DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEhYTJpC2No
We're officially halfway through filming the fifth and final season of Netflix's Stranger Things. Take it all in nerds, we're going on one last final ride!
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Stranger Things’ Season 5 First Look Revealed by Netflix: “Best Season Yet”

The streamer released a video of the cast in character, along with some of the sets, as production hits the halfway mark on the final season.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I really just hope it ends strong. I loved Season 4, though I know a lot of folks didn't.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Im hyped but why again has this taken so long? Was it covid that slowed things down? I barely remember the story since its been so long.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Adore this series. Probably my favorite sci-fi/fantasy series since Carnivale.

Gonna miss it.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Season 4 was trashy but it hit its key points really well. Seasons 2 and 3 were a slide downward though. Parts of 3 are genuinely insufferable.

And yeah, two specific cast members who can not-so-kindly fuck off

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait, I'll stan Season 3 all day every day. That season was a ton of fun and the visuals are sublime(for me).

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
My biggest problem with Season 4 was they split up the cast but didn't give them anything to do, so a bunch of characters were just spinning their wheels all season/not allowed to actually succeed until it was near the end despite multiple attempts. Presumably/hopefully that won't be a problem for Season 5.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
season 4 was incredible, i can't wait for season 5

going to do a full rewatch in the months leading up to it - can't wait!!

might have to take some PTO when this all drops , too.... finally do a real binge again

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
season 4 was incredible, i can't wait for season 5

going to do a full rewatch in the months leading up to it - can't wait!!

might have to take some PTO when this all drops , too.... finally do a real binge again

my son is 10 now, he'll be 11 when S5 comes out. I'm thinking maybe I try to do a rewatch with him right before S5. I think he should be able to handle it.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
my son is 10 now, he'll be 11 when S5 comes out. I'm thinking maybe I try to do a rewatch with him right before S5. I think he should be able to handle it.

i feel like i watched 80s horror movies around that age, but certainly you know your kid best. my kids are still young (5,3,1) so we're still just on scooby doo. one day though!

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wonder how much time has passed in the story between Season 1 & 5. Because those kids from season 1 are literally adults now, so I hope it's not like only 5 years. Kinda crazy how it took them nearly 10 years to make 5 seasons.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
hopefully Netflix releases this in 5 parts over the next 5 years

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
i loved season 4 and it felt like the show really finding itself again after lesser seasons 2 and 3. the kate bush motif was REALLY effective and paid off great.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Only halfway through filming? Man, this is taking forever.

Only mediocre season to me was S2. The rest of the seasons have been incredible imo. Big fan of S3 even, as you can prob guess from my avatar, lol.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
It's taken so long, I might as well just binge the whole show over again when both parts of the final season come out. I can't believe I watched the first season almost ten years ago.

RainsJitt

May 14, 2024
Only sub par season was season 2. Every other season is some of the best TV/streaming has to offer. Can't wait for season 5. One of the actors said the episodes are even longer than season 4's

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up rewatching the series with my daughter who had never seen it last month. I rarely rewatch anything. But it was fun to get her reaction to everything, and it was nice to see the whole series straight through instead of waiting years between seasons. She keeps asking when the next season is out and I keep telling her welcome to the club of waiting between seasons. I think her favorite season is season 4. But she did like season 3 quite a bit as well.

Kinda crazy it's been about 10 years since the first season. Looking forward to how they wrap it all up. I hope they do a bit of an IT take, and fast forward in time in the final season and we see them all as adults maybe in the last scene. They have kids at this point, and it starts up again...

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
I hope they find a better pacing. This show doesn't need LOTR sized episodes

Apparently, that's all season 5 is lmao

The streamer released a video of the cast in character, along with some of the sets, as production hits the halfway mark on the final season.
Maya Hawke recently told Podcrushed that the eight episodes in the final season of the sci-fi hit will feel like "eight movies," and noted the episodes are "very long."

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I think the series is ending at the right time, and I hope it will be on a high note. SE4 was surprisingly good, my list is:

Season 3 > Season 4 >> Season 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Season 2

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably about time for me to rewatch the show, then. Haven't watched since Season 4, so I don't remember everything. I will say, though, my memory of Season 4 was watching the first chunk of episodes and thinking "holy shit, this is good. this is the best season of the show. i love this shit. can't wait for me." and then watching the last two episodes later and immediately changing to "goddamn, season 4 is such a gooddamn disappointment, how did they blow it so badly?"

Looking forward to rewatching and see how my opinions change. And I really hope they release Season 5 all at once this time.

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's S3 -> S1 -> S4 -> S2.
S3 is the best for the Steve and Robin and Steve and Dustin scenes and I really like the mall setting as well.

Looking forward to this.

RainsJitt

May 14, 2024
Apparently, that's all season 5 is lmao

That's great. Season 4 episodes were long and still left me wishing they were longer. My only concern at this point is how long it's going to take for post production and then how chopped up the final season is going to be by Netflix. Seeing them turn Cobra Kai into a 3 parter spread out over half a year sucks.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I don't know what it is about season 4, but it is cemented in my brain as "Summer". I rewatched it last summer and think I'm going to do it again soon or in August. I loved the longer episodes and felt they hit the horror aspects for this kinda show. I'm really excited for next year.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Season 4 was amazing and maybe the best one alongside first season for me. So can't wait for next season and hope for a great ending.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really need Netflix to release a 4K bluray set of the whole show when it's out and over.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
1 > > > 4 > > > > 2 > 3

Really hoping they stick the landing.

Also Mike has been insufferable to me in both 3 & 4. Hope they fix his character in some way.
Also maybe break out of the formula where the main cast has plot armor but they introduce a lovable new character to die.
And ideally not waste time on stuff that doesn't matter quite as much.

Oct 30, 2017
4=1 > 3 > 2

Cannot wait for this season to release. Show, even season 2, is such a great watch from beginning to end. Will go down as one of the best shows of all time IMO.