love how there's just a dude in a CGI blue screen body suit sitting there spinning Jamie haha

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This is why I also feel that Eddie has to be redeemed in the eyes of the public somehow, because if Eddie goes down a pariah, that'll stain the Hellfire Club's name by association. Somehow I don't think the series wants to put the kids into a position where they're stanning activities of a Club which has irrevocably been marked as a satanist cult.
Oh no this group of social outcasts will be cast out from society

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
lol yep.

I think I've had enough of the 'kid jostles to be one of the cool kids' plots with Lucas this season. If next season ends up being them coping with popularity it's gonna start looking more like Riverdale than Stranger Things. No thank you.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Social outcasts and "this group stans someone that has been officially branded a serial killer" is quite a different stretch to deal with. You can already see how their parents are throwing a panic about where their hobbies led to.

I have no doubt their interests will always be painted a niche but I also firmly believe that their "reputation" will only improve rather than regress.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
I think Vol 2 will be when Will actually does something. We just found out that he essentially created the world in the Upside Down when he was captured (it existed before as a formless void full of lightning). We also have no idea why Will was the first to be captured (unless I missed something).

I am Homer. Marge is the credits sequence for Volume 1:

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

They talk about Will and reveal some stuff about him in Volume 2 at 22 minutes in here. Theres also some talk about what not to expect in Vol 2 so definitely new info so if you don't wanna know anything until you see the episodes yourself dont watch!

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
He was riding his bike home one night and just so happen to be near the Demogorgon when it broke out from the lab. It was a random chance encounter. I don't think there's much more to it than that.
Plus I think their house is near the lab? So it makes sense why the demo was near Byers house.