May 10, 2018
That's great. Season 4 episodes were long and still left me wishing they were longer. My only concern at this point is how long it's going to take for post production and then how chopped up the final season is going to be by Netflix. Seeing them turn Cobra Kai into a 3 parter spread out over half a year sucks.
I imagine it will be two parts similar to season 4.

The difference might be how many episodes in each part.

Season 4 had episodes 1-6 in part one and a month later episodes 7-8 in part two.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it's 4 episodes each part.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
If they kill my baby boy Steve I will go into full Victorian-ass mourning I s2g. Also I'm constantly torn between being an #EddieLives truther or not.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
4=1 > 3 > 2

Cannot wait for this season to release. Show, even season 2, is such a great watch from beginning to end. Will go down as one of the best shows of all time IMO.
Close to my rating but 1 imo is just a bit better than 4, mainly because I felt like 11's story in 4 just kinda felt like spinning its wheels half the time. Feels like the show sometimes doesnt really know what to do with her character over long periods because they dont know how to evolve her as a character without either taking her too far from being awkward outcast girl or making her like a too powerful dues ex machina that doesnt really fit with everyone else.

Hopefully with the story ending they feel more comfortable to just do whatever they want to do with 11 without having to shove her off on some side adventure away from the rest of everyone else.

Jan 20, 2022
The 3 year gap between season 3 and 4 killed it for me. By the time the show came back out, I had all but forgotten about it. Loved season 1! But felt like lightning in a bottle.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
might have to take some PTO when this all drops , too.... finally do a real binge again
Unless you have ultimate willpower to wait it out til its all over, you'll need to take at least 3 days of PTO, because there is no way this isn't coming in a minimum of 3 blocks several months apart each.

Fucking Cobrai Kai is getting it's final season broken down in 3 chunks. Bridgerton just did a 2 chuck season, and of course Stranger Things 4 was the guinea pig for this model.

S5 is what, 8 episodes? Honestly I'm expecting them to drip feed them over 4 release windows between summer 2025 and 2026.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Gonna be Game of Thrones levels hype for me

Whichever it actually ends up like GoT final season, I hope not.. But it sure is an end of an era

Still really sad a character so important to my coming out is attached to Noah… Can't even put it to words how much that meant to me at the time

Apr 19, 2018
Season 3 fan devotees, rise! Peak ST, that.

I did dig the splintered story lines in Season 4, but it'll be great to have the entire gang supposedly together in Hawkins for the series finale.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Brett Gelman and Noah Schnapp both decided to lean hard into the hardcore pro-Israel shit, calling people demanding a ceasefire antisemites, handing out stickers saying "zionism is sexy" and so on...

Didn't realize it was two. It was mostly Noah making the headlines.

Because of just how obscene it was I will likely skip Season 5. :( Know plenty of folks boycotting it as well. Such a shame because it is one of my favorite shows.

As an aside, some of the actors have actively donated to pro Palestine causes I believe, if that makes anyone feel better.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I love this show so much.

I've never felt any disappointment or "weak season". I've loved them all equally.

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
Hope they do a time skip. So much time has passed and they look a lot older.

Hope it's not delayed into 2026.

I just finished rewatching the show!

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Man, they REALLY fucked up producing this show. 10+ years to get 5 seasons done.

That doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed the show. I've loved every season. Very excited to see the final arc.

Apr 19, 2018
Man, they REALLY fucked up producing this show. 10+ years to get 5 seasons done.

Mind, a number of factors were out of their control as mentioned, such as COVID and the strikes. Plus, the scope and production size of the show demands a far longer lead time for each season.

Not like time has been a detriment to the show's popularity and high viewership numbers, but we'll see how Season 5 shakes out at the end of its run.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
aNLYOTZ.gif

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I was really invested in Stranger Things. I like the show and enjoyed the last season, despite believing a couple of the plot points being unnecessary.

But...after hearing about the conduct of a couple of the cast members, fuuuuck that.

I cannot in good conscience support something they're in, despite all the hours I've put it in so far and this being the conclusion.

Last edited:

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I was really invested in Stranger Things. I like the show and enjoyed the last season, despite believing a couple of the plot points being unnecessary.

But...after hearing about the conduct of a couple of the cast members, fuuuuck that.

I cannot in good conscious support something they're in, despite all the hours I've put it in so far and this being the conclusion.
Same, I just can't support this show anymore.

MarshallLaw

Oct 19, 2023
No excitement for this at all. Simply taken too long and I'm bored.

Will probably still end up watching it, but feel no excitement to do so.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

I cannot in good conscious support something they're in, despite all the hours I've put it in so far and this being the conclusion.
Same, I just can't support this show anymore.

You do what you want, I don't criticize that at all. But you're giving two assholes a lot of power over you.

If we were talking about the showrunners or some producers with heavy financial stakes in the show I would agree with what you're saying. Or maybe if we were talking about the main two actors of the show.

But two actors in a huge collective of other amazing actors like in Stranger Things? Nah. I personally loved seasons 1 to 4 of that show, I'll watch the fifth season. And if it's good I might even love it! And post about it, and post gifs! Doesn't matter if two of the actors said despicable things at one point, they don't hold any power over me.

And there are also A LOT of other really great actors on that show, and an army of other people working on it. Why punish them?

Nah, I can't wait for season 5. It's gonna be great! Two insignificant assholes don't have the power to take away something I love.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch this but I'm not really feeling excited about it. First couple seasons were great but I really felt my interest waning last season.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I legit love every season of this show and am so hyped for S5 yet melancholy it's ending...

Always thought there was an anthology type spinoff waiting to happen with ST and still believe it.

From top to bottom might legit be my favorite show ever.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I thought season 4 was pretty great so I will def be tuning in. The delay between seasons never really bothered me, plenty of other stuff to occupy my time. I'm curious to see the numbers Netflix pulls with this as well, feels like they should be doing a crap ton of advertising once filming is wrapped considering it's the finale to one of their biggest shows (biggest? I dont actually know lmao)

Feb 16, 2022
You do what you want, I don't criticize that at all. But you're giving two assholes a lot of power over you.

If we were talking about the showrunners or some producers with heavy financial stakes in the show I would agree with what you're saying. Or maybe if we were talking about the main two actors of the show.

But two actors in a huge collective of other amazing actors like in Stranger Things? Nah. I personally loved seasons 1 to 4 of that show, I'll watch the fifth season. And if it's good I might even love it! And post about it, and post gifs! Doesn't matter if two of the actors said despicable things at one point, they don't hold any power over me.

And there are also A LOT of other really great actors on that show, and an army of other people working on it. Why punish them?

Nah, I can't wait for season 5. It's gonna be great! Two insignificant assholes don't have the power to take away something I love.
The show and the cast members refusing to condemn and distance themselves from what the two assholes said says a lot about where their priorities lie. Should have dropped both of them.