Oct 27, 2017
1623616579571.png
lmao, brilliant

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
tenor.png

I thought the gunplay was super janky. Being limited to only playing Starlord seems like iffy decision as well. Like why? I thought the point is playing as the Guardians of the Galaxy, not just as Starlord.

I trust Eidos Montreal as a dev *shrug*

edit: but this thread isnt about marvel

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Was this an FF spin-off prototype shelved 20 years ago that they got round to finishing up during the pandemic? Holy shit is this looking bad lol

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Nomura is doing art for this lol... If this game flops it's not on him what is this shit take
That Nomura is trash?

I don't consider that a shit take. I can't stand much of that guys output and Square would be much better off without his influence in so much of their major RPG properties.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
jesus christ, someone at Square has been huffing from the isekai pot HARD.

Now I want the games ending cutscene to be:

"MAN, THE WHOLE THING WAS JUST A VIRTUAL REALITY EXPERIENCE :)"

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
This shit reminded me of PS3's edgy phase. The combat doesn't look too good either. Definitely need to up their game.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I saw someone on another site mention that there is a Final Fantasy isekai manga titled Final Fantasy Lost Stranger.

So this is probably an isekai.

grumpybat

Apr 12, 2021
USA
I get a feeling 90% of the trailer is basically from the tutorial. Hoping it gets more colorful and imaginative as it goes on.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
23185.jpg

It feels like a miracle Yuffie looks the same at all.

Different staff and all that of course but its mindblowing that the same publisher released integrade a few days ago and you have Yuffie joining the rest of the cast in Remake as being done so damn perfect and then we get these new characters from SE. And speaking of integrade you could have a simpler design that still looks unique instead whatever these dudes are, like imagine the mc looked like Sonon for example

Ozymandias

Jun 9, 2018
The image of a serious prequel to FFI with more of an Amano-inspired art direction and little to no talking would've been AWESOME. Instead, we got dudebro yells and goofball Prompto-clone quips.

It probably would have been something similar to that if Square Enix just let Team Ninja do its thing. It would have been perfect, and its something that I didnt know I wanted. And now I will forever be disappointed that it doesn't and never will exist.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
"Don't you hate it when you and your bros get sucked into a fantasy setting to fight chaos: Final Fantasy Origin"
Is the full title

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that this damn company somehow made Final Fantasy VII Remake.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Lol, almost disgusted in how this game is attempting to pander to the West.

Late 00s-styled white dudebro, generic black guy and white woman sidekicks. Fucking lame.

Edit: the sidekicks are both dudes, sorry

Last edited:

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Title should have been

No Strangers to Chaos but maybe strangers to Paradise and Peace: Final Fantasy Origins of Chaos : The Chaos Begins over 256/2 days and Chaos Ends with You

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Kyle Bosman's last video speculated that the best case scenario would be if this game was done in the original Amano artstyle.

This is the literal worst case scenario.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Anime has been pulling off plain MC in modern clothes isekai for ages. Besides the dialogue this game is also being failed hard by its art direction.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
In addition, players who download and play STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION are invited to participate in a survey*** to provide feedback to the development team on their play experience, helping to shape the outcome of the game

oh boy

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Look how it could have been.

Like seriously, that trailer is a clunkier slower paced battle system.